• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

nickelodeon Dan Schneider Scandal Thread

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I Always noticed how many of the cast of Zoey 101 still seem super close to each other(which I think is very rare for a child show that has ended so many years ago)

I see christopher massey, matthew underwood, paul butcher, jamie lynn spears and victoria justice all interact often with eachother through social media so it seems like they are still pretty close to eachother after so many years, which would make you think it was a very fun experience which they all bonded greatly over.

I´m not really sure how I feel about the bullying of Alexa by Jamie, as they were still were very young back then like 11 orso, and many kids are just cruel to each other because well they are stupid kids or even jealousy. So not sure what her intentions are, but as much as I dislike Jamie Lynn Spears(for her lifestyle choices really so thats just my personal thing going on there) I dont think she deserves to get tainted for what she did when she was so young, unless it was a very sadistic/cruel type of bullying she endured, but again thats just my opinion.

and I´m not really sure what they would even want to do with a Zoey 101 reboot, they are all in their 20s/30s now, whats there to do? follow around their adult life? I was a huge fan of the series and still watch it rarely when there is nothing on tv these days lol but I find a reboot...yeah...just no.

and this is why disney is better.

I mean a pretty big portion of people that came out of disney also had a mental breakdown at some point of their carreer some even ruining their careers completely. Prime example probably Lindsay Lohan, who once had the world at her feet, known for her beauty and also having big succes in both music and movies, but now she is seen as a ´´loser´´ by most people and mostly used as a laughing stock these days. other well known examples being Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus. many childhood stars seem to struggle later in life, and it seems to be a thing that has been around ever since childhood stars existed, take Judy Garland for example. Always been a huge fan of her, and feel so sad for all she had to endure at the hands of the disgusting MGM men. Shirley Temple has also spoken out about either a director or a company producer showing him her penis when she was very little like under the age of 10. So it has been scaringly a thing for close to a 100 years already by many different companies. so I dont think its really the fault of a specific company like nickelodeon,disney or mgm at fault really, but the people they hire/bring into their companies. probably a lot of creepy and fucked up people see or saw this as a great chance to take advantage of minors and fullfill their sick fantasies by working there.

not to mention, I also think the lack of children in the industry that are born to proper/mentally stable parents weighs in heavily on the outcome of this.

having so much money and access to everything and anything you can get and being worshipped by milions of people will take a toll on you.

I wonder  if Amanda Bynes break down had anything to do with this, some people said it was because she was diagnosed with a serious mental illness but others say it was because she was abused.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

Wasnt a disney executive just fired for the same shit tho? + Some artist from one of their cartoons liking pedo drawings of a 13 yo with a 50 yo-looking frog

I Always noticed how many of the cast of Zoey 101 still seem super close to each other(which I think is very rare for a child show that has ended so many years ago)

I see christopher massey, matthew underwood, paul butcher, jamie lynn spears and victoria justice all interact often with eachother through social media so it seems like they are still pretty close to eachother after so many years, which would make you think it was a very fun experience which they all bonded greatly over.

I´m not really sure how I feel about the bullying of Alexa by Jamie, as they were still were very young back then like 11 orso, and many kids are just cruel to each other because well they are stupid kids or even jealousy. So not sure what her intentions are, but as much as I dislike Jamie Lynn Spears(for her lifestyle choices really so thats just my personal thing going on there) I dont think she deserves to get tainted for what she did when she was so young, unless it was a very sadistic/cruel type of bullying she endured, but again thats just my opinion.

and I´m not really sure what they would even want to do with a Zoey 101 reboot, they are all in their 20s/30s now, whats there to do? follow around their adult life? I was a huge fan of the series and still watch it rarely when there is nothing on tv these days lol but I find a reboot...yeah...just no.

I mean a pretty big portion of people that came out of disney also had a mental breakdown at some point of their carreer some even ruining their careers completely. Prime example probably Lindsay Lohan, who once had the world at her feet, known for her beauty and also having big succes in both music and movies, but now she is seen as a ´´loser´´ by most people and mostly used as a laughing stock these days. other well known examples being Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus. many childhood stars seem to struggle later in life, and it seems to be a thing that has been around ever since childhood stars existed, take Judy Garland for example. Always been a huge fan of her, and feel so sad for all she had to endure at the hands of the disgusting MGM men. Shirley Temple has also spoken out about either a director or a company producer showing him her penis when she was very little like under the age of 10. So it has been scaringly a thing for close to a 100 years already by many different companies. so I dont think its really the fault of a specific company like nickelodeon,disney or mgm at fault really, but the people they hire/bring into their companies. probably a lot of creepy and fucked up people see or saw this as a great chance to take advantage of minors and fullfill their sick fantasies by working there.

not to mention, I also think the lack of children in the industry that are born to proper/mentally stable parents weighs in heavily on the outcome of this.

having so much money and access to everything and anything you can get and being worshipped by milions of people will take a toll on you.

