• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Marzia Bisognin (CutiePieMarzia)

310 posts in this topic

Posted

This is my first post.

I used to like her when I was in middle school when I had a "cute kawaii" phase. I enjoyed her DIYs and fashion choices as they were very "kawaii" and cute.

I find her voice annoying and high pitched. It could be fake but I can't imagine somebody purposely trying to make their voice sound higher to please their audience. (Plus it strains your throat).

Her immaturity kind of shows when Felix tries to teach her guitar but she keeps giggling. She even insisted on holding the guitar incorrectly...

She posted a video on a "mermaid" look tutorial. It was extremely unconventional and the drawn moon on her forehead looked like crap. She removed the video for the criticism she got. For being on a platform that is highly popular, she should expect criticism and be able to take it. She said that it was a "creative" look and not an everyday one. Obviously, no one is going to go out in public looking like that.

Her subscription box is expensive. Some of the makeup products won't even match your hair. She, herself, even acknowledged that it may not match people's hair color but she just plays it off. The box included Gerard Cosmetics's lip gloss. GC is known for allergic reactions and controversy. I just wish she chose items that would look good on all skin tones or at least provide different types of boxes for different skin tones and hair colors. I guess if you have the same skin tone and hair color as Marzia, you're lucky.

Also, she froze a piece of watermelon and stuck it onto a popsicle stick? Threw in a piece of paper and some dead flowers in a phone case? This is just lazy and ideas she found off pinterest.

I find her animation kind of.. elementary?

Overall, she's really pretty and I like how her style has evolved more maturely over the years. Some of her videos just come off as lazy. Her 'good' editing skills is just a way for her to look like she put a lot of work in her videos.

Posted

Some people find her voice annoying, but she explained in multiple videos that she doesn't fake it and that she sounds like this just because of her italian accent. However, I enjoy her videos and think that she's very sweet. Marzia has a very unique, vintage-ish, cute and girly style which I adore. She inspires me so much :x

Posted (edited)

I honestly dislike her. :beardo: And that's not because I'm a Pewds fan, because I'm not (I dislike them both).
I'll explain why. Firstly, Marzia is a typical, rich and 'sweet' beauty blogger just like any other up there on YT. She doesn't do anything new, as long as I'm aware. She does houls and makeup tutorials, also some vlogs all the time, that's boring and that's not art at all. Everyone with money can do that. Secondly - her voice and accent annoy me, she has known English for a long time and still can't speak it without STRONG italian accent, sometimes it's even hard to understand what she's saying. She's got NO SKILLS, but seem to have a good personality. That's it.

Edited by TosyaChan
wrote 'honastly' in the first sentence oops

Posted

I honestly dislike her. :beardo: And that's not because I'm a Pewds fan, because I'm not (I dislike them both).
I'll explain why. Firstly, Marzia is a typical, rich and 'sweet' beauty blogger just like any other up there on YT. She doesn't do anything new, as long as I'm aware. She does houls and makeup tutorials, also some vlogs all the time, that's boring and that's not art at all. Everyone with money can do that. Secondly - her voice and accent annoy me, she has known English for a long time and still can't speak it without STRONG italian accent, sometimes it's even hard to understand what she's saying. She's got NO SKILLS, but seem to have a good personality. That's it.

• Yes she is rich, by circumstance. Also a beauty blogger, which is not a sin, as beauty tips are highly in demand, its just the society we live in.
  • She does hauls, makeup tutorials, animation videos, has her own beauty box, does DIYS, vlogs (which are nicely edited and easy to watch unlike most vlogs) she even tried her hand at designing clothing. Say what you will about beauty blogging, she is doing it correctly. An easily consumed sense of aesthetic, with an equally easy to consume amount of varied content. 

On my opinions: Her voice has never annoyed me, her Italian accent is a nice change of pace from grossly loud american girls accents.

