• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

nickelodeon Dan Schneider Scandal Thread

63 posts in this topic

Posted

I probably feel the worst about Victoria, he ruined her career because she didnt want to fck him, I hope that its almost all out she can find a good job like Liz did. Also Jennette, when I saw that vine I thought she was mentally unstable, maybe I wasnt so wrong after all...

What about Miranda tho? Maybe some blind item is about her?

Posted

ngl, i was really surprised when all this came out just a little while ago as some big scandal thing because even when i was a kid (10/11 probably) & watched his shows while they were still running, it was a known thing between me, my siblings, friends from school, etc that dan was a weirdo foot fetishist? i thought it was old news. like it was just common knowledge. though obviously as kids we didnt fully grasp all the abuse stuff and just thought it was funny and that we were all mature for knowing what a foot fetish was or whatever. was that not .. as much of a known thing as i thought?

anyways, i do feel awful for all the people hes hurt, but at the same time... i dont know, theres so many people like him. that doesn't make what hes done anywhere near okay obviously, but most people in positions like his are creeps. im not surprised at all, idk why everyone's reaction was "oh my god the guy making all our childhood shows is actually a freak how could we have ever seen this coming!!!". and i will say people constantly making those weird "Haha dan 'hold her tighter shes a fighter' schneider!!!" jokes whenever hes brought up disgusts me, as if this is some funny situation and not something that's left a bunch of people w serious trauma.

Posted

ngl, i was really surprised when all this came out just a little while ago as some big scandal thing because even when i was a kid (10/11 probably) & watched his shows while they were still running, it was a known thing between me, my siblings, friends from school, etc that dan was a weirdo foot fetishist? i thought it was old news. like it was just common knowledge. though obviously as kids we didnt fully grasp all the abuse stuff and just thought it was funny and that we were all mature for knowing what a foot fetish was or whatever. was that not .. as much of a known thing as i thought?

anyways, i do feel awful for all the people hes hurt, but at the same time... i dont know, theres so many people like him. that doesn't make what hes done anywhere near okay obviously, but most people in positions like his are creeps. im not surprised at all, idk why everyone's reaction was "oh my god the guy making all our childhood shows is actually a freak how could we have ever seen this coming!!!". and i will say people constantly making those weird "Haha dan 'hold her tighter shes a fighter' schneider!!!" jokes whenever hes brought up disgusts me, as if this is some funny situation and not something that's left a bunch of people w serious trauma.

It was known, but was taken more as a rumor, since nobody came forward and said anything at all or confirmed it...and well, now its pretty much confirmed and taken a lot more seriously. I really hope girls like Victoria can make it big, she was at the freaking top but they basically threw her off because she didnt want to fck him, poor girl. 

Posted

It was known, but was taken more as a rumor, since nobody came forward and said anything at all or confirmed it...and well, now its pretty much confirmed and taken a lot more seriously. I really hope girls like Victoria can make it big, she was at the freaking top but they basically threw her off because she didnt want to fck him, poor girl. 

ah, that makes a lot more sense then.

correct me if wrong but she was in Zoey 101 too as a minor character? assuming that's what the blind item 13 talking about the two shows is possibly about.... that's awful. she was barely a teen starting zoey 101 (looking it up, 12 years old apparently) and victorious started when she was 16 or 17. her childhood must've been ruled by dan. jesus.

& i still see people mocking her all the time saying she was never talented to begin with and she must be so salty ariana is wildly successful while she has nothing and that she deserves nothing. its crazy. i dont particularly like her or anything but everyone absolutely hates her bcos that one "I think we all sing" video, which is dumb to begin with but even if you think shes a bad person or untalented it just seems unnecessarily cruel to be so rude when its pretty much confirmed she was horribly abused her entire childhood and that's a big reason her career is the way it is.

and you know, i feel like she specifically wouldn't be able to come out about this if she wanted to, because people would spin it into "shes just looking for attention because her careers dead unlike her peers". they really did screw her over.

Posted

I grew up watching most of his shows (Kenan and Kel, All that, The Amanda Show, didn't really check out his later shows Zoey 101, I carly , Victorious) and i never even notice  the overt sexual nature in them mostly due to the fact that i was still a child at the time. But now that im older yeah i see it now. 

There were alot of Feet jokes especially in The Amanda Show and some of the female skits of All That.

Its kinda fucked up too because knowing how much damage he did to all those child stars he hired it kinda makes it hard to look at those shows  in the same light now knowing whats we know about him.

im surprise he wasn't outed when John K was though i think he was outed before he was im not sure on that.

Posted

ah, that makes a lot more sense then.

correct me if wrong but she was in Zoey 101 too as a minor character? assuming that's what the blind item 13 talking about the two shows is possibly about.... that's awful. she was barely a teen starting zoey 101 (looking it up, 12 years old apparently) and victorious started when she was 16 or 17. her childhood must've been ruled by dan. jesus.

& i still see people mocking her all the time saying she was never talented to begin with and she must be so salty ariana is wildly successful while she has nothing and that she deserves nothing. its crazy. i dont particularly like her or anything but everyone absolutely hates her bcos that one "I think we all sing" video, which is dumb to begin with but even if you think shes a bad person or untalented it just seems unnecessarily cruel to be so rude when its pretty much confirmed she was horribly abused her entire childhood and that's a big reason her career is the way it is.

and you know, i feel like she specifically wouldn't be able to come out about this if she wanted to, because people would spin it into "shes just looking for attention because her careers dead unlike her peers". they really did screw her over.

