• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buying face masks from Aliexpress & EBay

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Obviously, there's knockoffs which can be safe or really dangerous. How do you go about avoiding them?

Posted

I honestly dont like to buy makeup or skincare on those websites. There is alot of cheap face mask on stores that at least you can trust. 

Idk how to say it orz

Posted

I've purchased Tony Moly face masks in bulk from eBay. Personally I wouldn't do it from AliExpress.. Something about AliExpress seems more sketchy than eBay even though they're similar concepts sites. I guess because there's actual official shops selling on eBay? I think I bought my Tony Moly masks from an Asian beauty skincare/beauty import shop. Reviews and rating (99% I believe) helped my decision and when I received them they were clearly authentic. I also always use PayPal which has a pretty forgiving and helpful buyer protection so if they were knockoffs I could easily report it and possibly get my money back. I'm pretty sure AliExpress still doesn't have PayPal as an option to this day. 

Posted

Aliexpress has paypal by now but you either have to contact the seller about it or go through a really complicated way when you buy your product. basically you have to buy the product, then when you pay for it you have to reload the page instead of filling out the payment information. the purchased item will still be marked as purchased and when you click on your recent orders and when you try to pay for it you get only the option to pay with mastercard. when you then click the 'back' link you will be able to chose the paypal option. i don't know why it's complicated like that. anyway even if you pay with paypal it's almost impossible to get the money back. aliexpress doesn't really do anything even if you fill out that the item was not as described or that a wrong or fake item arrived. it happened to me and i had so many messages with them that were in broken english, back and forth until i gave up on it. they obviously tried to extend the time limit in which you can ask to get your money back by asking dumb questions again and again, so in the end i think for me it was not worth it. also in my case the products arrived all crumbled up in a really cheap packaging and i'm surprised they didn't rip open during the shipping. i don't recommend it but i think it depends on the aliexpress seller you purchase from. it's just so hard to tell which one is genuine and which one isn't. i think you can also look at the item rating and reviews when you make a purchase, but most of the time products have either 0 rating or many mixed ratings, so it's still hard to tell. i think it just depends on luck tbh. i'd also suggest using ebay over aliexpress when it comes to beauty products since you can see the seller rating and they usually speak english.

Posted

I personally would use Yesstyle as it offers discounts on skincare items there are no custom fees n free shipping if ur purchase is over £30 (UK price idk about other countries)

To make sure ebay skincare products are legit look at reviews from that seller, n also make sure they use real photography so not those professional images you see online of the product. Aliexpress I'm not sure about as I haven't brought from it yet I know some clothing is cheaper than what you would pay for in store brands.