• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Marzia Bisognin (CutiePieMarzia)

371 posts in this topic

Posted

Tbh I always thought that Felix vomiting story was a non-issue. I can understand how from an outside perspective her behaviour comes off as childish and self-centered, but as someone with similar problems (anxiety, different kinds of severe phobia with apparently no traumatic background to blame), I can tell it's not something you can just overcome when someone suddenly needs your help.

And you will feel extremely guilty for not being there for that person (or maybe even worsening the situation). So I can understand why she got defensive and wanted to explain herself when half of the internet told her she sucks as a human being because of that.

People need to remember that they were both ill at the time, just in different ways. But mental health issues still get downplayed compared to physical illness.

BUT

My problem with how she manages her mental health issues is that she apparently doesn't at all. I can't recall her going to therapy, but what seems to be the biggest problem: she never tries to challenge herself.

These forms of presistent anxiety won't just go away by beating them once or even several times (as often suggested), but you can definitely train yourself to get more used to specific situations so you can handle them better. But this requires you to continually step out of your comfort zone, otherwise you're just isolating yourself more and more over time, and your fears will become even bigger roadblocks until your whole life will eventually be controlled by them.

There will always be worse periods, obviously, and you're allowed to feel bad from time to time, but when you're at a handicap you have to learn how to deal with your life with that handicap. That's just good old reality for ya

Posted

Of course, I understand your points. However, do people who have severe anxiety and who are feeling very guilty because of their helplessness actually have time to pose in front of a mirror and take a selfie while their significant other is suffering in the background? If she was really panicking, she wouldn't have done that. I know I wouldn't, and other people wouldn't as well. That's why everything she does seem so self-centered and attention seeking. "Oh no, I have emetophobia and I can't help my boyfriend because of it. I feel so useless... but first, let me take a selfie."

agreed, and despite him also being ill he has to suck it up and then go and help her. So her 'illness' trumps his then. Just becsuse you have mental illness you still have to be responsible for yourself. That's like saying if someone is a pedofile then oh that's a mental illness they can't help molesting children. Mental illness doesn't justify being a shitty person. 

Posted

agreed, and despite him also being ill he has to suck it up and then go and help her. So her 'illness' trumps his then. Just becsuse you have mental illness you still have to be responsible for yourself. That's like saying if someone is a pedofile then oh that's a mental illness they can't help molesting children. Mental illness doesn't justify being a shitty person. 

That's just really not the same... having a panick attack is not comparable to a pedophile molesting children, and doesn't make you a shitty person

If she had to suck it up and go help him, then would that mean that his illness trumps hers? It's not a damn race of who has it worse, both are allowed to feel bad. But I'm obviously not implying that it's always Felix who should be the one to put his problems aside. As I said, Marzia really needs to work on her issues because I agree that mental illness is not a get out the jail free card.

Btw I agree with @Legolas that she's definitely attention seeking. I don't think she was faking it (the overly dramatic tone was pretty grating though), but rather that she's like a little child who constantly needs support and positive feedback and someone to hold her hand. So when Felix wasn't able to do that she ran to the internet.

Posted

I don't think she was faking it (the overly dramatic tone was pretty grating though), but rather that she's like a little child who constantly needs support and positive feedback and someone to hold her hand. So when Felix wasn't able to do that she ran to the internet.

But if the internet did give her attention and reassurance, why did she leave in the first place? I thought it was because of the opposite reason that she decided to quit YT.

Posted

But if the internet did give her attention and reassurance, why did she leave in the first place? I thought it was because of the opposite reason that she decided to quit YT.

I think she used to rely on the internet as one would rely on an actual person, except the internet is not just a giant hive mind and you're going to get mixed reactions on everything you put out there. She obviously got a lot of sympathy and reassurance from her fanbase, but being as sensitive as she is, she always went out of her way to look at the criticism about her on gossip sites and took it upon herself to reply to the "accusations" several times. But she had to realise after a while that these people aren't her friends and they aren't going to be super diplomatic with their opinions just to make her feel better about herself.

So tl;dr she's just really not cut out to be a social media personality as she seems to be unable to cope with criticism and setting boundaries in a healthy manner.

Posted

If she had to suck it up and go help him, then would that mean that his illness trumps hers?