The girl is really talented, whoever denies that are just hating lmao. She had a minor role in Zoey 101 and then a guest ep in iCarly. She has been getting some roles but the shows/movies dont do good at all.

Posted (edited)

the only thing that doesn't irk me about all the 4chan memes about him is that they do spread some form of awareness that he's a creep to others, but it's still a gross joke at the expense of victims. you hear "dan get in the van" and you're going to assume something is up with this guy.

and yes, of course there are a lot of people in power like him, but the fact that he held so much power over children is what disturbs me. like many producers who've been outed he took advantage of young kids, and of course other guys in the industry, including guys at nick and disney (such as the abovementioned company he keeps) are creeps too, and there's probably no weeding them out of the industry entirely, but it just breaks my heart that he's been so elevated in the industry, allowed to get away with it for so long.

and yes, there's that part of me that's sad because he produced a bunch of shows i watched as a child and have even rewatched in recent years, and while i saw more stuff awry, i at first thought he was just weird with the foot fetishism, until i looked deeper and deeper, and at behind the scenes clips, and the overall attitude of everyone on set... it rubbed me the wrong way. it honestly seems like a conspiracy to people who will insist "there's no concrete proof, you're just kinkshaming his foot fetish" or some other nonsense like that, but why would someone be so transparent about that on their shows produced for a mostly unaware child to teen demographic?  people kept saying it was a conspiracy for cosby, for weinstein, for others, to be rapists, but they ended up getting me too'd.

i was a childish/immature teen with a pretty lousy understanding of sex and not really aware of things like feet fetishes, so it only began to rub me the wrong way when i rewatched some of his stuff as an older teen-adult...

from what i hear the only reason dan is as protected as he is is due to his (once?) close relationship with the dying head of viacom and viacom is a megacorporation in itself who owns a monopoly over one of the big 3 kids networks, so they're probably riddled with creeps and money, but dan is the one who is probably the most i have heard about, and the fact that even Nick/Viacom let him go is awfully, awfully suspect.

the blameitonjorge video chalks this departure up to his shows declining in ratings, i would say that's more due to the advent of streaming if they're only counting live episode viewers on television portals... i'm sure there had to be another reason for his firing. he brought the network so much success with his live action tv shows that i cannot imagine they'd let him go over something trivial, so maybe someone was threatening to expose him who was even higher up or the higher ups had enough of him, especially when the head of viacom is a dying skeleton husk of a man. maybe he was done with dan's bullshit too.

i hope someone comes to light with something bigger than circumstantial evidence or anonymous testimonies. i know it's very, very hard to go up against someone with his kind of money and shielding, but if someone can out a powerful figure like weinstein, maybe with time... someone can do it to schneider.

The girl is really talented, whoever denies that are just hating lmao. She had a minor role in Zoey 101 and then a guest ep in iCarly. She has been getting some roles but the shows/movies dont do good at all.

i liked Victoria and Liz a lot, Liz hasn't had much success outside of the show either. she was in a show that i never got the chance to watch, haven't heard of her being in much else. the one who's prevailed the most has been ariana, who struggles with her mental health, i wonder if the fame is worth it for her.

on the topic of a miranda blind i think that the last blind could possibly be her or victoria because jennette landed a spot on sam and cat while miranda didnt, it's very ambiguous. the fact that she boycotted him at kids' choice awards alongside jennette is suspect. she had also been in schneider shows since drake and josh.

plus miranda is still somewhat in the industry so shhe wouldnt be blacklisted or dropped off, she's a voice actress for a few characters including one of the sisters from despicable me, which is a megamillion dollar franchise. i found another blind that could be about her.

I grew up watching most of his shows (Kenan and Kel, All that, The Amanda Show, didn't really check out his later shows Zoey 101, I carly , Victorious) and i never even notice  the overt sexual nature in them mostly due to the fact that i was still a child at the time. But now that im older yeah i see it now. 

There were alot of Feet jokes especially in The Amanda Show and some of the female skits of All That.

Its kinda fucked up too because knowing how much damage he did to all those child stars he hired it kinda makes it hard to look at those shows  in the same light now knowing whats we know about him.

im surprise he wasn't outed when John K was though i think he was outed before he was im not sure on that.

the john k story disturbed me, i had no idea he'd done that until i stumbled across the article by accident. the creator of cartoon show the loud house was fired for sexual harassment too. i dont know what the fuck it is about nick but they can't seem to keep it in their pants when it comes to controversy, sexual or otherwise. the butch hartman scandal, though post nick, doesn't even paint more seemingly non sexually perverse staff members in too great a light- if it's not one thing, it's another, if it's not sexual harassment, it's scamming.

maybe disney is quiet a f about their controversies or has a lot more hush money because you hear a lot less about scandals from them than nick, or hell, even cartoon network, or they treat their actors with dignity, although probably not, looking at demi lovato's time on disney shows where she did coke.

Edited by notthebees

Posted

I heard he forced males to be sexual with him as well, is this true?

Posted

I heard he forced males to be sexual with him as well, is this true?

Them too? Thats why Avan's character was so sexualized in Victorious and that other guy in iCarly always had his shirt off?

Posted

eww, when i was a kid i didn't understand any of these jokes , I just thought "uhm why are they doing this weird thing?" but it all makes sense now 

Posted

Them too? Thats why Avan's character was so sexualized in Victorious and that other guy in iCarly always had his shirt off?

I think so