• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Membership overrun with SJW’s.

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I went away for awhile and came back to find the site practically overrun with overly sensitive SJW’s that mimick the behavior of many of the snowflakes. This saddens me. I really hope, especially with new mod applications being open, that this can be better remedied. As a former mod I know all too well how reliant on reports admins are, but if there are like-minded people willing to do so, having dedicated thread mods who explore the threads frequently and can spot these people would help immensely. I know that besides a general mod, I was unofficially the dedicated mod for the Venus thread and we saw it was well regulated while I was here. If that could be a thing for at least the more major snowflakes, I think it would help a lot. And having more manpower I think would alleviate a lot of the pressure for mods as a whole. Again, being on the other side I recognize that’s a lot of work and maybe even some restructuring, but with great effort comes great rewards. Just sad to see what was a perfectly decent forum having its reputation ruined (well, moreso) from the influx of shitty members when I know the admins are actually good, level-headed people.

/2¢

Edited by Biscuit
Clarification

Posted

"let's call people names and talk to them in a condescending way and wonder why I'm being downvoted".

Get over yourself.

Posted

I do think Biscuit makes a good point, although I don't really agree on their choice of words. As a former admin, shouldn't you be knowing better?

Posted

"let's call people names and talk to them in a condescending way and wonder why I'm being downvoted".

Get over yourself.

Lol what? I don’t wonder why I’m being downvoted. I literally couldn’t care less about votes. But thanks for projecting, assuming, and proving my point :).

I do think Biscuit makes a good point, although I don't really agree on their choice of words. As a former admin, shouldn't you be knowing better?

Knowing better than what, exactly? Not all forums are created equal and therefore not all forums are moderated in the same way. As someone who has been here for several iterations of the website and back when John Doe was still an admin, this place was moderated with a MUCH heavier hand than I used to moderate. The language in which I use was common. 

This site was always a place to come be blunt with opinions. People who proved to be thin skinned and overly sensitive and SJW (like the term or not, that is the language that has always been used here) were banned back in the day. The site has laxed in many ways but this place was never a super “friendly” place. I mean, hello, the people in the topics are called snowflakes. This has never been a PC place and to see it becoming as such is disheartening. I know Nyx never wanted this place to be PC so I don’t know what went awry. That’s all I’m saying.

Posted

In my opinion, the way some people are reacting to this post just proves your point. I agree with you. It baffles me that semi and not so semi sensitive people choose to engage in a gossip site where they know people will have opinions in all directions - including directions you don't agree with. I don't say these things to offend anyone. I really don't. I just think that if you get that heated/upset over some of the things said here (excluding blatant bullying/derogatory words) then perhaps PULL just isn't for you. It was my understanding that this site was never meant for tip-toeing around feelings. :alpacafedup: 

Posted

That's a pretty high horse there, buddy.

I do agree to an extent- yeah, there's some sensitive people here, especially considering that it's a gossip site.

Posted

You know not trying to be an asshole but you guys are being sensitive mentioning the sensitive people. I mean just ignore them. It's what I do. I don't think calling them names and calling them out is going to do anything. If you don't like something either report the post or just ignore it. Not that hard. 

Posted

Lol what? I don’t wonder why I’m being downvoted. I literally couldn’t care less about votes. But thanks for projecting, assuming, and proving my point :).

Knowing better than what, exactly? Not all forums are created equal and therefore not all forums are moderated in the same way. As someone who has been here for several iterations of the website and back when John Doe was still an admin, this place was moderated with a MUCH heavier hand than I used to moderate. The language in which I use was common. 

This site was always a place to come be blunt with opinions. People who proved to be thin skinned and overly sensitive and SJW (like the term or not, that is the language that has always been used here) were banned back in the day. The site has laxed in many ways but this place was never a super “friendly” place. I mean, hello, the people in the topics are called snowflakes. This has never been a PC place and to see it becoming as such is disheartening. I know Nyx never wanted this place to be PC so I don’t know what went awry. That’s all I’m saying.

Oh, I see! I do agree with your point that most people are overly sensitive; but using condescending terms to describe them wasn't so nice. That's was just my point. And yes, this is a gossip site, not a place to fight for social justice every time someone's feelings got hurt.

I was just against you calling them names. 

Also, lol, you just proved your point. Ya got me there boi

Posted

Are you upset because this place isn't more like KiwiFarms?

Posted (edited)

i guess thats just the price of having more traffic coming to the site

more butthurt people 

i do agree that some threads have become really SJW-like though.. like 9_9

Edited by Neglected

Posted

Yeah, best thing would likely just be to ignore them- unless I'm missing something, it's not like they can be banned just for having sjw opinions. 

Posted

We are on the same site right? Cos this community is fine and people aren't SJW's for downvoting you

Posted

We are on the same site right? Cos this community is fine and people aren't SJW's for downvoting you

Rainbow_Girl kind of holds that SJW mindset though but I get the feeling that she might be a preteen or a teenager and has that rebellious attitude that she’ll grow out of.

Posted (edited)

While I have only been around here on a regular basis since early 2017, I have noticed a tonal shift and an increase in Tumblr style discussions. It's annoying to see a topic about a snowflake or online personality devolve into a off-topic blog post flame war about why a certain social topic is very important to a user, why their personal experiences have made the user care very much about this social topic and why whoever they're arguing with is a very bad person for downplaying their very important personal experiences. It's not interesting, and it ends up clogging threads.

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

ok, but what does SJW stand for? Snowflake Junior Warrior? Sad Joe Weeb? :ph34r:

I really don't know what the acronym means. :alpacacrush: