• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

YouTube Channel (SimplyKenna & cozykitsune)

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I thought that an important thing to talk about regarding Kenna is her YouTube channel, since that's how she makes money. I thought I'd separate her videos into the attempted series that she started and dropped, as well as videos that she deleted but have been reuploaded. They're in the Kenna threads but I think having them all organised here will help new members to have something to refer to without having to look through 5 different topics. Also will list the Kenna exposed videos for more references and why (in general) people are upset about her. Also I'm not sure, but I think watching them embedded doesn't generate views thus doesn't contribute to her channel? Correct me if I'm wrong.

NOTES:

• Videos are divided per category to make it easier to find/reference to
  • Videos are listed from newest to oldest in its category so that recent tea is seen first
  • If there are any videos that I missed (especially exposed videos, as long as they don't repeat the same content as those listed), feel free to post the link and I'll update this master post!

So I guess this serves as a reference to look for videos if you haven't seen before, and to comment on videos. Also comment about her video ideas and discuss what she should do. Without further ado, let's jump right into it!

cozykitsune:
cozykitsune is her new username, previously Simply_Kenna. Assuming that it's to leave her "old self" with all its drama behind, but we all stan a kween who keeps messing up. She has deleted most of her videos, so this makes organising the remainder much easier. These videos are separated per category and each video is in its spoiler so that you don't get bombarded with videos when you open a category. Makes sense? Okay.

• Makeup Tutorials & Hair:

Kenna used to do makeup tutorials. What's been often discussed regarding these is how she never shows her entire face when she's bareface, because she's so comfortable hiding behind her filters. Common issues are how she applies way too much blush, how her eyebrows don't suit her face and that she can't contour for shit (nor blend it correctly). What bugs me personally are her fake freckles. I have real freckles and they don't make me feel like a smol magical forest fairy.  She's done very few videos about her hair, but boy...her hair. It's been a pitiful mess every since she started bleaching it. The tea was hot when she recently got it done at Nalu for free and the hairstylist got negative comments on her IG about how horrid her hair is, when Kenna's at fault for not telling her how damaged her hair really is.

Going to a Hair Salon for the First Time - February 2019 (Aka "The Oilspill Incident")

Winter Makeup - December 2018 

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina / Inspired Looks - November 2018

Fox Inspired Makeup & Outfit - August 2018

How I Cut My Hair/Blunt Bob - January 2017

Pixie Makeup - May 2016

Deer Makeup - October 2015

Modern 60s/70s Makeup - September 2015

• Writing/Journaling/Poetry/Painting

Ah, the infamous poetry. Although most of her poetry has been deleted off her channel (the first video of her "Write Here, Write Now" series being Episode 3), there are still a few that remain. Although I'm not intro her poetry, I wish she would've continued with her bullet journaling. It gave me so many ideas about how to decorate my own...although we all know kween hates being copied.

Journal Guide No. 1 - February 2018 (Aka "An Actually Good/Aesthetically Pleasing Video")

A Painter's Process / No. 4 - December 2017 

[spoiler]

A Painter's Process / No. 3 - April 2017 (Aka "Where'd the 2 other ones go?")

Write Here, Write Now / Episode 3 - September 2016 (Aka "The Not-so-subtle Disappearance of the 2 Previous Episodes")

• Lookbooks

Just including them in case someone has anyone to say about them, but they're pretty...basic. After her lookbooks, all that she wears are that horrible white corset, the dress and her oversized brown coat.

Autumn Lookbook 2018 - September 2018 (Aka "50 Shades of Brown")

I Wish It Was Fall but It's Summer - July 2018 (Aka "Kenna's Fall Obsession Distorts Time")

Early Spring Lookbook - March 2018 (Aka "The Beginning of the Granny-style Era" featuring "Overworn white lace dress" and returning guest "corset-belt")

A Modern Victorian Lookbook - January 2018 (Aka "THAT DAMN CORSET-BELT")

Hogwarts Inspired Spring Lookbook - April 2017 (Aka "Having an Intro Page-flipping Winnie the Pooh for an HP video is kinda weird Ken")

Harry Potter Inspired Lookbook - October 2016 (Aka "The Pre-White Corset/Lace Dress/Baggy Brown Coat Era")

• Vlogs/Hauls

All I have to say is that her "Disneybounding" is downright cosplaying (genderbending) and that she takes up all of the characters' time, as if she owns the place. Now that she's in Japan, she has a 1k annual pass but doesn't seem to have went recently. Is she actually serious about her studies?

Leaving & Starting Anew - December 2018 (Aka "Yet Another Attempt to Reinvent Herself but SPOILER ALERT She Doesn't")

Yesstyle Try-On Haul - November 2018

Chp. One / An Attempt at Vlogging - October 2018 (Aka "Wait, those previous videos weren't vlogs??")

