• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

oddlittlevvitch (Serena Lin)

1766 posts in this topic

Posted

GUYS I am speechless. As soon as kanami/riceball tweeted the photos of the soaps she made on the 16th I knew it was only a matter of time before Serena decided to make soap, and it looks like she’s on her way. Serena, once you make and post pictures of your soap, don’t you DARE make vague instastories/tweets about riceball ‘copying’ you.

Sidenote: I don’t have a problem being inspired from others. It’s only when you act like you’re original and then have the AUDACITY to accuse others of ‘copying’ that I find extremely immature. 

4AE4B35D-615F-40CA-86D5-804AD591B962.jpeg

9E52B619-43D5-49FC-93D0-1BAAA7AD36A0.jpeg

D8BDCA01-68B6-4D4E-B4DE-FA5A50E64177.png

There is a stark difference in the two color schemes. Top one is moody, yet colorful enough to be visually interesting without giving the feeling of peppiness. The green and the red wax seal are especially intense in this filter. The bottom photo looks like a depression post; everything is dull and lacking in color.

Posted (edited)

There is a stark difference in the two color schemes. Top one is moody, yet colorful enough to be visually interesting without giving the feeling of peppiness. The green and the red wax seal are especially intense in this filter. The bottom photo looks like a depression post; everything is dull and lacking in color.

My screenshots weren’t to show that Serena is copying the photos, but the hobby of soapmaking itself. She wrote in the instastory that she might start making soaps and I wanted to put receipts here that riceball did it first before Serena tried to subtweet about people copying her.

Edited by Soapie
Apologies if I’ve just misunderstood your post and that you’re only pointing out the differences in their photos!

Posted

Personally, I wouldn't want anything made by Serena or from Serena. I feel like it'll just ooze negativity and bad energy. 

Posted (edited)

My screenshots weren’t to show that Serena is copying the photos, but the hobby of soapmaking itself. She wrote in the instastory that she might start making soaps and I wanted to put receipts here that riceball did it first before Serena tried to subtweet about people copying her.

Yeah, I'm just comparing the two photos. :)

I'm not familiar with the top photographer, but they seem to have similar styles with very different execution! 

I think it's a great idea to document when it's obvious someone got their inspiration form someone else when that person claims others are copying them.

For the soap itself, I'm going to assume that she'll start with a melt-and-pour because lye's caustic fumes are a huge mess to deal with and you can seriously injure yourself without proper protective equipment (kinda hard to come by atm) and great ventilation. Nothing wrong with being a beginner. I can't really say that making your own soap is a bad thing, even if you're just getting into it. Like, any amount of time that you are spending away from social media and doing something with your own hands and reaping the benefits of that project is time well spent/probably a better mental health decision. That said, handmade soap is expensive as heck (due to the labor and materials) and this is a time with massive unemployment. Handmade soap is also an oversaturated market. If she thinks that she can sell this soap like she tried to sell her nude photos, she is mistaken. Established handmade businesses are struggling right now.

I hope that she enjoys her hobby without trying to monetize it.

Edited by lilyofthevalley
more thoughts

Posted

Shes a lost cause 🤣 its not a hobby anymore hun, youre a second rate copycat, literally

Posted

GUYS I am speechless. As soon as kanami/riceball tweeted the photos of the soaps she made on the 16th I knew it was only a matter of time before Serena decided to make soap, and it looks like she’s on her way. Serena, once you make and post pictures of your soap, don’t you DARE make vague instastories/tweets about riceball ‘copying’ you.

Sidenote: I don’t have a problem being inspired from others. It’s only when you act like you’re original and then have the AUDACITY to accuse others of ‘copying’ that I find extremely immature. 

4AE4B35D-615F-40CA-86D5-804AD591B962.jpeg

9E52B619-43D5-49FC-93D0-1BAAA7AD36A0.jpeg

D8BDCA01-68B6-4D4E-B4DE-FA5A50E64177.png

I am BEGGING for Serena to goddamn take a step back and reevaluate herself and her choices in life. JESUS LORD. Go to therapy, talk to someone, anyone. And for the love of god, grow your own personality. There is nothing wrong with taking inspiration from others, no one is 100% original, but this is blatant evidence of how little to none Serena has in her life. She deserves better than just copying from someone whose aesthetic she thinks "speaks" to her.

tumblr_inline_oyerz6ewbW1s6g3w4_540.gif

Posted (edited)

Kanami definitely did it first, look at the dates. She made soap over a month ago.