I wonder  if Amanda Bynes break down had anything to do with this, some people said it was because she was diagnosed with a serious mental illness but others say it was because she was abused.

Im pretty sure Alexa had a feud with Jamie (pretty much like Victoria and Ariana) and Britney went to the set to fight a fucking 14 yo cause her sister had a diva mindset for being her family or something.

Posted

Wasnt a disney executive just fired for the same shit tho? + Some artist from one of their cartoons liking pedo drawings of a 13 yo with a 50 yo-looking frog

Im pretty sure Alexa had a feud with Jamie (pretty much like Victoria and Ariana) and Britney went to the set to fight a fucking 14 yo cause her sister had a diva mindset for being her family or something.

yeah, and I think only more people are going to be exposed. I atleast hope so. So many sick fucks at MGM already got away with it because no body dared to talk about it back then, was actually really surprised Shirley Temple did.

Now that you mention it... I vaguely remember reading that about Britney bullying her! but at that time I wasn´t very keen to believe it back then cause I was still painfully naive to think ´´Adults wouldnt do that to a kid´´. Ugh, I lowkey hope that didn´t happan but Britney isnt exactly known for emotional stability/maturity either. ugh that would be so sad. I mean kids bickering is one thing, but one of them dragging in a famous older sister, who Alexa possibly could´ve been a fan of seeing as how popular Britney was back then. that is so sad. 

Posted

The guy always gave me bad vibes. I've seen arguments (mostly on instagram) that "but he never touched them! Dont ruin my childhood :(((" he still used his fetish (which was sexual) in KIDS shows. He had actors doing stuff that catered to his fetish and even that online contest of kids sending in pictures of their feet. Just because no ones come out saying hes touched them (yet) doesnt mean he should get away with it.

Posted

Here's Alexa's livestream someone reuploaded to YouTube.

Posted

Part two of her livestream 

Posted (edited)

so I just watched both, Its hard to Judge cause according to her it isnt the full story YET, but minus bitch Britney it was kind of what I expected the situation among the cast members to be like. as the whole dynamic is as old as time.

Basically a bunch of kids targeting and excluding the shy/insecure/clingy or overly nice kid from the group. The whole you cant sit with us kind of bullying. been there myself. It can definitely be a traumatic experience. It seems like the cast are all still very close but they just never wanted to include her. I wonder how she feels about that.

like go to any former Zoey 101 cast members instagram page(minus Alexa) and you can see many pictures of them hanging out together still in 2019, tagging eachother, talking. talking about the endless fond memories. It feels so weird to me. and probably hurtful for Alexa too.

I´m sure some of them regret their behavior. I think we have all done stupid or even mean stuff as a kid but reaching out to apologize out of nowhere also feels off.

This kind of behavior of group forming and singling one person out for whatever reason, It happans all the time everywhere around the world in school, sport clubs, music clubs, heck...it even happens in work places around adults.

Thing that intrigues me is that she says it hurts her Erin Saunders never reached out to her, and Sean Flynn was sometimes nice but then again not really?

Christopher and Paul are never even mentioned, but she said she would go into more detail so that may be why.

also Dan is a fucking creep and apparantly Always has been, not surprising. you dont go from being a young normal nice 20/30 something guy , and later turn into a creepy perverted men in your 40s/50s

Edited by Kiko

Posted

Actually Bella Thorne said in an interview promo-ing her book that starting from age 6 she was continually molested and raped and she was a disney kid 

Posted

Actually Bella Thorne said in an interview promo-ing her book that starting from age 6 she was continually molested and raped and she was a disney kid 

this happened at home though i assume since it was happening before she was on disney. i think most people don't even know she didn't wanna be on disney channel but she was kind of forced to by her family since it paid bills lmao. her dad also died when she was very young and that's pretty traumatizing too i feel bad for her man.

Posted

I’m super interested in the documentary Alexa mentions in that livestream. I wish she could have said more about it, but at this point I don’t think anyone really knows when it’ll be released. The fact she said in the livestream that she couldn’t go into more detail about Dan specifically because she does so in the documentary.. just really has me chomping at the bit to hear what she says.

Posted

why does it seem that the rest of the zoey 101 cast seemed to enjoy it and never mentioned the dan thing?  i believe alexa 100% but i dont get why the others don’t call out dan.  i get it could be hard to talk about, maybe that’s why no ones really saying anything about it

Posted (edited)

why does it seem that the rest of the zoey 101 cast seemed to enjoy it and never mentioned the dan thing?  i believe alexa 100% but i dont get why the others don’t call out dan.  i get it could be hard to talk about, maybe that’s why no ones really saying anything about it

Well, there’s lots to factor in. The biggest one (unfortunately) being that if anyone were to speak out about Dan (or any of the other disgusting men working on his shows cuz there were plenty) they’d probably be met with a huge legal battle. Men like Dan Schneider will do anything in order to keep indulging in their sick behavior. Including fighting one of their victims using the legal system.

