• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Membership overrun with SJW’s.

42 posts in this topic

Posted

honestly I'm feeling the same as well and I feel it not on just one or two threads... 

sometimes when I want to speak out my opinion, especially when it comes to culture, I kinda feel like I'm treading on eggshells. sometimes people have to explain that they're not from United States where a certain belief of 'appreciating' or 'appropriating' culture holds and that's probably what causes the topic from derailing...

I don't want to WK anyone, but when someone nitpicks a certain snowflake based on incorrect beliefs of culture where the things came from, I always feel like "should I say something about this?" or just shrug it off as "well, that's what most westerners believe, so..."

because I believe that wanting to discuss things neutrally and with perspective from different cultures isn't wrong, and a gossip forum should be informative and exchanging knowledge as well so that it wouldn't be just another mere baseless discussion.  

Posted

So many threads are getting derailed because of people chiming in about everything. Cultural differences, someone being misgendered (whether by complete accident or just ignorance), armchair diagnosing, etc.

Were human, we don’t know everything so we will say something that is wrong at some point, if people would stop living to point out everyone’s mistakes it would make this forum better.

How you would go about implementing this I don’t know 😅 It is annoying though, sometimes I’m like oh is there drama in this thread? No it’s just Sharon moaning about the cultural differences in x which is why x.

Thats how I feel anyway :alpacaworry:

Posted

Some people here now when they sum up a problematic person they are like "oh they are a RED PILL!!!" it's just as immature as 4channers harassing blue pills, one isn't helping the other uhg

Posted

So many threads are getting derailed because of people chiming in about everything. Cultural differences, someone being misgendered (whether by complete accident or just ignorance), armchair diagnosing, etc.

Were human, we don’t know everything so we will say something that is wrong at some point, if people would stop living to point out everyone’s mistakes it would make this forum better.

How you would go about implementing this I don’t know 😅 It is annoying though, sometimes I’m like oh is there drama in this thread? No it’s just Sharon moaning about the cultural differences in x which is why x.

Thats how I feel anyway :alpacaworry:

If people are sharing cultural context, and it's relevant to the discussion, and you don't want to hear it, I think that's just you being closed-minded instead of wanting to hear the whole story. 

Posted

If people are sharing cultural context, and it's relevant to the discussion, and you don't want to hear it, I think that's just you being closed-minded instead of wanting to hear the whole story. 

Yes you’re absolutely right, that would make me close minded, but I didn’t mean at those times, I meant when threads actually get derailed and there is no discussion about the snowflake. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Posted

Some people here telling stuff like "if you like x person you are as problematic and as racist as them !!!" and down voting any political opinion different to theirs is pretty sad to see ngl :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

And hypocrisis too. People here forgiving rap monster for his racist stuff because he apologized but will tell that another's persons apology isn't sincere :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

I just find it funny because the venus angelic thread used to be one of the most brutal threads here,and were around the time when venus was 15-18.

I remember some people were even fat shaming her then,people so were brutal towards her and nitpicky,BUT NOW if you dare give just a little bit of criticism about her you get attacked.

Posted

And hypocrisis too. People here forgiving rap monster for his racist stuff because he apologized but will tell that another's persons apology isn't sincere :alpacaheadshake:

Well I mean if Miranda apologized would you believe her? I mean I'm sorry but I can't even see her ever apologizing sincerely. I don't think she even knows fact from fiction anymore. 

Posted (edited)

Well I mean if Miranda apologized would you believe her? I mean I'm sorry but I can't even see her ever apologizing sincerely. I don't think she even knows fact from fiction anymore. 

Same goes for rap monster, what is assuring you he did that honestly and didn't do that just because his agent told him to do so?

Idk if you too can see what i mean

Because you know that when a drama goes for a celeb, it's the agent that, most of the time, uses the celeb as a puppet by using the words they'll say and what they'll do so everyone will forgive them. 

Edited by ////////
Adding stuff

Posted

I just hope the mods are wise enough to regard difference of opinion and understanding of cultural context because clearly we have people from many countries here, and I hope PULL users are willing to listen and understand these differences before clicking on the downvote buttons or dubbing an online personality as a snowflake or cultural faux passer. I've had way too many arguments on social media over things like "lolita fashion is a pedophile culture" or "white people should not be allowed to braid / get dreadlocks" and it's tiring. 

Posted

I've been lurking since 2016 and made an account in 2017 and have also noticed the shift in views in PULL. I honestly don't care because if I get downvoted it's not like I'm going to get banned because I didn't break any rules. But it is annoying to see so many threads go off topic or you get people criticizing really meaningless things and/or giving armchair diagnoses. But then again it isn't a big deal. I just stop reading the thread once it gets overrun.