• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic thread #2

8411 posts in this topic

Posted

No need to be sorry. Your intention was good, but instead of showing your support to Venus in Margo's ig, go and show your support in Venus instagram. I'm sure that she would appreciate it more.

That's right! More positivity, less negativity is the way to go. If Margo stops getting comments this will end faster.

Posted

Not sure if someone posted this yet. I'm not caught up at the moment

But I found this on tumblr.

Screenshot_20160408-233537.png

Posted

Not sure if someone posted this yet. I'm not caught up at the moment

But I found this on tumblr.

Screenshot_20160408-233537.png

Is it a stupid question to ask what she means by silver button power? Also who's this beckii person anyway?

Posted

She edited it. 

2016-04-08_13-50-37.png

I didn't think about the fact that she would blame Venus. Sorry about that. 

:alpacacrush: No need to apologize and I didn't mean to sound like I was scolding you, So I'm sorry if I came off a bit harsh :alpacacrush:

Is it possible that Margo is stealing images of places and just claiming she went there ? Like how is she affording all of this ? 

@Kelli3  Thats a reward you get from youtube for hitting 1 mil subs ... Sadly I don't think Venus had her account in the mils long enough to even receive the "silverButton" 

Youtube-silver-button.png

Posted

She edited it. 

2016-04-08_13-50-37.png

I didn't think about the fact that she would blame Venus. Sorry about that. 

She was all about insulting and blaming Venus for everything two days ago, saying that "She did this to herself". Now she's blaming Manaki, trying to make it look like Venus and her are the victims. What is she expecting? To have her poor daughter running to her arms again? And put up the act of the poor "broken, bullied and isolated" mom that sweetly forgives her child and saves her from the horrible man who brainwashed her and was "using her to become a YouTuber", and got "a hard one" watching her eat? Poor Venus! She should totally run away from that terrible man and go back to her mom's arms, she was waaaaay better being Margo's puppet, isolated from the whole outside world, having no identity or personality as an individual. How can she be so blind!

Margaret, stop your bullshit. It's getting ridiculous.

This girl has a very "kawaii" name, and her english is very similar to Margo's. Her profile is private and she has no posts whatsoever, and only two followers. It reminds me of Kanadajin3's sockpuppets...image.thumb.png.8d8a767a2a485425d8404eebimage.thumb.png.12ca57a5b1f0a3b28f1e2fac

Posted (edited)

@Kelli3  Thats a reward you get from youtube for hitting 1 mil subs ... Sadly I don't think Venus had her account in the mils long enough to even receive the "silverButton" 

Youtube-silver-button.png

Thank you, oh yeah i forgot YouTubers got this, thing is when she hit 1 million wasn't she in Korea with no fixed abode, it was most likely anyway that they wouldn't have really known where to send it, i don't get what that girl meant though by using it, do you have special privileges with it? Or did that girl just think that girl could help because she had over a million subs? It would be nice though if well known YouTubers could help her in some way, like making a video, if they made a video and it got alot of Views YouTube themselves might notice it and look into it themselves, if Venus is doing something to get her channel back it might speed up the process if well know YouTubers make videos about this.

Edited by kelli3
Reply got mixed up with quote

Posted

Thank you, oh yeah i forgot YouTubers got this, thing is when she hit 1 million wasn't she in Korea with no fixed abode, it was most likely anyway that they wouldn't have really known where to send it, i don't get what that girl meant though by using it, do you have special privileges with it? Or did that girl just think that girl could help because she had over a million subs? It would be nice though if well known YouTubers could help her in some way, like making a video, if they made a video and it got alot of Views YouTube themselves might notice it and look into it themselves, if Venus is doing something to get her channel back it might speed up the process if well know YouTubers make videos about this.

I believe I got it wrong and  silver was for 100k marks ? But she should be receiving one for the one mil that is gold. I don't know they have any privileges to them though. I think that anonymous was simply just asking if they do,but I truly feel its just an award and nothing else. To be honest I don't even know if you just get sent one or have to send them a form asking for one as I've never seen Margo or Venus post about it. ( We all know how Margo likes to brag ) I haven't seen Taylor talk about having one either so who really knows ... 

