• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Marzia Bisognin (CutiePieMarzia)

297 posts in this topic

Posted

Ya'll gonna ignore when she gave shit giveaways (used shit, mind you) and still gives nice things (new things at least that aren't used) to her fellow YT mateys? Cause that grinds my gears. Giveaways shouldn't be used goods imho. Especially if she's well off enough to go buy something at the store for her fans. I just can't like people who do that. Hell I would understand if she doesn't get a lot of money but just ergh.
There was a vid of the box she was gonna send on her YT but cba to find it.

I don't see something bad about that? That's actually a really nice idea, because our society throws away too many clothes who still are wearable. And it's not like she says that those clothes are brand new and then the person gets old, stinky clothes with stains on them. And she does many give aways with stuff she just bought. So.. I don't see a problem here.

Posted

I don't see something bad about that? That's actually a really nice idea, because our society throws away too many clothes who still are wearable. And it's not like she says that those clothes are brand new and then the person gets old, stinky clothes with stains on them. And she does many give aways with stuff she just bought. So.. I don't see a problem here.

And opened and used makeup is cool too?.. Call me a bitch but I think that's ratchet.

Posted

And opened and used makeup is cool too?.. Call me a bitch but I think that's ratchet.

I don't know about used makeup. I actually stopped watching her a while ago.

Posted

I remember Marzia going on a rampage about her horror themed videos, you know the ones she draws out and it's a bit of a silent movie? I understand she works really hard on them, but I remember she had a huge fuss over her subscribers not enjoying it. I understand as a content creator, pleasing your viewers is important, so is doing the things you love and enjoy. It's quite manipulative. If people don't enjoy it, fair enough. Not everyone is going to be a fan, and may follow her for her other videos which is fine. 

Also her Marzia's Life blog is great in a way she can connect to her fans through words, however I've occasionally seen her use it to bitch and call people out, which isn't very mature.

i think she's great, but sometimes I feel she needs to accept that with the amount of fans she has, not everyone is going to love every little thing she throws out. She should take it into consideration, but definitely keep doing what she likes. 

did she make a video about this? Cause i haven't seen it.

Posted

@whirl not a video, somewhere on her blog a while back. 

Posted (edited)

@whirl not a video, somewhere on her blog a while back. 

She probably just spoke her mind is all. I mean she did work hard for it. That's why now she doesn't post as much of that anymore. I don't watch them either because it really ain't my thing, you know? I'm only up for her vlogs, hauls, and how to's. Not because they're really unique or anything. I just really like her aesthetic, they "feel good", i get to see their pugs, and their Victorian inspired house.

Lol i understand that people can get jealous because it may look that she's living the life, but it's honestly just simple living(not talking about material things). What she and pewdiepie do is just stroll around with their pugs or travel abroad, when they could be out doing drugs or partying on yachts with all that money. 

Edited by whirl

Posted

I don't know about used makeup. I actually stopped watching her a while ago.

I found that out a while back (not too long, my memory of dates and shit flew deep into the vast galaxy we live in) but yeah, this seems to be a recurring thing with some girl youtubers out there. 

Posted (edited)

I understand where you're coming from but it's pretty damn common. My friends and I share makeup on occasion. Granted we clean our brushes before and after use. It's no different than a makeup artist using their makeup on multiple clients. I think as long as you're aware of the risks you just can't complain if you get pink eye or are paralyzed from a nasty staph infection like that one asian girl. 

Edited by T.O.P

Posted

Yeah, it's not so bad as long she doesn't lie about them being used. I wouldn't mind joining the giveaway too if there are still other "usable" / brand new products in there. 

Posted

As long as it is made clear they are used I have no problem with lightly used items. Hopefully Marzia knows how to properly clean the product down before giving it away, and hopefully the receiver has enough common sense to clean down the products just in case. Personally I would draw the line at a mascara or eyeliner unless I knew the exact conditions they were kept in, but a makeup palette? That I could do. I could even do a lipstick since those are so easy to sanitize. 

Maybe this is a bit of a tangent but my younger sister and I share makeup all the time since she is my roommate (in my apartment) and I know how clean she keeps her makeup. Plus why spend $50 bucks on a palette when you can share one? I either go halvies or get most of the expensive palettes for free (usually due to my sister not liking them). Hell, even though my sister and I both use the Naked palette nearly every day there is still a ton of product in it. That is two people using it for. . .four years now? But we also use decent primers that mean we use very little product. Plus if you know how to sanitize your makeup and don't keep it around moisture and varying temperature most powdered makeup is good for years. (I can't scientifically say the same for liquid and gel products unfortunately.) 

So long story short: if she tells people they are used and sanitizes them I really don't see the problem. 

Posted

I have no problem as long as it's sanitized. I mean it's free :alpacalove:

Posted

I understand where you guys are coming from.. But she never specifies they're used. At least not from what I've seen and heard and read. If she's upfront I wouldn't have any issues. 

Posted (edited)

I understand where you guys are coming from.. But she never specifies they're used. At least not from what I've seen and heard and read. If she's upfront I wouldn't have any issues. 

Never heard about this before. O.o Do you still have the link to this giveaway or posts?  

Edited by abbymatcha

Posted (edited)

Never heard about this before. O.o Do you still have the link to this giveaway or posts?  

I'll see if I can find them. I'll edit it in once I do.
EDIT: For some odd reason I can't find any giveaway videos? Are they deleted or did the titles change?:Alpacaconfused:

Edited by ChokedOnFruits
searching like cray couldnt find shiz

Posted

I understand where you're coming from but it's pretty damn common. My friends and I share makeup on occasion. Granted we clean our brushes before and after use. It's no different than a makeup artist using their makeup on multiple clients. I think as long as you're aware of the risks you just can't complain if you get pink eye or are paralyzed from a nasty staph infection like that one asian girl. 

OT ramble but I worked closely with professional makeup artists for a while, and the way it goes with makeup artists is that they clean brushes of course, but when it comes to things like lip products and mascara they use disposables; mascara always, creamy products/lip if there's a suspicion of something contagious.

After what I learned, unless you know this person has never had a contagious face disease (so your friends count) while using any cream/liquid product, don't accept it. You're meant to never accept mascara from anyone too.

Pressed powders are generally ok.