C50B809A-51E7-4A9E-9405-123236C30172.jpeg

A6CE6767-DD1E-4835-8EDB-1797C6237497.jpeg

Then Xuyen realized her mistake and decided on just candles instead lmao

3A53BC35-CDCC-4F97-9697-EE7329E6CC8B.jpeg

Edited by J

Posted

She’s basically stopped replying to comments on her posts. I wonder why? 

Posted

One thing that really bothers me about Serena is how she complains about her skin, getting fat etc but continues to photoshop the hell out of her pictures so u never even see that. It shows just how insecure she is with herself, its so sad. I think she's photoshopped for so long, she actually starts to believe she looks like this to others.

Screenshot_20200525-195012_Instagram.jpg

Posted

One thing that really bothers me about Serena is how she complains about her skin, getting fat etc but continues to photoshop the hell out of her pictures so u never even see that. It shows just how insecure she is with herself, its so sad. I think she's photoshopped for so long, she actually starts to believe she looks like this to others.

no offense but if she claims to not really wash her face then how does she clean her face after makeup? She seems like the type to wear makeup every day and make up wipes can only do so much for you 🤨🤢

Posted

girl i see you dropping that “homemade body care” liner there. i see what you’re up to and trying to fish for 👀

no offense but if she claims to not really wash her face then how does she clean her face after makeup? She seems like the type to wear makeup every day and make up wipes can only do so much for you 🤨🤢

even if she’s not wearing anything on her face, not washing it once a day (in the evening especially) just irks me. if that works for her skin, yeah okay you do what you do. but she complains about pores etc without doing anything so...... 

Posted (edited)

"sKiN cAeR aNd SeLf CaEr"

thats so very Live, Laugh, Love as fuck.

Cut the bullshit, Cuyen, just tell them how you Facetune the shit out of it. 

Jesus fuck not to mention she had the most insecure Q&A EVER in instagram 

Screenshot_20200526-110131_Instagram.thu

You know the reason she cant get friend irl because she also scared to take photos with them without photoshopping and might show what she actually looks like. I mean Shes barely (or not at all) in her Family photos, for real.

Screenshot_20200526-110247_Instagram.thu

And we dont need to say this again but DONT EVER, NEVER EVER... TAKE THIS TERRIBLE AND UNPRECEDENTED ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO IS LOST IN THEIR HOBBY/AESTHETIC THEMSELVES 

unless you wanna make an ass out of yourselves as well then go ahead 🤣 but this fucking idiot, i swear

"Witches/wicca/paganism" 

Shes lost as fuck

Edited by Brightburn

Posted

And we dont need to say this again but DONT EVER, NEVER EVER... TAKE THIS TERRIBLE AND UNPRECEDENTED ADVICE FROM SOMEONE WHO IS LOST IN THEIR HOBBY/AESTHETIC THEMSELVES 

unless you wanna make an ass out of yourselves as well then go ahead 🤣 but this fucking idiot, i swear

"Witches/wicca/paganism" 

Shes lost as fuck

All these tips and advice she gives out to ppl who are interested or curious about witch stuff, it's pretty obvious that it's her way of justifying what she's doing or making herself feel better about it. She tries to be nice to those ppl so she feels validated that she's doing the same thing, which is just living off of google and romanticizing the aesthetic. Lol.

Posted (edited)

"Witches/wicca/paganism" 

Shes lost as fuck

The way she lists those topics feels like she has one of the moden witchcrafts books and just goes through the table of contents page to list every topic from there.

Also feels like she's gonna use that as excuse for why she's doing so many things at once (like the sudden interest in making soaps or whatever). Yes, there's a lot of topics you can learn about, but that doesn't mean that every witch does every tiny thing. Especially not if you're constantly copying someone else already. She says herself that she only started with witchcraft last year, so why hop from one topic to the next, instead of investing your time in what interests you? What happened to the herbs?

(I know she's all fake, but it's difficult to not try and give her some hints in case she might actually feel called to witchcraft)

Edited by Qualle

Posted (edited)

That bit about her not washing her face was so gross especially since she's always complaining about it being hot where she lives. Not only was it gross, it was stupid as fuck. "I have huge pores." No, you're just dirty. Basically, she has sweat, make up and other shit all over the pillow she sleeps on every night, just building up.

Edited by Rachel Amber