• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Skin Care Routine please? + Tips

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys I’m having skin troubles and was wondering if someone could recommend some products. For the past few months my skins been looking bad. My forehead is flakey/dry I moisturize it but it doesn’t help. My nose and chin are very oily and whatever I use doesn’t help. I have blackheads on my nose and cheeks that are huge and gross. Can someone recommend something to make them appear smaller. I need help with my cheeks and sides I have a lot of acne scars and is there something that could help get rid of the scars. Can you guys recommend a good moisturizer too ? 

Could you guys recommend a skincare routine and some tips? 

D1FD6978-5E34-4612-AECA-DD084EABD72D.jpeg

Posted

I think that before using any supermarket products you should try to see a dermatologist (if you haven't yet!). I have hormonal acne and seeing a dermatologist really helped me! He gave me a treatment and since I take it my skin is starting to get way better. 

Otherwise try to look for natural products since supermarket products are full of harmful things. For example this serum helped a lot of people with acne and is pretty affordable (+ it's Vegan/Cruelty free!), and by buying it you will be supporting a black owned business. (I know it sounds like I'm working for them but I'm just happy to help them since their products really helped me). For instance I am using one of their face cleanser and I love the sent (and the fact that it's full of natural products make my soul AND skin better).

Posted

I think that before using any supermarket products you should try to see a dermatologist (if you haven't yet!). I have hormonal acne and seeing a dermatologist really helped me! He gave me a treatment and since I take it my skin is starting to get way better. 

Otherwise try to look for natural products since supermarket products are full of harmful things. For example this serum helped a lot of people with acne and is pretty affordable (+ it's Vegan/Cruelty free!), and by buying it you will be supporting a black owned business. (I know it sounds like I'm working for them but I'm just happy to help them since their products really helped me). For instance I am using one of their face cleanser and I love the sent (and the fact that it's full of natural products make my soul AND skin better).

I have only seen a dermatologist once when I was younger but it was for something else. I can’t see one now I don’t have the money but when I do I think I will. I think the main cause of my acne is stress my skin was better and not this bad a few months ago. I’ll check out the face cleanser. 

Posted

I've been using a baby moisturizer for the past year and I have to say it's the best thing that's ever happened to my skin.  It's from the brand Mustela (I use the hydra bebe one) and it's just so good.  I noticed a change in my skin after a few uses and it's not very expensive for the quantity you get.  I have terribly sensitive skin and baby products work better for me because they have better ingredients.

Posted

For moisturizer, I usually use St. Ive's Collagen Elastin Essential Moisturizer, and it works like a charm for me. I'd also suggest trying a comedone extractor for your black heads if you can, they're pretty cheap and you can get one from walmart for $3. 

For oily skin, I like to use cleanser, moisturizer, and toner twice every day, once when i wake up and before I go to bed, use astringent every other day, and use a facial mask and exfoliate once every week. 

Posted

I can totally help you! So if you don't have any sensitivity to most ingredients I am giving you some routines that might help.

Cerave foaming cleanser for normal to oily skin. This brand you'll see nurses use in hospitals but this cleanser is not only cheap (14.99 to 15.99) but also effective.  Use twice a day.

Benefit Smooth it off! exfoliator. Gentle but a general skin type exfoliant. Has mainly jojoba which is considered the closest to natural sebum (skin oil). Also jojoba beads are considered one of the best exfoliants. Use once or twice a week. Anymore can make the skin sensitive and irritated unless a dermatologist recommends more frequently. 

Thayers rose petal and witch hazel toner. I recommend this for almost everyone. Rose has a soothing property and witch hazel is a gentle cleaser. Perfect for this who want more natural ingredients. Use after every cleansing process.

Murad environmenta shield essential c moisture spf 30/ PA+++. Now this is expensive. It's $65.00 but it is an award winning brand created by an award winning dermatologist. I've recommended it to clients that came to me as their last hope before a dermatologist and had amazing results. One had there dermatologist praised me for helping their patient that had chronically skin for using this product. Plus it has vitamin c which helps protects and brightens dark spots on the skin. Also it's a sunscreen so both UVA and UVB rays will have a hard time causing further damage and premature aging. Though it says day I recommend twice a day but a very small amount. Only because it is a more concentrated moisturizer.

Posted (edited)

Hiya!! If you have younger skin (under 30) then use beauty aid's face cleanser then use Lush's tea tree water (toner) wait to dry then use a moisturizer. I got a lot of my friends hooked onto them (both males and females) but do remember to drink lots of water!!