Japan Chronicles Ep. 2 / Tokyo Disneyland - May 2018 (Aka "Wait, Japan Chronicles & Travel Chronicles are 2 separate series?? Didn't she only travel to Japan??")

Japan Chronicles Ep. 1 / House Tour & Cherry Blossoms - April 2018 (Aka "Wait, wasn't episode 1 uploaded in September 2017?")

A Day at Disneyland / Christmas Edition No. 2 - November 2017 (Aka "Christmas Vlog Uploaded a Month Late")

Travel Chronicles / Japan Ep. 2 - October 2017 (Aka "Actually doing stuff in Japan")

Japan Haul - September 2017

Travel Chronicles / Japan Ep. 1 - September 2017 (Aka "Discovering Her Homeland")

Disneybound ep. 2 / Pinocchio - February 2017 (Aka "Where's the 1st Episode?" featuring "Cosplay ain't Disneybounding Kenna" and "Let kids time with the damn characters")

• Sewing/Crafting/Tutorials

Personally, I'm disappointed that she hasn't kept up with this. Although her sewing videos were really simple and that she doesn't necessarily use the right/easier methods, it is a nice tutorial to follow for sewing beginners, especially for patterning. Her channel would've been much more interesting if she kept up with the creative videos imo.

DIY Faux Leather Journal - August 2018

A Sewing Series Ep. 2 / Yer A Wizard Harry - July 2018 (Aka "Possibly the last video in which she looked enthusiastic")

How to Keep An Instagram Theme - July 2018 (Aka "Brown Invasion")

A Sewing Series Ep. 1 / Gingham Top - June 2018

• Tags

You know, those v

ideos all YouTubers do? Favourites, year review, house/room tours, what's in my bag, Q&As, current playlist...those things. Also including her "Guide to Japan" video because it doesn't belong in any other category, so just gonna smush it here. Her Airbnb tour was taken down when she realised she had doxxed herself, then put it back up when she moved into another apartment. Her "What's in my bag" video is the most boring thing I've ever seen, even Kween herself didn't seem into it.

Making chocolates & answering questions - February 2019 (Aka "I'm aroace so these are obviously for me")

What's In My Bag / Tokyo School Edition - January 2019 (Aka "Why Am I Even Doing This Video?" featuring "Not Kenna's Enthusiasm, that's for sure")

Tokyo Airbnb Tour - January 2019 (Aka "YouTuber Doxxes Herself")

McKenna's Guide on Moving to Japan - January 2019 (Aka "I'm unsure of everything that I'm saying but I had to upload something")

Annual Autumn Tag - September 2018 (Aka "Will she do it this year? Stay tuned")

Some Stuff I've Been Really Diggin - August 2018 

Autumn Playlist / pt 2 - September 2016 (Aka "There was a part 1??")

Edited by PinkiiPanda

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure if anyone can make a new topic or if a moderator/admin has to make it so feel free to delete and just copy/paste this or whatever

I thought that an important thing to talk about regarding Kenna is her YouTube channel, since that's how she makes money. I thought I'd separate her videos into the attempted series that she started and dropped, as well as videos that she deleted but have been reuploaded. They're in the Kenna threads but I think having them all organised here will help new members to have something to refer to without having to look through 5 different topics. Also will list the Kenna exposed videos for more references and why (in general) people are upset about her. Also I'm not sure, but I think watching them embedded doesn't generate views thus doesn't contribute to her channel? Correct me if I'm wrong. Videos are listed from newest to oldest, so that updates will be seen first.

So I guess this serves as a reference to look for videos if you haven't seen before, and to comment on videos. Also comment about her video ideas and discuss what she should do. Without further ado, let's jump right into it!

cozykitsune:
cozykitsune is her new username, previously Simply_Kenna. Assuming that it's to leave her "old self" with all its drama behind, but we all stan a kween who keeps messing up. She has deleted most of her videos, so this makes organising the remainder much easier.

• Makeup Tutorials & Hair:

Kenna used to do makeup tutorials. What's been often discussed regarding these is how she never shows her entire face when she's bareface, because she's so comfortable hiding behind her filters. Common issues are how she applies way too much blush, how her eyebrows don't suit her face and that she can't contour for shit (nor blend it correctly). What bugs me personally are her fake freckles. I have real freckles and they don't make me feel like a smol magical forest fairy.  She's done very few videos about her hair, but boy...her hair. It's been a pitiful mess every since she started bleaching it. The tea was hot when she recently got it done at Nalu for free and the hairstylist got negative comments on her IG about how horrid her hair is, when Kenna's at fault for not telling her how damaged her hair really is.

