• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Favorite KPOP Songs?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

So I got into Red Velvet last year, falling down the KPOP rabbit hole completely involuntarily (thanks youtube for the random recommendation that lead to me watching any and every variety show clip/compliation/becoming completely engrossed in all things RV). I naively was so sure I would not be interested in any other groups but after they announced touring in the US (where I live), I decided maybe distracting myself with other artists wouldn't be a bad idea since I couldn't attend. Now I've found myself totally lost in the KPOP world. I'm still trying to find groups who fit my interests. Please list your favorite groups/idols and their best songs you would introduce to a non-KPOP fan to get them started. I compiled a list of my favorites as well for anyone interested. :)

PENTAGON: (I've listened to everything so I'll shorten to top 5)

TOP 5~ LIKE THIS, RUNAWAY, SHINE, WHEN I WAS IN LOVE, PRETTY BOYS... I really have so much more favorites but I feel like these sum up the type of style I really go for..

WANNA ONE: (wow, wish someone warned me how heartbreaking it is to find a group ALREADY disbanded)

FAVES~ ENERGETIC (only looked into Wanna One because I saw Hui's demo of this song on youtube. Absolutely needed a studio recording. They're great in this song but damnnn do I wish Hui had a recording of his version. HIS VOICE DOE), LIGHT, SPRING BREEZE 

BTS

FAVES~ DNA, FAKE LOVE (Really tried to avoid looking into them since they're so popular here but out of the three songs I listened to these two were appealing. Has anyone seen Hui's version of DNA on King of Masked Singer? I could go on all day...)

ASTRO:

FAVES~ ALL NIGHT, ALWAYS YOU (I really REALLY want to get into ASTRO bc of Cha Eunwoo-SHOUT OUT TO MY ID IS GANGNAM BEAUTY but damn most of their songs are just way too corny for me..)

TRIPLE H: (another heartbreak... what an insanely great trio that will never perform with each other again T__T)

FAVES~ RETRO FUTURE, 365 FRESH (admittedly, I never made time to check out their b-sides. If you have favorites please let me know!)

PRISTIN: (obvs heartbreak heartbreak heartbreak)

FAVES~ GET IT (PRISTIN V, this song is such a BOP), WEE WOO

HWASA (I really want to get into MAMAMOO but I listened to maybe three songs and none of them appealed to me. I'm open to suggestions for their best songs, think I'll be more receptive to them if they're suggested to me)

FAVES~ TWIT (this song is LIFE. I really hope Hwasa comes out with more. She's so talented)

WOOSEOK X KUANLIN: (unbelievably refreshing since they dropped this after I just found out about Wanna One's disbandment *ugly tears*)

FAVES~ I'M A STAR, THE WHOLE MINI ALBUM

If anyone wanted to DM that would be cool too. I have no friends in real life who like KPOP or who are at all remotely interested. I just would really love someone to talk to.

I did see the topic about KPOP and people talked about their favorite groups but I was hoping I could get favorite songs too to get me started. :) 

Posted (edited)

EXO - growl, what u do, power, been through, unfair, monster, ko ko bop, what is love, and call me baby.

Ravi - See through, tuxedo

Got7 - fly, if you do, I like you, can't, 1 degree, teenager, paradise, see the light, moon u. 

Jus2 - Focus on me

24k - only you

Vixx - their whole fucking discography minus gr8 u and love equation. 

Winner - love me love me, sentimental, fool. 

Nct, all sub units - knock on, my van, yestoday, touch, 7th sense, fly away with me, highway to heaven, baby don't like, chain, baby don't stop, boss, come back. 

Day6 - I wait, I smile, how can I say?

Sunmi - heroine, noir, curve, siren

Seventeen - I don't know, check in, change up, trauma, oh my! 

The Rose - Baby

Ateez - Treasure, hala hala, light, aurora, illusion

Stray kids - MIA, 42, awkward silence. 

Wonder Girls - I feel you, why so lonely

Mamamoo - wind flower. 

sf9 - unlimited, now or never, K.O., champagne 

Imfact - nanana

Wonderboyz - Tarzan 

BTS - run, save me, hip hop lover (esp the live version) , home, blood sweat and tears, the most beautiful moment in life, Cypher 4, pied Piper. 

Twice - TT, cheer up, likey, signal. 

Monsta x - blue moon, beautiful, play it cool, jealousy. 

Red velvet - be natural, automatic, and bad boy. 

Only one of - savanna 

Edited by Velvetjin

Posted

EXO - growl, what u do, power, been through, unfair, monster, ko ko bop, what is love, and call me baby.

Ravi - See through, tuxedo

Got7 - fly, if you do, I like you, can't, 1 degree, teenager, paradise, see the light, moon u. 

Jus2 - Focus on me

24k - only you

Vixx - their whole fucking discography minus gr8 u and love equation. 

Winner - love me love me, sentimental, fool. 

Nct, all sub units - knock on, my van, yestoday, touch, 7th sense, fly away with me, highway to heaven, baby don't like, chain, baby don't stop, boss, come back. 

Day6 - I wait, I smile, how can I say?

Sunmi - heroine, noir, curve, siren

Seventeen - I don't know, check in, change up, trauma, oh my! 

The Rose - Baby

Ateez - Treasure, hala hala, light, aurora, illusion

Stray kids - MIA, 42, awkward silence. 