Edit: The moisturizer that I use the ultra facial masque hydrant by Kiehl's or on occasion avocado oil or olive oil. Ik it sounds hella weird to have oil on your face but overnight the oil soaks into your skin and you wash it off then my skin is hella soft n squishy in the mornin. But I usually use the ultra facial masque hydrant.

Edited by afryingpan
add more details

Posted

I can totally help you! So if you don't have any sensitivity to most ingredients I am giving you some routines that might help.

Cerave foaming cleanser for normal to oily skin. This brand you'll see nurses use in hospitals but this cleanser is not only cheap (14.99 to 15.99) but also effective.  Use twice a day.

Benefit Smooth it off! exfoliator. Gentle but a general skin type exfoliant. Has mainly jojoba which is considered the closest to natural sebum (skin oil). Also jojoba beads are considered one of the best exfoliants. Use once or twice a week. Anymore can make the skin sensitive and irritated unless a dermatologist recommends more frequently. 

Thayers rose petal and witch hazel toner. I recommend this for almost everyone. Rose has a soothing property and witch hazel is a gentle cleaser. Perfect for this who want more natural ingredients. Use after every cleansing process.

Murad environmenta shield essential c moisture spf 30/ PA+++. Now this is expensive. It's $65.00 but it is an award winning brand created by an award winning dermatologist. I've recommended it to clients that came to me as their last hope before a dermatologist and had amazing results. One had there dermatologist praised me for helping their patient that had chronically skin for using this product. Plus it has vitamin c which helps protects and brightens dark spots on the skin. Also it's a sunscreen so both UVA and UVB rays will have a hard time causing further damage and premature aging. Though it says day I recommend twice a day but a very small amount. Only because it is a more concentrated moisturizer.

thank you! 💞

Posted

hmm from what you're saying the state of your skin is (flakey/dry and oily in different parts) you may be using too harsh of a cleanser, which could be stripping away not only bad oils but good oils that help keep your skin hydrated... i would suggest using a more sensitive cleanser or double cleansing with an oil + sensitive cleanser...

i would also recommend watching susan yara (mixed makeup) on youtube who i think is very knowledgeable 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkDAO8-yLgs

that's a good video to use as a guideline

and also if you aren't using sunscreen everyday when you go out, i would suggest using it now 
and like someone mentioned before cerave is a good brand and they also do moisturizer + sunscreen combo

Posted

Hey guys I’m having skin troubles and was wondering if someone could recommend some products. For the past few months my skins been looking bad. My forehead is flakey/dry I moisturize it but it doesn’t help. My nose and chin are very oily and whatever I use doesn’t help. I have blackheads on my nose and cheeks that are huge and gross. Can someone recommend something to make them appear smaller. I need help with my cheeks and sides I have a lot of acne scars and is there something that could help get rid of the scars. Can you guys recommend a good moisturizer too ? 

Could you guys recommend a skincare routine and some tips? 

D1FD6978-5E34-4612-AECA-DD084EABD72D.jpeg

I had a same skin as you couple years ago.I had small bumps over my face too.I noticed I got them when I ate too much sugar and proccesed carbs.Eating clean definetly helped with my skin +skin care routine.

My  routine
Innisfree green tea oil cleanser

Perfect Whip Face Wash foam
mamonde rose toner
Sulwahasoo ginseng eye cream
Sulwahasoo Serum
c vitamin ampule
Missha Essence
any kind of moisturizer (I sometimes use aloe vera gel)

Hada Labo Gokujyun  Hyaluron Lotion

also exfoliate 2x week.
face masks once a week.
and sun cream spf50 everyday. 

This is what helped me .

Posted

I had a same skin as you couple years ago.I had small bumps over my face too.I noticed I got them when I ate too much sugar and proccesed carbs.Eating clean definetly helped with my skin +skin care routine.
My  routine
Innisfree green tea oil cleanser

Perfect Whip Face Wash foam
mamonde rose toner
Sulwahasoo ginseng eye creamSulwahasoo Serum
c vitamin ampule
Missha Essence
any kind of moisturizer (I sometimes use aloe vera gel)

Hada Labo Gokujyun  Hyaluron Lotion

also exfoliate 2x week.face masks once a week.
and sun cream spf50 everyday. 

This is what helped me .

thank you, I’m going to start with changing my diet 

Posted

in the shower i exfoliate, use generic soaps to kinda wash up and then i go to my room and use an acne wash, then a clay mask, and toner + moisturizer if i have to.