And not only this, but if one of his stars still working in entertainment were to speak up, there’s a good chance they could be blacklisted. And never work in entertainment again. Alexa even mentions that while she was a child on Zoey 101, she was told she’d never work again cuz she spoke up about how she was being treated. And how much have we really seen of her since Zoey 101? Not a whole lot.... (looks like she’s been in some B-movies in the mid to late 2000’s and that’s it)

It can be so scary for so many reasons... and after hearing about how Dan spoke to Alexa when she was being bullied by his cast makes me think he REALLY does not care. And could even be dangerous.

Edited by AnarchyStocking

Posted (edited)

sorry to bump an older post in the thread about someone unrelated but i just wanted to say something because i recently had a memory:

when i was a kid i was SO into ren and stimpy (and i still am, it was one of the things that shaped my sense of humor) and i had DVDs of the series. i was starting to get into movie stuff when i was like 13 so i got into watching movies with the commentary tracks on (side note: best ones by far i remember were mean girls and napoleon dynamite, in case anyone has DVDs and gets bored one day), and i watched one episode with the commentary on. there was a girl there who they said had won a fan contest and got to be in the commentary of the episode. and it was just so weird. even as a kid i sensed the vibe was very off. first of all, from the vibe between john k and the girl i got the impression that they had known each other before and since she was like 16 or 17 i inherently felt that that fact alone was just suspect. secondly the other guy in the commentary (can't remember if it was billy west or what) was obviously REALLY uncomfortable and trying to play it off to get through the commentary. it always struck me as really weird and i thought about it from time to time over the years. come to find out now, that girl was one of his victims. 

it's just so wild to me that these predatory fucks not only do what they do to kids but obviously see no problem with it because they brazenly put evidence of their shit in plain sight!  like i'm sure dan schneider was shady and took pains to hide his grooming from adults on set, but did he really think he was being slick putting constant foot shots in his shows?? scenes where for example the girls of victorious are doing like, a bikini car wash??? that's the surefire sign of someone who has been a piece of shit for so long it's almost like they forget it isn't normal and they feel so untouchable they think they can put it in front of everyone's faces. the sad thing is for a long time that was true -- it was such an "open secret" that dan is a creep but only in recent years did nick finally shit can him. 

omg why wont this photo go away

Screen Shot 2019-05-01 at 4.10.32 PM.png

Edited by lil mango

Posted

Wow. As a tween who was a HUGE fan of the Nickelodeon shows (The Amanda Show, Drake and Josh, iCarly, Zoey 101, Victorious) I always felt that there was something "weird" about his shows, but that was what I loved about it. As a 10-13 year old, I was getting into that phase where weird and random things were the height of humor for me, and the vaguely sexual situations in the show always made me feel like I was watching a more mature show than say, Hannah Montana. The Nick shows always felt distinctly "off" in comparison to Disney shows of the same era (HM, Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life), which I feel like on more classic jokes than Schneider's focus on feet as the punchline. It absolutely sickens me now watching these shows, KNOWING that Dan Schneider has preyed on these young actors and inserted jokes that he knew were inappropriate for young adolescents. 

I watched both videos of Alexa Nikolas's livestream and I'm definitely going to be checking out the documentary that she mentioned. She seems to have grown into a lovely and kind individual, and it's sad to hear that one of my favorite shows was a toxic environment for her, although it's nice to hear that Sean Flynn (Chase) was kind. I can totally see Jamie Lynn Spears having a big ego when she came onto Zoey 101, having previously been on All That and also being the younger sister of one of the world's biggest pop stars.

Interestingly enough, Victorious seems to have produced both the most successful stars, although they weren't the main character. Ariana Grande is an obvious one, but both Liz Gillies and Avan Jogia seem to have fairly regular and relevant acting credits since it ended. I think Amanda Bynes had so much promise, but we all saw her downfall post-2010. And the cast of Drake and Josh, iCarly, and Zoey 101 seem to have faded mostly into obscurity (aside from Josh Peck, but I consider him more of a YT/internet celebrity now). It's also interesting that the stars of relevant Disney shows of that era (Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Suite Life, Sonny with a Chance, Shake it Up!) seemed to have created pop culture icons (Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, the Sprouse brothers, Demi Lovato, Bella Thorne + Zendaya) that are relevant today. I'm not saying that Disney doesn't abuse the young child actors they work with (I'm sure that all of those individuals have horror stories) but I'm almost wondering if Dan Schneider was doing something repeatedly on his sets that make most of the young actors to want to stop participating in the mainstream acting industry. It makes sense that perhaps Victorious saw less of that, considering that most of the actors were 17+ years old when the show was running, while a show like Zoey 101 casted mainly 11-12 year olds. 

Posted

Idk what this means but it can't be good for Dan