Hidden Content

• Writing/Journaling/Poetry/Painting

Ah, the infamous poetry. Although most of her poetry has been deleted off her channel (the first video of her "Write Here, Write Now" series being Episode 3), there are still a few that remain. Although I'm not intro her poetry, I wish she would've continued with her bullet journaling. It gave me so many ideas about how to decorate my own...although we all know kween hates being copied.

Hidden Content

• Lookbooks

Just including them in case someone has anyone to say about them, but they're pretty...basic. After her lookbooks, all that she wears are that horrible white corset, the dress and her oversized brown coat.

Hidden Content

• Vlogs/Hauls

All I have to say is that her "Disneybounding" is downright cosplaying (genderbending) and that she takes up all of the characters' time, as if she owns the place. Now that she's in Japan, she has a 1k annual pass but doesn't seem to have went recently. Is she actually serious about her studies?

Hidden Content

• Sewing/Crafting/Tutorials

Personally, I'm disappointed that she hasn't kept up with this. Although her sewing videos were really simple and that she doesn't necessarily use the right/easier methods, it is a nice tutorial to follow for sewing beginners, especially for patterning. Her channel would've been much more interesting if she kept up with the creative videos imo.

Hidden Content

• Tags

You know, those videos all YouTubers do? Favourites, year review, house/room tours, what's in my bag, Q&As, current playlist...those things. Also including her "Guide to Japan" video because it doesn't belong in any other category, so just gonna smush it here. Her Airbnb tour was taken down when she realised she had doxxed herself, then put it back up when she moved into another apartment. Her "What's in my bag" video is the most boring thing I've ever seen, even Kween herself didn't seem into it.

Hidden Content

Simply_Kenna:

Finally, the juicy past of our pancake fairy! Here are all the videos that she's deleted off her channel, but that others have kindly re-uploaded for us to see. These are not in order, since they are re-uploads so the dates aren't accurate, so they'll just be divided by category so it's easy to access and easy to refer to during discussions. If you found any more not listed, feel free to link them and I'll include them in this master post.

• Coffee with Kenna

Although she has said some pretty stupid shit in these, the concept of drinking coffee, asking her viewers to get their own mug and some snacks, and just talking about whatever was pretty good. I wish she had kept up with it, but she dropped these too. Although this time around, if she ever does "reboot" the series, it'd be Issho ni Hotto no Kokoa", right? (NOTE: The Q&A Coffee with Kenna are in the Q&A section, since she has made a few that are "outside" of the Coffee with Kenna setting)

Hidden Content

• Apologies

Ah, her famous apologies. These deserve their own section. The first one is her poetic bullcrap that's totally insincere, and the second is the infamous scripted apology that I myself fell for until the cat got out of the bag.

Hidden Content

• Plagiarism/"Original Ideas"

These contain all the creative videos that Kenna thought were original but either weren't or were blatantly stolen.

Hidden Content

• Tutorials/Reviews:

Her makeup videos were probably deleted because these actually show her whole face without makeup? Girl stop, you're naturally pretty, stop your obsession with Snow. As for the reviews, maybe because she's been called out about not truly being cruelty free.

Hidden Content

• Q&As:

These were probably deleted since they go hand-in-hand with all the Simply_Kenna drama, like her fake buddhism.

Hidden Content

Video embedding didn't work so someone teach me how and I'll fix it
Going to sleep now

you definitely need to include belle's one, it has all the stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mlwoB-Sd8E

Edited by nok
i dunno if the link works, im on mobile

Posted (edited)

I FIGURED IT OUT. Okay, editing all links so they should be embedded videos. Will also add Belle's video, I don't know why I didn't include it in the first place!

EDIT: Edited the links for the videos on Kenna's channel
Will edit the rest when I get back from work

Edited by PinkiiPanda

Posted

Now I'm mad :U

I'm used to coding HTML/BBCode but I hate how it automatically integrates the code? Like removes the tags so I can't edit them

Someone teach me how to insert spoilers in a spoiler so that I can organize this properly

Man xD; Hours collecting links and trying to get tags to work

I shouldn't have done this when I was already lacking sleep

Posted

newest video

Posted

Homegirl is losing subscribers fast. She’s at 898k now lol

4DA40D2B-4973-469B-ADF9-7A4779A06AD8.thu

Posted

Her last uploaded videos for you to enjoy under the spoiler ~ (btw, I recommend reading through her comment section (doesn't matter which video), it's gold!)

Posted

so I was wondering, what was Kenna's first video? How did she gain popularity?

Posted

so I was wondering, what was Kenna's first video? How did she gain popularity?

okay! Thanks to the wayback machine and a random channel who reuploads budget friendly make up tutorials, I think Kenna’s first video was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvduO2Nbkk4

I’m pretty sure she was getting popular on IG and tumblr at the time and people were asking for makeup tutorials and just more content from her.