• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Face wash help?

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys i have really bad skin that flakes mainly on my face. I've tried all kinds of face washing soap for sensitive skin and lotion but I can't seem to win. Does anyone have a similar situation or know someone who has flaky skin on their face and what they do? I have heard witchhazel helps repair skin so I'm considering doing that, but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know! Thank you so much!

Posted

Maybe see a dermatologist?

I have pretty bad eczema, and I've kept it under control by applying Protopic ointment to my face (available by prescription).
It's not cheap, but I heard there was a generic version available.

Posted

Have you tried hydrocortisone? The 2% or 2.5%. That’s what I use... I also use the dermalogica skin clearing wash. 

Posted

I probably should go see a dermatologist anyway for my hands that get really red. But I will definitely consider hydrocortisone also!

Posted

Try creams and lotions geared toward eczema. My friend has a similar issue and that seems to help him 

Posted (edited)

Honestly I used to have really terrible skin on my face.  If it wasn't breaking out, it was dry and itchy/patchy.  I could never get it right no matter what I used.  I spent so much money on different soap, lotion, creams, cleansers etc.  Then someone told me to stop washing my face with anything and just use water.  I scoffed out loud and told them they were crazy.  They told me to try it for a week and see how it went.  So I started just using a makeup remover and then rinsing my face with warm water and then patting it dry.  My skin has never been so clear and balanced in my entire life.  I know this probably sounds crazy but I'm really not kidding.  I guess because I'm not sucking the moisture out of my skin with soap of any kind or clogging my pores with products, my skin just chilled out and stopped fighting me.  I would at least TRY this method for a few days up to a week and see if it works for you.  Just wash your face with warm water a few times then pat dry with a soft towel.  If you wear makeup, take that off first and then just use water.  Good luck.

Edited by NyctoNymph

Posted

i use mario badescu acne wash and exfoliant to get rid of acne, oil-free moisturizer to keep it soft and toner to get rid of oil

Posted

What is your skincare routine first of all? Cleansers are not going to transform your skin but they can definitely irritate it. 

Posted

Hey guys i have really bad skin that flakes mainly on my face. I've tried all kinds of face washing soap for sensitive skin and lotion but I can't seem to win. Does anyone have a similar situation or know someone who has flaky skin on their face and what they do? I have heard witchhazel helps repair skin so I'm considering doing that, but if anyone has any other ideas please let me know! Thank you so much!

Ugh really late reply but i had the same problem! I use QV moisturizer for kids that you can get from pharmacies <333 since it’s for kids it’s a lot more gentle on ur skin. I normally pack a lot on the affected area and let it sit