Posted

I believe I got it wrong and  silver was for 100k marks ? But she should be receiving one for the one mil that is gold. I don't know they have any privileges to them though. I think that anonymous was simply just asking if they do,but I truly feel its just an award and nothing else. To be honest I don't even know if you just get sent one or have to send them a form asking for one as I've never seen Margo or Venus post about it. ( We all know how Margo likes to brag ) I haven't seen Taylor talk about having one either so who really knows ... 

Oh yeah your right it is gold, they may send them out to YouTubers who have a fixed address, i'm guessing YouTube must have their partners details and as we know it's been a long time since Venus/Margo ever had a permanent address, i can't imagine moving like that all the time, i mean yeah it's nice to see different places but i lived somewhere all my childhood and when i moved/new area/new house, i was kinda scared so i can't imagine moving to a different country/ies like they have! Yeah Margo's like all those girls who can't keep a secret, nothing safe around her, i bet all her friends wouldn't dare ever tell her something important as she'd probably tell everyone, it's no surprise Venus isn't talking to her, she'd probably post any convo on Instagram for all to see!

Posted

I feel sooooo bad for Venus. I used to watch her and then that whole drama with Xiaorishu and Kimonotime happened (who I also love, so obviously I took that side). And then I watched her again more recently when Manaki came around and it's so obvious it was her mother pulling the strings, in interviews she'd answer all the questions and Venus would often look to her mother for approval of her answers it breaks my heart. Now her channel is removed this is ridiculous. Margo needs to grow up or at least focus back on her lotte fits days.

Venus honestly seemed to be getting happier and more real befor her channel went under.

Posted

Yeah everyone should just not talk to Margs. She put a photo of her daughter in bed with someone else on IG, took away Venus' livelihood, and posted that GOD AWFUL nude photo- clearly the women is unreasonable. I doubt there's anything we could do to change her mind.

I don't know about you guys but I just wanna know where Venus is at.   

Posted (edited)

Everyone should just ignore that Margo exists. She's loving the attention -- good and bad. To actually show that no one cares about her deranged idea of justice, the sooner she's pushed into the background. Meaning, the quicker her foul presence will fade. This woman needs professional help. You'd have better luck talking to a rock than this woman.

Edited by Twenty

Posted

Everyone should just ignore that Margo exists. She's loving the attention -- good and bad. To actually show that no one cares about her deranged idea of justice, the sooner she's pushed into the background. Meaning, the quicker her foul presence will fade. This woman needs professional help. You'd have better luck talking to a rock than this woman.

If this advice is to be followed, I recommend that people take the attention they would have given Margo and use it to encourage Venus. Otherwise the latter might take it as, her supporters (in the war against her mother, not necessarily of her videos) no longer care, but her mother's still do. She might feel abandoned in a case like that. 

Posted

There's a lot of talk about copyright infringement here due to Margaret's copyright claims on Venus' channel, so here's two videos of interest from a U.S. lawyer about copyright claims and fair use. He usually talks about specific cases rather than in general legal situations, however I'll time-stamp the places of important, i.e. where he talks about copyright infringement laws in the United States.

Why am I talking about copyright infringement laws in the United States when we are talking about a case in which all participants in said copyright infringement claims are not from the U.S. in any shape or form? Well, here's an excerpt from Google's most recent terms and conditions, in which everyone who uses their services, including YouTube, must agree to in order to use these services. Terms and conditions of Google and all websites under its boot can be found here.

"We respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement and terminate accounts of repeat infringers according to the process set out in the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act."

From what I gather from this statement, all copyright claims made within the YouTube content ID system must adhere to the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCAs), regardless of where the copyright is being made and regardless of the nationality or citizenship of said claimer. I'm guessing that if the case goes to court, it'll most likely be held under the legal system of the country in which the case is being held, in which, I must confess, I don't know what determines the locale of international court cases, especially in one so domestic (i.e. these aren't big international companies in feud, this is between a mother and daughter who have different visas and citizenship to each other). 

Videos below:

This video in general is about The Fine Brothers attempting to trademark the word "REACT". Overall an interesting case to listen to, however general statements about DMCAs, copyright infringement and fair use can be found between 7:25-9:00.