Yes? Don't get me wrong, I share your sentiment about mental illness deserving just as much attention as physical illness. But you know why people with ACTUAL social anxiety, phobias and depression (to a lesser degree, it's not just as "glamourous") aren't often taken seriously? Because of people like Marzia vilifying them. Even slightly excusing her behavior (with the best intentions, I know) is a disservice to the cause.

I don't think Marzia has emetophobia. I really, really, really don't think so. Keep in mind that this person exaggerates EVERYTHING. She once posted on her blog that kindergarten was THE WORST PERIOD OF HER LIFE...because the teacher always made her eat everything that was in her plate. I tended to eat very little as a kid too, but I certainly don't think much of it now. It's like saying "what a terrible childhood, I was fed broccoli sometimes!". Oh, and that's not it. She concluded by saying that she now always leaves a bit of food in the plate remembering those days, out of spite towards her teacher. This is wrong on SO MANY levels!

So yeah, his illness DEFINITELY trumps her "illness". People with actual emetophobia often end up being anorexic, that's how severe it is. And here we have Marzia, even eating dairy despite being intolerant because "it usually just gives her some gas". I don't doubt that she's actually convinced she has phobias (and likes to collect them as badges of honor because she's oh-so-quirky), but she's probably just as grossed out by vomit as everyone else is. I cry my eyeballs out when I vomit, nobody likes it. It's a natural, human instinct, we grind our teeth when other people do it in our presence and we end up being nauseous as well because of the smell. Heck, even writing this I feel saliva collecting in my mouth. But I also have empathy, and if loved ones are literally having their insides shaken (mind you, he was vomiting "violently", in her words, multiple times, all night long, her parents even suggested calling an ambulance) then YES, I'll suck it up and help, because if I'm taking selfies I'm clearly not having panic attack induced palpitations/derealization/depersonalization.

The way she phrased the whole post was so disgusting that I couldn't come up with convoluted excuses for her even if I tried. She's not just trying to seek comfort, she's completely disregarding what Felix is going through (and when she does, it sounds fake) and almost resenting him for leaving her to care for the pugs "all by herself", or even for being contagious and not being able to look after her while she's in distress. And she seems to be fully able to concentrate, since that post is polished to sound poetically tragic.

MORE PROOF: Wait for this! She proceeded reposting the same selfie hours/days after on Twitter, with the unsufferable and tactless caption "Nurse Marzia here " + an update: https://twitter.com/MarziaPie/status/869570130682023937 ...AND. She only replied to ONE COMMENT after literally TWO SECONDS as you can see, to point out that it was a bug and not the cabbage she fed him knowing he's allergic. Well, first thing Felix tweeted when he was healed was "Damn Chinese cabbage" and even mentioned it in a video shortly after maybe. The tweet is gone interestingly (it's not the first time she forces him to delete something/edit his videos so that only her favorite side of her face shows etc.), but his fans' replies are still there: https://twitter.com/Abizr/status/869670219270168577 or https://twitter.com/Thesherbertime/status/870022402675269633 for example.So turns out it was the cabbage Marzia fed him, but she convinced herself it was a bug so she could be dramatic AND innocent about the whole thing. Win-win. I know this sounds crazy, but trust me guys. I've watched her for years and there's a pattern in everything she does. She's unbelievably manipulative and calculating, and she totally lacks empathy.

Posted (edited)

y i k e s

Edited by Sirzore
Unnecessary sentences in this kind of situation lmao

Posted

Jeez. If you are going to accidentally poison your bf least be honest and make it a joke to laugh on later.

Posted

Jeez. If you are going to accidentally poison your bf least be honest and make it a joke to laugh on later.

Right? It would have been the mature thing to do and yes, they could have laughed about it. But since she's so arrogant she never takes responsibility for anything. She just can't accept she's wrong.

Regarding the kindergarten episode: it wasn't a blogpost, it was her Draw My Life video! https://youtube.com/watch?v=zQ_o9eI2eLY I was joking but did she actually draw broccoli on her plate? lol I'm dying

"One of the toughest periods of my life" pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffft, and I just HATE how she had to draw her teacher as an evil monster or something. What a brat. So she now literally throws food away "just for rebellion"? Despicable.

Posted (edited)

I hoped she could be more original.

Edited by sasooya

Posted

Congratulations to Felix and Marzia! She looked gorgeous ❤

Posted

Am I the only one that noticed how skinny Marzia has gotten on her marriage video/pictures?

She was skinny before already, but I notice she lost a lot of weight for the wedding and she doesn't look healthy.