• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best way to remove blackheads?

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

hey guys, im new here so please bear with me eheh. ive always been wanting to know the best way to remove blackheads, it doesn't have to be permanent removal but at least some good methods thatll remove blackheads and wont harm your skin ! I heard that those blackhead patches that you peel off is effective and satisfying but it isn't very good for your skin. theres also the electronic blackhead removal device but I don't think I wanna go to that extent. I also use the blackhead removal facial wash but it doesn't really work?  any other useful methods? thanks a lot !! :alpacacrush:

Edited by chuurae

Posted

if you're talking about the black dots on your nose, those aren't blackheads. they're called sebaceous filaments and you can't entirely get rid of them - even those pore strips will only work for a few days before they come back. but the most effective way to reduce them i've found is oil cleansing - just massaging some oil into your skin and then washing it off with gentle cleanser, there's lots of info/tutorials out there on it. i use baby oil (which is just perfumed mineral oil), but there are lots of other options. it might take a little while to get results, but it's definitely shrunk my pores and reduced the sebaceous filaments on my nose if i do it regularly.

Posted

if you're talking about the black dots on your nose, those aren't blackheads. they're called sebaceous filaments and you can't entirely get rid of them - even those pore strips will only work for a few days before they come back. but the most effective way to reduce them i've found is oil cleansing - just massaging some oil into your skin and then washing it off with gentle cleanser, there's lots of info/tutorials out there on it. i use baby oil (which is just perfumed mineral oil), but there are lots of other options. it might take a little while to get results, but it's definitely shrunk my pores and reduced the sebaceous filaments on my nose if i do it regularly.

ooh, now i know..thank you so much !!