• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What purpose does life being unfair serve?

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If the fact tha life is unfair is the reason why we have this fucking survival of the fittest existence then what is the god damn point of life anyway? If life were fair in all circumstances then would the meaning of life change? I'm sure whatever the meaning of life may be is dependent upon life being unfair so if it were fair then wouldn't that mean the meaning has changed?

I mean, fuck me, we don't get to choose our ethnicities, gender sex, or race. We just have to work with what is given to us which is total fucking bullshit. If I knew reincarnation was a thing and that I could come back as a cis girl who is content with her gender identity then I would kill myself today. Seriously, why is life the biggest fucking mystery and biggest fucking fuck you?

Edited by Catherine

Posted

If the fact tha life is unfair is the reason why we have this fucking survival of the fittest existence then what is the god damn point of life anyway? If life were fair in all circumstances then would the meaning of life change? I'm sure whatever the meaning of life may be is dependent upon life being unfair so if it were fair then wouldn't that mean the meaning has changed?

I mean, fuck me, we don't get to choose our ethnicities, gender sex, or race. We just have to work with what is given to us which is total fucking bullshit. If I knew reincarnation was a thing and that I could come back as a cis girl who is content with her gender identity then I would kill myself today. Seriously, why is life the biggest fucking mystery and biggest fucking fuck you?

Life is unfair for no reason at all. People who say life is fair obviously are living in their own bubble. There are people who are born lucky and flaunt it and there are those who aren't born lucky and have a tougher time. Life is like "Sucks to be you!", to the losers. Ah well, nothing we can do.

Posted

Life has no meaning. Once you get your head around that you find everything else just falls into place. We're here and then we did.

Posted

Life has no meaning. Once you get your head around that you find everything else just falls into place. We're here and then we did.

But what is the meaning behind life being meaningless?

Posted

The point/meaning of life is to survive, in my opinion.

The reason life is unfair is because it is natural for it to be unfair. As you said, the reason life is unfair is because survival of the fittest commands it to be in order to maintain the cycle of life. Look in nature and think about how unfair it is that some animals must die early because the others need to eat to survive. If everything was herbivorous there would be animals that starved due to lack of access to nutritious foliage.

Life cannot be fair, because it's impossible and unobtainable. There has to be a balance in the good and the shit. Dualism.

You seem to be going through something difficult, and I'm sorry for that, so I hope I'm not coming across as super cold! I'm trying to speak realistically as often times when I am going through something I've found its good to have a level headed, logical discussion regarding the subject rather than just hearing kind and fluffed words.

That being said, a lot can be changed by accepting reality as it is and changing your perspective. Instead of getting bogged down by the negative, try taking a step back and looking at what positives you have -- friends, family, support systems, a hobby or career you love, pretty much anything that brings you joy. A lot of people don't have those things and think life is unfair because they don't and others do. It's very easy to get mentally caught up in the negatives when comparing our lives when in reality we all will have something we are envious of others for having.

p.s. If you're going through something and want to talk, but don't want to talk to anyone you know, my dms are always open :alpacacrush:

Posted

life is unfair bc there are people who have to struggle just to get to where they want to be while some who already have everything they want and was handed to them yet remains ungrateful. all this lower class, middle class, higher class bs if only we live equal then probably life would be fair.

Posted (edited)

Life IS unfair. That's why I think life is about giving a little of yourself to others. I think life is meant to help others survive. Life is about making others happy. Life is about making yourself happy. Those tiny bits you give away come back to you. Even if you don't, you can sit back and say you did good. Life might be unfair, but we shouldn't. I live by Jordan's motto:

"Do good. Die great."

Edited by nok

Posted

life is unfair because you can be the victim of circumstances and yet bear all the consequences on your shoulders without support or compassion from the people who should be held accountable yet you move on with their dead weight crushing any chance you could have had to a better life. ALL MEN AREN'T CREATED EQUAL ON THIS WRETCHED PLANET 

Posted

There is no point in life being hard but there needs to be people at the bottom for society  to function properly. 

