• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

How to get clear skin: tip #1

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey girlies! :hoplz:

I know the struggle of scrolling through the internet in frustration, looking for a quick- almost overnight- way to clear up that skin! But don't worry, because I have a few tricks up my sleeve that might help. We'll start with the most realistic, non-clickbait thing you'll hear- it doesn't happen overnight! I'm telling you this as a person who has tried both home remedies and expensive Lancôme products :rageplz:...  It's hard at first- but know general acne is a part of growing up and shouldn't be tried to be removed immediately, my best bet- it'll be gone by college! Any-who; drinking water is a HUGE part of taking care of your skin; and I know it sounds suss but I cannot stress this enough.

A good tip of drinking more water is eating dense but low in calories foods while drinking it, like a really fudge-y nougat or raisins! This way you'll have no choice but to drink a lot of water, also- controlling the temperature, texture or flavor of water may help. Add a lemon or two or a strawberry, add a sodium pellet to give it some fizz, or chill it overnight for a cool refresher. Either way, just know water can be fun- and if you're a simple girl like me; don't worry just remember to have water handy, I know getting up for a cup can be tiring for us 'lazies'.

Have a great week! Tell me how your day went below and I'll be sure to reply!! :x

Leave me a nice comment !! :alpacacrush:

Posted

Hi India, thanks for sharing this! I am already drinking a lot of water, but I am still getting acne :(. I tried many natural and home remedies, but it did not clear up. I think it's better for me to see a dermatologist :(.

Posted (edited)

thanks for sharing this trick to drinking more water :) though i agree if you have really bad acne you should see a professional. they may even recommend a different type of birth control (if youre already on one) that will better control your breakouts.

edit: also a huge plus to being recommended a different birth control is that the ones that are better suited for acne control also have a molecule in them that reduce natural hair loss. a.k.a you keep more hair on your head, and scalp visibility goes down.

Edited by osmone

Posted

agreed!! water is a must. also if you are having acne flare ups..try reducing or eliminating carbs and sugar from your diet. this was suggested to me by my dermatologist and my skin is the best it has ever been!  obviously, if you have underlying health conditions pls consult w your doc before changing up your diet.

Posted

For acne you can also try a honey and cinnamon mask, if your skin is sensitive dont leave it more than 10mins and use a little cinnamon.

Posted

yeah this sounds like advice from someone with naturally good skin, esp if you assume everyones acne will be gone by college lol

also cinnamon is irritating i wouldn't suggest putting on your face, use honey and turmeric instead

Posted

I think diet is the cause of a lot of people's stubborn acne. Most people consume gluten and dairy which are the #1 causes of inflammation in the body (acne = inflammation). Also sugar. Completely eliminating gluten and dairy (only reducing it isn't going to work, it has to be completely cut out of your diet) and reducing as much sugar as possible (including fruits) is what worked for me. I went from having a face covered in acne ever since I was a kid to model, filtered-looking skin. Make sure you give it a few months because the inflammation that's already in your body isn't going to go away overnight :) don't feel discouraged if you still have acne in a week! It takes a while for the body to heal the damage done to it. 

It's important to drink water to keep your skin healthy and hydrated but if you're eating processed food, bread, dairy products, etc. drinking more water won't fix your skin. Just like you can't out-exercise a poor diet, you can't out-drink a poor diet for improved skin.

I don't really believe in skin products to FIX your acne unless the issue is bacterial. If you have acne, your body is telling you that there's something wrong in your body that needs to be fixed and a face mask isn't going to solve the root problem. I would treat face masks as a more supplementary way of boosting your skin health rather than fixing your skin. Hope that helps! 

Posted

What's y'all secret with sugar and other things??

I don't eat sugary think, don't eat/drink dairy things, moisturize my skin everyday, wash my face, don't touch my face, eat super healthy and do sports,... And still have the acne nerd cliche face :alpacaworry:

It's like my acne turned into a condition I can't treat anymore, even with Accutane ... 

Posted

I don't eat sugary think, don't eat/drink dairy things, moisturize my skin everyday, wash my face, don't touch my face, eat super healthy and do sports,... And still have the acne nerd cliche face :alpacaworry:

It's like my acne turned into a condition I can't treat anymore, even with Accutane ... 

if you're on accutane, i'd just stick with whatever your derm recommends. i don't think acne that serious will be cleared up by drinking lots of water (lol) best of luck though, and remember you're valuable as a person no matter what your skin looks like

Posted

Try raw African Black Soap, witch hazel, raw African shea butter, and rose water :alpacaheadshake:

Your skin will thank you.

Posted

I use the alep soap and it works pretty well too. I always have acne around mouth, which I guess mean hormonal things and I can't really do thing. This kind of acne seems to be hard to treat, I cross many Instagram accounts about acne, and many boys and girls say that even with many treatments, we are not sure it would totally disappear... We just have to live with it tho

if you're on accutane, i'd just stick with whatever your derm recommends. i don't think acne that serious will be cleared up by drinking lots of water (lol) best of luck though, and remember you're valuable as a person no matter what your skin looks like

Thanks <3 

My boyfriend don't care and tell me every time that I'm beautiful. I have a lot of friends who doesn't really mind about it. It's just really personal, I'm tired to looks like a teen, showing my cards every time I buy alcohol, go in the club,... Even some young teens try to get my phone number and I'm like "Do you know I can go to jail if I have something with you bro?" lol

I have more scars on my face to be honest, I look like a human dalmatian with these spots on my face :/

Posted

I have one tip that's worked for some people before - stop washing your face too often.  When you wash it you are also washing off the essential oils from your face. 

Posted

I wish people would stop pretending drinking water is the solution to absolutely everything. Acne is a legitimate skin disease, often it needs medical intervention to be cleared up. If proper hygiene and a healthy diet/lifestyle isn't doing it for you, go see a dermatologist.

Posted (edited)

What works for me: a face peeling which I am using in combination with one of these brushes for your face! I don‘t use any cremes, lotions, whatever on my face since I hate the feeling of this stuff - just feels like I plugg my pores immediately after clearing them :alpacaworry2:

Edited by Gandy
Unnecessary question

Posted

something that really helped me w acne was a solution called "zineryt" which comes with a liquid and some kind of powder, you mix them and apply it to your face (only where you have acne) twice a day. not sure if it has a different name in other countries but it's vvvv helpful, my acne got so much better in the span of a week. 

another thing i'd suggest, don't pop your pimples and blackheads bc that can lead to infections and also make your pores really big. leave your pimples alone and use strips or charcoal mask for blackheads. i avoid using clay masks, any type of scrub or physical exfoliant bc it makes my skin break out immediately, which may not be the case for u but take it into consideration !!