A video that discusses the #WTFU online phenomena, however talks a lot about fair use, in general, on YouTube rather than the #WTFU movement itself. This video is interesting because it discusses the Lenz versus Universal Music lawsuit, in which Universal Studios sued Lenz on a video of a dancing baby because Prince's song "Let's Go Crazy" can be heard in the background. The lawsuit was won in Lenz's favour because it was decided that the main draw of the video was not Prince's music but, rather, the baby itself. Although he later states in another video, that goes into the case in more detail than here, that this case alone won't make a lot of change with lawsuits concerning online videos and copyright claims overnight, it is, regardless, interesting to note, especially in this case where Margaret claims that she has had a hand in most of Venus' videos, where Venus was the main draw of said videos (unless Margaret can prove otherwise I suppose).

Would like to note that I have very little knowledge on legal stuff and what not, in general, but I have an interest on the subject, in concern with YouTube videos. Not an expert or anything, nor am I implying that Venus' silence = lawsuit or whatnot. I posted these videos mainly because they highlight moreso Margaret's potential role in these copyright claims. In YouTube/Google's eyes, Margaret should have made those claims in the right frame of mind, with a lot of research and they expect those who copyright claim to follow their own motto when it comes to these sort of things: "don't be evil".

I have no idea if Margaret's claims will go through or not, for it seems like Venus has a lot of ground to push the claims back, especially since Margaret isn't a big company that can pressure others easily (i.e. the only pressure Venus has to deal with is the pressure from her mother, in which I'm sure her network and even Manaki can deal with easily, even if Venus cannot). But there can be consequences to her actions. She cannot copyright claim because her daughter is a "bully". And it is sounding more-and-more like that simply having a role in the production of the video means very little, unless Margaret added anything tangible that could be copyrighted within the video (e.g. copyrighted music or graphics done by her, herself that added value or draw to the videos).

Also, if Venus hacked into Margaret's account, she wouldn't be getting copyright claims as a result. Copyright claims have to be claimed by someone, it is not a consequence of you hacking into another's account. And I don't see any grounds for Fullscreen copyright claiming Venus' videos on the basis that she hacked into Margaret's account alone; I can't even think of a case where a network copyright claimed videos of a content creator that left their network, if such was the case. It's something that doesn't happen. Why would Fullscreen attack Venus? Because she apparently hacked into Margaret's account? If Venus extracted confidential stuff from Margaret's channel/account, even, Fullscreen wouldn't copyright claim Venus; they'd more likely sue her than anything else.

I don't know, really. Just wanted to get out there; Margaret will have to eat her own bullshit one day and I hope she feels the consequences of her actions here. There is no room for a deluded old woman when it comes to financial business online. Maybe that'll be a better wake-up call than calling her out online; she can pretend to be victimized to online comments, but it's hard to do the same with a large company looming over you.

Posted

It's very likely that Margaret has a mental disorder and cannot see herself as responsible for all the damage she has done no matter what we tell her. Even if we spam her she will likely complain that Venus are tricking her fans into coming after her and that would just add fuel to the fire. The best thing we could do now is to send Venus positive messages and maybe a few suggestions for her new videos once she gets a new channel. She doesn't seem to have any close support other than Manaki so if you want to reach out to her now would be the best time to do it. 

Posted (edited)

It's very likely that Margaret has a mental disorder and cannot see herself as responsible for all the damage she has done no matter what we tell her. Even if we spam her she will likely complain that Venus are tricking her fans into coming after her and that would just add fuel to the fire. The best thing we could do now is to send Venus positive messages and maybe a few suggestions for her new videos once she gets a new channel. She doesn't seem to have any close support other than Manaki so if you want to reach out to her now would be the best time to do it. 

I just wish Venus could post something on social media to let us know she is doing well. I know it's probably better for her to remain quiet though, so her mother doesn't know what's going on while she's filing paperwork and working on getting her channel back. I just hope she can stay hidden before Margo sinks her evil claws and finds her in Japan. Personally for me, I just really want Margo to leave Japan. That crazy old bat doesn't deserve to stalk her daughter and ruin her career. If Venus does make a new channel, I think it'd be nice if she could make some more friends outside of her husband and possibly collaborate with some other J-bloggers like Kim Dao or Sharla. It'd also be nice if Manaki and Venus got a marriage ceremony after all this crazy drama is over. Stay strong Venus! :alpacacrush:

Let's not boost Margo's ego anymore. Don't comment on her Instagram or YouTube and let her see how few people care about her. In her twisted psyche, she thinks she's so important regardless of negative or positive comments.

"Venus-chan IS a bully, desu, now I'm the new living doll!" ~Margo 

Edited by lucy_serendipity
Remove self-diagnosis, sorry :(