• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to Spot a WK

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay so we've been getting a lot of trolls lately and I thought to help the admin and ourselves that we post the characteristics we've found with white knights coming into the Vic Mignogna thread. 

One of the things I've noticed right away about white knights is that when thy create an account on PULL they immediately post into the Vic thread. Often they  will ask a weird question or usually ask something about Monica. I might be forgetting some too but there we are. 

If you have any screenshots as well I say post them! We need to keep an eye out and protect PULL. 

At ease soldiers!

Posted

Great idea for a thread! I’m loving the sub forum! Thanks Nyx and Salad/mods. 

A lot of them also start off pretending to play devil’s advocate. The whole “I’m on your side but MoNiCa iS a BiTcH.” 

And that’s another thing...they’re always trying to convince us Monica/Ron/Jamie are bad or have ‘thrown us under the bus.’ 

Posted

Some WKs claim that they're neutral in their first few posts. And then they start regurgitating the standard ISWV views... even though they originally said that they were neutral.

I've also seen some WKs be quick to rip into Jamie and Monica for having understandable reactions to online harassment and trolls. Or they victim blame Monica or Jamie.

Posted

They pretend to be confused by the whole situation, ask some strange questions, then get mad at us for not being able to give them the answers they want.

Posted

Ask multiple questions in a session ignoring the answers, and providing their own spin on their own question. But keep posting and changing topics, in other words; The Gish Gallop

"Im Just Asking Questions" Aka JAQing Off

"Not all x..." the classic sealion

Posted

They post non-committal single sentences once in a while."Yeah. Ha. They're dumb."

On the opposite end of it, they post something that is disproportionately inflammatory (I.e. "this is my first post but I THINK SO-AND-SO IS A COCK SUCKING PIECE IF SHIT AMIRITE????")

Posted

I’ve also seen them try and play innocent with the whole hey does anyone have such and such document. Even when it’s on the first post. 

Their subsequent posts usually follow the above items after asking. 

Posted

I’ve also seen them try and play innocent with the whole hey does anyone have such and such document. Even when it’s on the first post. 

Their subsequent posts usually follow the above items after asking. 

Yep. They somehow arent that good at hiding in plain sight 

Posted

Hysterical mellow drama, like this one person we had whose posts were incoherently alarmist about the whole thing. Most notably how PULL got tossed under the bus because it was cited in the defenses original response. Or the "Can I sue for dreams?" post.

Posted

Yeah they hide pretty poorly. I love how they congratulate themselves after getting caught, and it only takes their first post in this thread. 

They might have an account for a few days, but eventually we know them for what they are. They can never hide their true selves. 

giphy.gif

Posted

The only WK who was semi-decent at hiding was that person who had "kawaii" in their username. Their icon might've had Chibi Usa in it if I'm remembering correctly. They were okay at hiding, but after a while it became obvious that they were a WK. Their use of "devil's advocate" arguments eventually gave them away.  

Posted

The only WK who was semi-decent at hiding was that person who had "kawaii" in their username. Their icon might've had Chibi Usa in it if I'm remembering correctly. They were okay at hiding, but after a while it became obvious that they were a WK. Their use of "devil's advocate" arguments eventually gave them away.  

Yeah they were also discovered to have been on Kiwifarms which is another way to figure out if new folks are white knights. If they have an account on Kiwifarms, they are most definitely a white knight. 

Posted

Ahem.

My first post is on Mignogna.

I've not White Knighted him. I've had my own issues on this case but I'm trying to 'use' logic on some of this shit. Shine in when I have an idea of what I'm talking about.

Good ideas but 'not' foolproof there.

Posted (edited)

Ask multiple questions in a session ignoring the answers, and providing their own spin on their own question. But keep posting and changing topics, in other words; The Gish Gallop

"Im Just Asking Questions" Aka JAQing Off

"Not all x..." the classic sealion

Yeah they like to try and throw us off by saying really confusing things and try to make us look dumb. News flash, we aren't the ones who are asking weird stuff and not making any sense.

Oh and they try and sugarcoat to no end. "I believe in all of you! :) " or "I'll pray for you!! :):):) *endless smilies* "

Edited by KittyBear

Posted

There was a poster named "rawr" who kept trying to be "neutral" but I honestly think they could've been a hidden WK. just not a very active one.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0