"She has no skills" You are watching you tubers. Video production is their marketable skill, it can easily be said most aren't considered "skilled" by the general public, And yet many draw a high following and make decent profit. Obviously they're doing better than the majority of us.

Posted (edited)

Daily vlogs: for someone who relies on her face and voice for fleeting fame her voice is incredibly annoying.

Edited by Fish

Posted (edited)

I just watched the Thursday video and read her blog entry. Apparently she is learning interior design which is pretty cool IMO. Also turns out she knows four languages, which is a pretty good skill! 

Some people find her voice annoying, but she explained in multiple videos that she doesn't fake it and that she sounds like this just because of her italian accent. However, I enjoy her videos and think that she's very sweet. Marzia has a very unique, vintage-ish, cute and girly style which I adore. She inspires me so much :x

Yeah her voice kind of grows on you the more you watch. She talks about her voice here:

Edited by roller

Posted

I love Marzia! She and Pewds have grown a lot since they first started and that is amazing to see. 

Posted

Marzia is growing and finding herself with out Pewds I'm happy for her! I love her interiors :D

BOTx

Posted (edited)

Edited by fiend

Posted

I love Marzia, her vlogs are usually enjoyable and very chill to watch! I also lover her tattoos, she's getting a lot of smaller tattoos now tho so it kinda looks messy but still cute on her. Her whole life is goals :alpacacrush:

Posted

I used to like her, but not anymore. I don't see the 'creativity' and 'amazing editing' that her viewers keep raving about. Her videos look aesthetically pleasing and appealing, but that's it. The content itself is pretty shallow and useless (stabbing a stick into a watermelon and calling it a DIY? Really?). And for someone who keeps saying that she's busy, she sure doesn't seem like it judging from her recent daily vlogs. Also, she can't take criticism and always labels it as "hate". People criticised her mermaid look video not because they don't understand that it's not supposed to be an everyday-makeup look, but because the tutorial itself is shit. Drawing a disproportionate moon on the forehead and calling it a creative makeup tutorial? And expecting people to praise her and not get any criticism at all? She should get out of her unicorn bubble and accept that the real world is not full of sparkles and rainbows.

Posted

For once, I really appreciate that Marzia is a supporter of the Blue Cross. I am a huge supporter of them, and its nice to know that she included the trip in her video - hopefully with her following, they get more donations! However, I wish she covered it a bit more, as it was the shortest section of her video. For Youtubers with large followings and a voice, I wish people spoke of charities and shelters more often. I would have loved more of her own input and thoughts - she kinda just recited Wikipedia as well as their current plans and moved on. 

Also it bugs me that she and Felix are thinking of getting a new dog. I understand that people are free to make their choices and if they want a dog of a certain breed/colour/sex then that is fine. However I wonder if it ever occurred to her if she could maybe adopt a dog from a shelter that really is in need of a loving home. They both appear caring towards their current dogs, so I'm sure they'd do fantastic like usual. The shelter may not always have exactly what you had in mind. It just bothers me when people are like 'oh yes if I were to get a pet it has to be this and this or maybe this!!' but maybe I'm just being a crazy animal lover :lamaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

Edited by fiend

Posted

Ah, I love Marzia :alpacacrush: Been watching her for yeaaars now.

As for her voice; I don't think she's faking it tbh. My voice sounds really high pitched too when I speak english in comparison to when I speak german.

I think this video shows her "natural" voice pretty well

Posted

Marzia is goals. I often stop watching her (I unsubbed because of horror videos some time ago, subbed again few days ago), but I always come back. She's so positive! I even had a kawaii part of my clothing because of her, needless to say, it didn't work on me since I was almost always a hourglass and those clothings look akward on curved body.

Anyone knows if she wears extensions? Her hair looks so good, but it looks like she has some weird layers. :Alpacaconfused:

Yes she does wear extensions.
She said it in one of her blog posts : 
https://marziaslife.com/2016/04/26/5th-day-hair/#more-2111