• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Venus Angelic thread #2

8411 posts in this topic

Posted

All the dirt has come out on Margo. I was kind of surprised to see the video that Venus posted but I am glad she did so. She is being really brave and strong and finally taking a stand for herself, and what she wants her Youtube to be. Now I just wonder if Margo will make a response video or post about what Venus said. Stay strong Venus. :lamaheadshake:

Posted

Am I the only one who doesn't think her relationship with manaki seems fake/forced?

We don't know if they are dating or married, but I don't think it would matter either way. Yes getting married at 18/19 is uncommon, but it's not impossible/something that never happens. Yes he might be the first person she has ever dated, but it's not that rare to marry the first person you have ever dated. I actually know quite a few people who ended up marrying their first bf/gf and they are perfectly fine and happy. Just because something is uncommon doesn't mean it's impossible or fake. For all we know maybe they did fall in love at first sight? It's their relationship so unless she feels like sharing it with us it's none of our business I guess.

The only thing I found strange was the 5-6 yr age gap? Though if they love each other age is just a number I guess.

Posted

:alpacacrush: I'm so proud of Venus, she's come such a long way since I've known of her. Cheers to a much more natural Venus! 

Posted

i think the drawing my life video will be quite fun. i mean..sad but fun to do? if that makes sense

margo has been very quiet...i keep wondering what she can say now...

@doge omg stahp taking my reputation :stoplz:

Posted

Am I the only one who doesn't think her relationship with manaki seems fake/forced?

We don't know if they are dating or married, but I don't think it would matter either way. Yes getting married at 18/19 is uncommon, but it's not impossible/something that never happens. Yes he might be the first person she has ever dated, but it's not that rare to marry the first person you have ever dated. I actually know quite a few people who ended up marrying their first bf/gf and they are perfectly fine and happy. Just because something is uncommon doesn't mean it's impossible or fake. For all we know maybe they did fall in love at first sight? It's their relationship so unless she feels like sharing it with us it's none of our business I guess.

The only thing I found strange was the 5-6 yr age gap? Though if they love each other age is just a number I guess.

The 5-6 year age gap isn't a problem from where I am from. In fact, there is a rule called half-your-age-plus seven. You subtract seven from your age and then times it by two to find out the oldest (and still appropriate age) you can date. For Venus, (since she is 19) that would be 24 years of age. Also, it is really good to date someone older than you (in my opinion). The mid-twenties is when the brain (prefrontal cortex more specifically) reaches full development, responsibility, conscientious and maturity.

Posted (edited)

Edited by mispeled

Posted

I just want to say, re: concerns that the forum is being fickle and turning into Venus's fans all of a sudden...

It seems to me that plenty of people here have had experience in the past with mental illness and/or being someone's emotional or physical punching bag and/or abuse of any degree. So it seems natural to me that many people are supportive of Venus.

Being supportive, voicing respect and pride, generally sharing opinions and feelings that are beneficial or even affectionate towards Venus... this does not mean people are fickle or hypocritical as - and please excuse me for saying so - people seem to be implying. 

The thing is, people are realizing that a great deal of Venus's problematic, snowflake-like behavior is actually her mother's doing. Some people were quite harsh to her in the past, and I admit I was one of them. I think some of us feel guilty. That's natural.

Because of it, we're eager to see Venus as someone worthy of new respect, new consideration. We don't know who she is right now, but we clearly know now that the kid from even a month ago wasn't her.

We're judging her ('we' being myself and plenty of others here) based on what we can confidently assume is the actual Venus. What have we seen, then? We saw her run from abuse, stay strong in the face of it, act with grace and maturity as her mom went apeshit and the internet went into lynch mode, and post at least two very open videos explaining things. Not to mention, she's interacting with fans more, changing styles into something she likes (that people here have wanted her to do for a long time), and posting pictures of things that aren't food.

So yes. She still edits herself too much.

So what?

You know, a few years ago, I discovered circle lenses. I wore them constantly. Not just because people thought they were pretty, but because I had self-esteem lower than Satan's saggy ballsack and they functioned like a mask - my real eyes were hidden, I could... I don't know how to phrase this. I could pretend that people weren't looking at me, but at just my eyes. It let me hide. It let me put myself out there at the same time. I don't wear them anymore because I don't want to hide so much anymore, but I think maybe that's the same principle Venus is working with when she edits.

The girl's been out of her egg donor's claws for not even a month. I say give her a break. Let her get her bearings, figure shit out, recover from the emotional onslaught she's been taking.

I write this because when I read some of the messages being posted here, I think of schoolkids getting miffed that something that was popular to hate on suddenly is gaining more respectability. So they call others fakes and sellouts, even just in implication, and the others hurry to reassure themselves and everyone else that they're still cool.

There's no need to measure our integrity penises (penii?) against each other's. 

I don't know if I'm making sense, and I want to be clear in that I'm not calling anyone out.

It's just my opinion. 

