• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Michelle Choi

Instagram  //  YouTube

60915003-6073-448E-8995-931EDA75B16A.thu

Michelle Choi is a YouTuber. She currently has well over 200k subscribers. She seems like a very chill person. Her videos, in my opinion, can be kind of boring. Sorry! but I have hit fast forward or just stopped watching some of them. Which is surprising because she goes to a lot of cool places. She’s kind of ... well , I’ll just say she’s very calm-like. She comes across as bored (to me) which isn’t a crime. She did say she feels more like herself in the U.S. so that could’ve been the culprit. She says that in her “Why I’ve decided to move across the globe” video  

She’s from Orange County,California and has  graduated from university in South Korea and has now moved to New York. 

My main thing is , wow, it must be nice to be making enough money to just up and move. To New York. To what seems to me, a really nice apartment. She says she simply saved her money which I guess isn’t unbelievable. Checks from YouTube and I think she had a part time job? It adds up... anyway! 

Do any of you watch her videos or follow her ? 

Posted

Sounds like rich family

Posted

Sounds like rich family

she denies that. 

15A5E0A6-F821-405E-9CC7-35AAC998E3A5.thuA935EC5F-AA5D-46D4-90FF-C346EEF785CA.thu

Posted (edited)

I find her friendship with Coco questionable (do they even talk anymore?), but she generally seems like a nice person. Her videos popped up on my YT recs like a week ago so I watched a few of them and I honestly think most of her views are because she's pretty &/or "looks like __ kpop star". I don't doubt that she makes a good amount of money and saved up, but imo she did have help to be able to move to that apartment in NY. I think she's not being entirely honest about her circumstances (and she isn't obligated to be). To me, she is one of the most likeable Asian Americans on YT with a large following.

Edited by rk618

Posted

Ooooo I was considering making a thread for her but you beat me to it!! I think she's cute and I've seen a few of her videos...she is somewhat more tolerable than the other asian american youtubers, she's opened up a lot more compared to the beginning of her channel. Her saving up thing is kinda questionable. She has quite a few luxury goods, a benz, and she often bought nice looking groceries in korea. I thought it was interesting that drove her move to ny was because she wanted to be more "spontaneous." Like damn ok, flex. Of course she did say she loves the energy there and I think she has friends there as well. I don't know, wish I could reach that level of spontaneous. Her financial status really isn't my business but it can be obnoxious when well off people wanna act relatable with the "chase your dreams! work hard!" schmick. But yeah, I too agree that her friendship with coco is suspect LOL. I rolled my eyes at her "A day spent with a kpop idol" title.  Anyways I hope she enjoys her time in ny, i'm curious if she'll only do youtube or get another job. 

Posted

She says the word spontaneous so many times  

But yeah, Coco has been in a couple of her vlogs. Most recently, the “why I decided to move across the globe”. I guess they’re still friends despite coco’s lawsuit...and personality.

I still think she comes from money. Parts of South Korea aren’t that expensive but it’s still not cheap either, from my understanding. She wasn’t living in a dorm and  I don’t think she was there on scholarship. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyways. Yeah. 

Posted

She says the word spontaneous so many times  

But yeah, Coco has been in a couple of her vlogs. Most recently, the “why I decided to move across the globe”. I guess they’re still friends despite coco’s lawsuit...and personality.

I still think she comes from money. Parts of South Korea aren’t that expensive but it’s still not cheap either, from my understanding. She wasn’t living in a dorm and  I don’t think she was there on scholarship. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyways. Yeah. 

my thought too, Seoul is not that cheap... 

Also, does anyone know why going to college in South Korea in particular?

Posted (edited)

^^^ In her q&a video “ life in Korea etc” she said it was a matter of wanting to be in a new environment. So...just on a whim, I guess 

she went to Yonsei University ( Korean university as a foreigner video) I don’t know what their tuition is like... google is telling me it can be affordable depending on what you take idk. 

my guess is her parents paid for the apartment and she had a part time job that only paid around $40-$80 per session ( English tutoring) and that paid for food and shopping. ( in her Korean as a foreigner video she says this ) 

but anyway 

Edited by evrthngis2expnsve

Posted

I'm also very curious about her financials because she mentions several times (most recently in her NYC apartment video) that she stopped relying on her parent's money once she graduated high school and she denied getting money from a rich boyfriend (which by the way are they broken up? bc he still follows/likes her ig posts lol) She also bought her own (super nice) car when she first went back to California I believe

She created her own jewelry (I feel bad saying this but it's kinda ugly, I was surprised when she unveiled it bc I did not except that design at all from her) idk if she had to pay to do this or if the brand is paying for it (??) I really don't know that process, but anyways, for all the traveling she's doing and everything she's purchasing, I'm wondering how her relatively small yt career is paying for it all

Posted (edited)

I almost forgot about her “jewelry line”! It was really masculine ( that’s not a bad thing. Just wasn’t expecting it),  it was ... so unoriginal. 

I didn’t know her boyfriend was rich. I don’t even know his instagram 😬 

Yeah, she lives a somewhat luxe life with ease. I guess she doesn’t really have to be truthful about how does it. But, like previously stated, she should stop with the “dream big and work hard” as her advice.  That’s what most people are trying to do anyway lol 

i still don’t understand how youtube payment works... 

Edited by evrthngis2expnsve

Posted

Although I do want to add one thing, someone commented how viewing what 'wealth' means is different for every person and I do agree with that because I don't see my parents are wealthy because I spent all my childhood wondering why my mom said we couldn't afford to buy Abercrombie/American Eagle clothes like everyone else at my school etc, but at the same time, I grew up in a pretty nice house and my parents paid for my college degree, so I guess it's all about perspective.

However, she's incredibly insistent her parents don't support her so idk man, seems suss

Posted

I find it pretty weird that she deleted multiple videos, I just don't know what her reasons would be. She met up with michimomo and titan tyra in Indonesia, last year I think, and all three of them uploaded a video on their YT channel, however the video on Michelle's channel has been deleted? She also did a story time about her spine surgery which has also been deleted. And probably more videos are deleted

Her friend Kristen seems pretty outgoing, as well as some of her other friends. So I feel like she may be/have been someone who spent a reasonable amount of money on alcohol and such.

Posted

Did anyone purchase her jewelry? There are nicer products out in the market so I don't know why she collabed to make a chain bracelet with a cross charm... 

Kinda ot, im not sure if it was in hers or coco's vid, but michelle gifted coco chanel lip balm for her birthday last year. We all know coco is no stranger to her luxury goods so I just thought it was funny. 50$ for some boujee ass vaseline in a pot 

Posted

50$ for some boujee ass vaseline in a pot 

Rich people like them sure know how to spend money

Posted (edited)

michelle claims to take no money from her parents but she literally owns like two chanel bags ?? also she already had an apartment in LA before going back to her korea apartment.. which she was still renting even during the months when she lived in LA which means she was renting two different apartments at the same time O_O"  hard to believe that she paid for ALL of that with just youtube/instagram 

Edited by toast
typos