Posted (edited)

Edited by pagandaddy.exe
no

Posted

Life is a sick fucking joke. This world is a dark place. It is very hard to find beauty these days, especially when this body is temporary. But shit. If I could kill my soul because I hate myself that much, then I would. And remove every trace of myself to ever exist. 

That being said, balance. A perfect world would consist of everyone happy, healthy, well fed, and a roof over their heads. But because of free will, humanity and world peace are two things that can never coincide, no matter how much we try, it's an impossible goal to achieve. World peace is bullshit. Having bad shit happen in this world, and striving to change it only gets you so far is a concept that is not alien to us. We have been wishing for this for years. But hey, every penny counts, right? That's what they say? Violence, poverty, sickness, war, and all that other unfairness is natural. It's human. It shouldn't be, but there is only so much we can do. And it will never be enough. For as long as time shall stand. 

How do you know free will exist?

Posted

i think life is just a small part of your journey in this universe. it prepares you for what comes after

life in itself is meaningless imo, it's your job to find your own meaning to it and do whatever feels right 

Posted

i think life is just a small part of your journey in this universe. it prepares you for what comes after

life in itself is meaningless imo, it's your job to find your own meaning to it and do whatever feels right 

What comes after?

Posted

What comes after?

How can anyone know what comes after? if we knew, everyone would either have no religion or be very religious, in my opinion. i say this because as far as i know, all (most) religions have some teachings regarding the afterlife. Some say something about heaven and hell, others about reincarnation, others say there's nothing. 

to me it sounds like you''re struggling with something. I hope you'll find enough strength to overcome whatever you're facing. i hope you also have some support. Of that you're able to find some support group you can join, even online. I know online is not the same as offline/real life, but i think it's better than nothing at all. After all, you're not alone in feeling the way you do, and nowadays is easier than ever to find some people to connect with, if those around you can't understand or accept you. 

1. If the fact tha life is unfair is the reason why we have this fucking survival of the fittest existence then what is the god damn point of life anyway? well, i guess, we're supposed to strive to be part of those that survive, and sometimes this means using whatever method possible (let's just stir away from illegal activities though). This is what "survival of the fittest" means in the animal world (assuming we're also animals).

2.  If life were fair in all circumstances then would the meaning of life change? I'm sure whatever the meaning of life may be is dependent upon life being unfair so if it were fair then wouldn't that mean the meaning has changed? i guess, from a logical point of view, this would be correct. Sadly, life is not always logical (otherwise, nothing bad would ever happen to good people). 

3. I mean, fuck me, we don't get to choose our ethnicities, gender sex, or race. We just have to work with what is given to us which is total fucking bullshit. If I knew reincarnation was a thing and that I could come back as a cis girl who is content with her gender identity then I would kill myself today. Seriously, why is life the biggest fucking mystery and biggest fucking fuck you? As fas as we know, we don't get to choose how we're born. If you were to say this to a New Ager, they'd tell you're wrong. But i don't think they'd be able to tell you what your purpose in life is. it is indeed YOU who has to find the meaning and purpose of your own life. I personally see nothing wrong with "a cis girl who is content with her gender identity"  . of course, that's just me. I don't think we're supposed to work with what's given to us, i think we're supposed to make it better. It's like a pair of jeans that you love - you at first apply some patches on them, or some pins, then you put holes into them and rip the bottom hems because you wore them so much, then you turn them into shorts, then into shorter shorts, until you finally have to say goodbye to them. all those changes were little improvements. 

I recently heard a rabbi talking about the diifference between Christians and Jews, beyond the obvious (related to Jesus). He said that most Christians don't try to improve anything in this world because they think of the afterlife in Heaven (which is a better world). Jews, on the other hand, try to make this wolrd better, to bring Heaven on Earth, while they're still in the flesh. They do this by following God's commandments (and they have some 613 of them, though they can't possibly keep all of them, not without the Temple in Jerusalem) and by trying to do good towards others. 

I too aked myself all these questions. Now I discovered/learned that being/trying to be a good person gave me some sort of meaning. I also try to get closer to GOD (it's hard after a mostly secular life and stuff, but adds to the meaning of my own life). I hope you find some sort of comfort in my words (if you managed to read all this). stay safe.