Wonder Girls - I feel you, why so lonely

Mamamoo - wind flower. 

sf9 - unlimited, now or never, K.O., champagne 

Imfact - nanana

Wonderboyz - Tarzan 

BTS - run, save me, hip hop lover (esp the live version) , home, blood sweat and tears, the most beautiful moment in life, Cypher 4, pied Piper. 

Twice - TT, cheer up, likey, signal. 

Monsta x - blue moon, beautiful, play it cool, jealousy. 

Red velvet - be natural, automatic, and bad boy. 

Only one of - savanna 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! I have just finished creating a playlist on Youtube to listen to them all. :)

Posted

Hidden Content

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this! I have just finished creating a playlist on Youtube to listen to them all. :)

I hope you enjoy them all! If you have any questions or just wanna talk about kpop etc don't hesitate to DM me! <3

Posted

I hope you enjoy them all! If you have any questions or just wanna talk about kpop etc don't hesitate to DM me! <3

I will definitely dm you. Thank you!~~ :3 

Posted

EXO's whole discography is gold but my faves are: 

El Dorado (Chinese ver), Baby Dont Cry, My Lady, Thunder,Cant bring me down, Exodus, Machine, Forever, Diamond, The Eve, Hurt, Miracles In December, Sweet Lies, They Never Know, Transformer, Universe, Been Through (I still recommend their whole discography cause >>>>>) 

EXO's CBX :

Again everything, specially Blooming Days. 

AOA

Temptation, underrated bop. 

Miss A

Love Song, Goodbye Baby, Touch 

Somi

Outta my head

Taeyeon

Stress, U R, I, Why

Jessica

The whole first album, specially Golden Sky

TVXQ

Mirotic

MBLAQ

This is war, Mona Lisa

SHINee:

Replay, Lucifer, Sherlock...all

SNSD

Stay Girls, Dear Mom, Karma Butterfly, Lost in love, Oscar, Talk Talk 

TaeTiSeo

Baby Steps

JungSis

Butterfly

WJSN

Secret

Oh My Girl

Closer, One Step Two Steps

T-ARA

Number 9, Sugarfree, Jeon Won Diary, Sexy Love, Day by day...

Posted

EXO's whole discography is gold but my faves are: 

El Dorado (Chinese ver), Baby Dont Cry, My Lady, Thunder,Cant bring me down, Exodus, Machine, Forever, Diamond, The Eve, Hurt, Miracles In December, Sweet Lies, They Never Know, Transformer, Universe, Been Through (I still recommend their whole discography cause >>>>>) 

EXO's CBX :

Again everything, specially Blooming Days. 

AOA

Temptation, underrated bop. 

Miss A

Love Song, Goodbye Baby, Touch 

Somi

Outta my head

Taeyeon

Stress, U R, I, Why

Jessica

The whole first album, specially Golden Sky

TVXQ

Mirotic

MBLAQ

This is war, Mona Lisa

SHINee:

Replay, Lucifer, Sherlock...all

SNSD

Stay Girls, Dear Mom, Karma Butterfly, Lost in love, Oscar, Talk Talk 

TaeTiSeo

Baby Steps

JungSis

Butterfly

WJSN

Secret

Oh My Girl

Closer, One Step Two Steps

T-ARA

Number 9, Sugarfree, Jeon Won Diary, Sexy Love, Day by day...

Thank you so much for your post! I am very excited to see more EXO suggestions. I've been watching It's Dangerous Beyond The Blankets and I'm seriously stanning Xiumin!! I wanna see more of him so that's perfect.~

Posted

Hidden Content

Thank you so much for your post! I am very excited to see more EXO suggestions. I've been watching It's Dangerous Beyond The Blankets and I'm seriously stanning Xiumin!! I wanna see more of him so that's perfect.~

They are my fav group so of course! Glad you are stanning <3

Posted

Noir by Sunmi is such a bop. I suggest you watch the MV with it too!

Posted

Noir by Sunmi is such a bop. I suggest you watch the MV with it too!

This and Curve are so far my favorites!! Thank you for the suggestion!~~

Posted

WINNER’s discography is so ughhhh :alpacalove:

Island, Love Me Love Me, Baby Baby, Empty, Tonight, Really Really, Air, Movie Star, Special Night

also realized I was a hardcore EXID fan because they haven’t released a song I don’t like

DDD, Weeknd (L.E / Hani), Velvet (L.E Solo), Lady, Me & You, Night Rather Than Day, Up & Down, Ah Yeah, I Love You, The Vibe, How You Doin’, Midnight

Posted

Too many to list but my current favorite is Cherry Bullet - Really Really:x

Posted

WINNER’s discography is so ughhhh :alpacalove:

Island, Love Me Love Me, Baby Baby, Empty, Tonight, Really Really, Air, Movie Star, Special Night

also realized I was a hardcore EXID fan because they haven’t released a song I don’t like

DDD, Weeknd (L.E / Hani), Velvet (L.E Solo), Lady, Me & You, Night Rather Than Day, Up & Down, Ah Yeah, I Love You, The Vibe, How You Doin’, Midnight

thank you for the suggestions! I’ve really been wanting to get into EXID so this helps me a lot. <3

Too many to list but my current favorite is Cherry Bullet - Really Really:x

I haven’t heard any Cherry Bullet yet. I will definitely give a listen. Thank you~|

Posted

All of (G)I-DLE's discography