• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic thread #2

8411 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

They're usually teenagers; around 14 to 15 imo, who are easily influenced and manipulated. Eventually they too will realize that Margo isn't the concerned and worried mother that she's making herself out to be. The majority of her supporters can't grasp the concept that a mother can be toxic current in someone's life. That's why it's often pointless to discuss anything with Margo's sheep because they're probably still in 7-8th grade.
Edit: this also applies to the petty comments from anti-Margo people. Their behaviour is definitely that of a teenager.

I can offer an additonal explanation: People seek attention of "worthy" other people, who might have fame or influence and whatnot. It may appear redeeming to bathe in the light of others and get a positive reaction - or any reaction at all - by someone who is "famous". Venus is a "star" who is not "tangible". While she does claim her fans are her greatest reward for what she does etc., you will seldomly see her react to something in the comment section, for example. Margaret on the other hand is very active and very open to discussing things with commenters, be it positive or negative. At one point she even had some sort of "secret" chat group for Margo-supportive followers, if I remember correctly. 

Some of the Margo supporters might actually "know better", but still stick around because they want to take part in something "bigger", because they want to troll the Venus supporters or because they feel like they would get access to secret information by gaining Margo's trust.

But sure, the majority of her boot lickers probably consists of confused and naive teens. 

Edited by GrumpyCat

Posted

Just being OT and leaving this here, don't mind me.

5016adfd86e4a7c40ede2760e54dc2c0.png

Posted

Are we never going to hear from Venus again...? It's been a while. 

Posted

I actually hope we won't. It is not as if the world will be missing on a very entertaining person, awesome recipes or any other worthy online content. Her disappearance from the Internet might a great thing for both her and her fans. She will now be able to focus on her own life, and maybe stop relying on the Internet and her video-camera to make sense of it. She could start thinking about other interests she might have, spend some alone time to figure out herself and probably grow as a person. Her fans would most likely slowly drift away from the whole "living doll" trend and stop feeling bad because they don't look as thin as he no matter how many hot yogurt they eat, nor are they living in Japan.

I don't want to be harsh or mean, but I really hope this means the end of Venus Angelic. I'd be happy if she returns as Venus Palermo -or whatever other more authentic persona she can manage to create- but not as baby-candy-eating Venus Angelic. Perhaps Margo's doing was the best that could happen to Venus, and she has just realize this and decided to simply say "boo-bye-bye-boo" forever. No explanation, no good-byes, no fans insisting that she doesn't quit...her mother will take all the blame, and she is off the hook.

After all, it is not as if she needs her you tube channel for economic reasons. I am pretty sure Manaki was the one actually paying for the apartment and food, while Venus used her money to buy things for her channel (computer, camera, products to review, etc.). At the most, it must have been terrible to have your life-long project destroyed. But as she has probably figured out by now, life can be unpredictable and you can always start a new project, this time better than the last one.

Posted

I am actually wondering if she is unable to post to Instagram? I may be incorrect with my assumption, but did Margo take over all of her accounts? Or just get her channel temporarily taken down? I hope that if she is able to post, that she posts when she feels she is ready. 

Posted

I actually hope we won't. It is not as if the world will be missing on a very entertaining person, awesome recipes or any other worthy online content. Her disappearance from the Internet might a great thing for both her and her fans. She will now be able to focus on her own life, and maybe stop relying on the Internet and her video-camera to make sense of it. She could start thinking about other interests she might have, spend some alone time to figure out herself and probably grow as a person. Her fans would most likely slowly drift away from the whole "living doll" trend and stop feeling bad because they don't look as thin as he no matter how many hot yogurt they eat, nor are they living in Japan.

I don't want to be harsh or mean, but I really hope this means the end of Venus Angelic. I'd be happy if she returns as Venus Palermo -or whatever other more authentic persona she can manage to create- but not as baby-candy-eating Venus Angelic. Perhaps Margo's doing was the best that could happen to Venus, and she has just realize this and decided to simply say "boo-bye-bye-boo" forever. No explanation, no good-byes, no fans insisting that she doesn't quit...her mother will take all the blame, and she is off the hook.

After all, it is not as if she needs her you tube channel for economic reasons. I am pretty sure Manaki was the one actually paying for the apartment and food, while Venus used her money to buy things for her channel (computer, camera, products to review, etc.). At the most, it must have been terrible to have your life-long project destroyed. But as she has probably figured out by now, life can be unpredictable and you can always start a new project, this time better than the last one.

Well said. I did think that her videos after moving in with Manaki showed more of her actual personality and were a bit more relatable. As sudden as her disappearance was, it would be nice to see some sort of closure from her or as you said, a new channel about maybe vlogging and less cutesy things. I just hope for the best for her so that she can grow up normally and enjoy her own life. I also hope that Margaret will also stop sharing her personal life and opinions about Venus to the public so that we can all move on. 

Posted

Just throwing this out there: say Venus and Manaki contacted a lawyer for Margo's behaviour, their absence off social networks might have to do with that. Some lawyers recommend that their clients stay away from the public eye until things are worked out. 

If this is not the case, I'm glad Venus is staying away from her social accounts. That way Margo won't stalk and harass her the second she pops up. As we can clearly tell, Marge is obsessed with Venus.

Posted

They're usually teenagers; around 14 to 15 imo, who are easily influenced and manipulated. Eventually they too will realize that Margo isn't the concerned and worried mother that she's making herself out to be. The majority of her supporters can't grasp the concept that a mother can be toxic current in someone's life. That's why it's often pointless to discuss anything with Margo's sheep because they're probably still in 7-8th grade.
Edit: this also applies to the petty comments from anti-Margo people. Their behaviour is definitely that of a teenager.

Yeah, but what's more shocking is that among those Supporters we can find even other Mothers!! And they're not teenagers.. that is the bad thing. I'm sorry for their childs 

Posted

Just throwing this out here, but Venus has only been away from SNS for about a week or so. I'd start to think she might not come back if she hasn't posted anything in, say, 2 months.

Posted (edited)

So... she posted! But... just something random with no mention of what's going on and acting like nothing happened? That's... interesting...

IMG_1208.jpg

Edited by Biscuit
typo

Posted

Venus just posted something on her instagram.

Posted

So... she posted! But... just something random with no mention of what's going on and acting like nothing happened? That's... interesting...

IMG_1208.jpg

She sounds like she's trying to be happy?...

Posted

She sounds like she's trying to be happy?...

That's all well and dandy, I'm just pointing out that that she's always made some comment whenever something big was brought against her by her mother... it is unlike her to not allude to the situation even a little bit at all hence why it's interesting.

Posted (edited)

4c591ac16cfb5eb63ff4e82b61a55d97.png

fuck you margo

Edited by bianca8

Posted (edited)

Oh never mind she just posted again and mentioned it

image.png

EDIT: woops someone beat me to it.

Edited by Biscuit