Finally. Someone says it *hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah ♪* 

Yeah, wasn't it fun to pick on the weabooish pitched voice not so angelic, not so innocent, scammer who edits herself so much it's not even her anymore? Yeah, it was fun. I even went to lolcow first? 

Fine. It was fun. But it turns out it wasn't her.  

Then be logical and go criticize the one responsible of it. Margo. Don't be that edgy kid on the playground?  Aren't we all mature enough? 

Honestly, if I wanted to go hate her I'd have stayed at lolcow . If that's what you want, go there. 

Sure, I like drama but I also enjoy seeing all sides of it and be able to choose what to believe instead of pure meaningless hate. 

And no, I'm not calling out anyone specifically, but I thought this site was at least a bit more objective and logical rather than just pure hate. 

Posted

Oh my god, woman. Just stop talking.

tumblr_o2f2i0napY1sijmlmo1_400.png

I still can't fathom why people white-knight Margaret. There's evidence of her manipulation and abuse, it's just ridiculous at this point

Also, if Venus blocked you, how are you able to comment on her picture?

she keeps saying "she left me homeless" GOD WOMAN YOU ARE LIKE 40 she is not your mother she is your daughter, she dont need to take care of you at all, margo you cant do ANYTHING alone or what?

Posted

That IG picture doesn't look shopped at all to me, but I'm so horrible at noticing that kind of thing unless it's REALLY OBVIOUS. Can anyone else tell?

tmp_22324-Screenshot_2016-02-11-20-39-15-1-1330752350.png

She has made her eyes larger in this, you can tell esp. on the left eye. But it is considerably less shooped then the others.

Posted

That IG picture doesn't look shopped at all to me, but I'm so horrible at noticing that kind of thing unless it's REALLY OBVIOUS. Can anyone else tell?

She has made her eyes larger in this, you can tell esp. on the left eye. But it is considerably less shooped then the others.

yeah her left iris is more oval in shape. Eyeballs and irises are roundddd... unless you have nearsightedness/farsightedness. In that case, they turn into squished/stretched ovals. ._.

But that is only from the side, not the front.

Posted (edited)

The 5-6 year age gap isn't a problem from where I am from. In fact, there is a rule called half-your-age-plus seven. You subtract seven from your age and then times it by two to find out the oldest (and still appropriate age) you can date. For Venus, (since she is 19) that would be 24 years of age. Also, it is really good to date someone older than you (in my opinion). The mid-twenties is when the brain (prefrontal cortex more specifically) reaches full development, responsibility, conscientious and maturity.

Yeah that much of an age gap really isn't that uncommon! I myself am actually in a relationship with someone who is 10-11 years older than me, and my partner's brother is in a relationship with roughly the same age gap. It's not for everyone though, and depending on the age both the people are it can be weird. Like if one is 12 and the other is 18. THAT is when it's not cool.

Even though it's not that much of an age gap I hope he won't have this whole "I'm older and more mature and know more" attitude about him and try to control Venus.

Edited by Aileen On'Tables

Posted

yeah her left iris is more oval in shape. Eyeballs and irises are roundddd... unless you have nearsightedness/farsightedness. In that case, they turn into squished/stretched ovals. ._.

She's also wearing circle lenses, sometimes they can kind of distort the eye shape too. It could be a mix of those and eye enlarging app  ̄\_(ツ )_/ ̄ 

homeless homeless homeless 

come on man you are old enough to turn on your brain and think for yourself margo 

she's not even homeless either! She has plenty of places she can go. She's just staying in Japan for the drama/ attention and to keep Venus feeling scared and guilty 

Posted

Jesus Christ.  I was tearing up by the end of the video.    All I want to do is give Venus a hug.  Her situation with Margo was really fucked up.  I can't believe she had to rely on that piece of trash of a mother for so long.  I can't imagine myself in her shoes.  Seeing the person you relied the most  constantly threatening you and writing awful things about you on your birthday.  That is just too heartbreaking.  She seems very traumatized(can you blame her though?) to even speak of certain things.  I hope she can get professional help someday.  But I'm glad she's staying safe with Manaki.  I'm really glad to see he's taking good care of her and helped her out of this situation.  I wish nothing but the best for them.  

And for Margo, seriosly A Hungarian prostitude? Throwing knives and threatening your own daughter?! I can't even with this woman.  I hope she leaves Venus alone and seeks for professional help.  Because she is plain crazy. 

Posted

She's also wearing circle lenses, sometimes they can kind of distort the eye shape too. It could be a mix of those and eye enlarging app  ̄\_(ツ )_/ ̄ 

homeless homeless homeless 

come on man you are old enough to turn on your brain and think for yourself margo 

she's not even homeless either! She has plenty of places she can go. She's just staying in Japan for the drama/ attention and to keep Venus feeling scared and guilty 

Exactly, she should just go back to Korea and go to school. There are so many places to stay like goshitels/goshiwons. The prices are cheap too. This woman honestly does not think outside the box ugh. She should honestly stop feeling sorry for herself and start taking care of herself. People like her frustrate me so much.