• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Nitpicking Thread

823 posts in this topic

Posted

It's her own fault if we think she looks bad on candid, if she stopped presenting this fake version of herself, we wouldn't have a wrapped vision of her too.
Also, the bad clothes aren't helping. It's ok to wear an extra piece, but not several at once.

Posted

I was gonna add this to the main thread but I think it's too nitpicky so here's some random thoughts.... mainly relating to her IG story asking for hanami spots.

I'm so confused as to what her audience actually is and/or what she thinks it is...

like are most people who follow her now themselves in Japan or have been to Japan a lot to the point where they would know something like that?

Between the fact that she doesn't actually show much of Japan and seems to be trying to "act more like a local" rather than a tourist and asking stuff like this makes me think that most of her followers must not be that interested in Japan, either because they just aren't or because they are there already themselves to see it and therefore wouldn't care about what Kenna could show them

but I don't think that can be the case because she does still get comments (on her actual posts not just in PULL threads) asking what she is doing, has she tried Japanese cuisine, is she going somewhere other than Starbucks, etc...

so obviously her audience IS interested and she just doesn't wanna show them what they are asking for - I guess either cause she is lazy or cause she is trying to attract a different audience of more local Japanese people? I guess that would make sense now she is posting and speaking more in Japanese...

And yeah I do think she needs to be conscious of playing more to what her audience wants. Like I'm not going to care about what people want to see me post because I have basically no followers and my feed is just for me. But Kenna supposedly has a career built around her YouTube and Instagram so she has to have more business sense than just "well I post what I want and if you don't like it then unfollow me" because although that is valid to a point that is a really fast way to lose your "career".

And then she turns around and is always asking for video ideas and what to film? Like girl if you don't wanna do this as a job just don't. But if you do want to do this as a job you have to treat it like one to some degree, yeesh.

Posted (edited)

[...]

I'm so confused as to what her audience actually is and/or what she thinks it is...

like are most people who follow her now themselves in Japan or have been to Japan a lot to the point where they would know something like that?

[...]

And then she turns around and is always asking for video ideas and what to film? Like girl if you don't wanna do this as a job just don't. But if you do want to do this as a job you have to treat it like one to some degree, yeesh.

The funny thing is, she's constantly asking for ideas for videos but even on PULL (den of the ~antis~) we're constantly burying her under suggestions on the millions of videos she could make that would improve her channel exponentially. And that's not even counting the many suggestions and requests from her own fans. But evidently she'd rather stubbornly watch her own channel slowly die than create content worth consuming.

I have two tinfoil hat theories about why she keeps doing this:

1) She doesn't actually want to create content, but wants to foster the image of creating content o keep her audience waiting. I'd put good money to bet she asks for 'opinions' on what to film and post much more often than she posts actual videos. If her fans think she has their interests in mind and that she's going to give them what they want eventually, they'll be less willing to abandon her as she continues to disappoint. She'll get to the good stuff eventually, right?? She's just busy right now!

2) We've all seen how weirdly possessive Kenna is of the things she likes. I really wouldn't put it past her to be bizarrely possessive of her existence and experiences in Japan, and thus less willing to share them. By making posts like "where are the good, secluded hanami spots guyz??" (protip: they don't exist) even though 99.99% of her following is not in Japan, it functions as a reminder that she is in Japan guys. You aren't. Be jealous. This is even more obvious by how she seems to love when her WKs point out we're all just jealous antis because she's in Japan and 'we're not.' This is absurd, because all it takes to get to Japan is money. But I wouldn't put it past Kenna to think she somehow has a leg up just because she's in the land of the weebs, and she doesn't want to share.

Other theories ofc are that she's just lazy. Or legitimately thinks a lot of Japanese people follow her. Or maybe she thinks someone will reach out and she'll be able to make a friend. Who knows. But these are just the vibes I get from her behavior in the three months she's been in Japan so far, and either way she's shooting herself in the foot.

Edited by chaisah

Posted

legit. If people don’t agree with something that was said - quietly report it if you think it was nitpicking and then move on and change the course of conversation if you want. 

And the new story post of Kenna’s saying how she agrees with what we are saying: 

be specific Kenna or you could get yourself in trouble. 

Our recent points of conversation:

- fake aromantic and/or asexual (sub topic of fetshising gay couples and underage boys)

- is entitled and acts very poorly and unprofessionally in the comments section. Can’t handle the heat, so she shuts down the kitchen by deleting any comment that isn’t ass kissing or if the person responds in a way that says anything remotely indicative of them having working brain cells

- lazy content with little to no direction

- uses video editing software as evidenced by the marvellous ever-Moving-empty-picture-frame

soooooo...you agreeing with that all, Ken? Now, that’s a confession and a whole new YT video for a lot of people...

She obviously wasn't talking about anything here, she was talking about that specific comment. 

Posted

2) We've all seen how weirdly possessive Kenna is of the things she likes. I really wouldn't put it past her to be bizarrely possessive of her existence and experiences in Japan, and thus less willing to share them. By making posts like "where are the good, secluded hanami spots guyz??" (protip: they don't exist) even though 99.99% of her following is not in Japan, it functions as a reminder that she is in Japan guys. You aren't. Be jealous. This is even more obvious by how she seems to love when her WKs point out we're all just jealous antis because she's in Japan and 'we're not.' This is absurd, because all it takes to get to Japan is money. But I wouldn't put it past Kenna to think she somehow has a leg up just because she's in the land of the weebs, and she doesn't want to share.

yeah, I should've thought of that for her to be fair... you're right, she is totally possessive and likes to gatekeep things even when she has basically no claim to them... not surprising that she would do that for just ~being in Japan~

so her whole thing is presenting this weird image of herself, making people jealous, then getting mad when they do something similar because they were inspired by her content. classy.

Posted

. Give her credit when credit's due (for example, for trying to work on her Japanese), but for the love of God, stop policing the threads. We have the mods for that, and they've been doing their job damn well so far. If there's something you don't like, report and/ or downvote, and move the fuck on, or offer something new to get a new conversation going. The policing is getting worse than the clogging IMO.

oh my god yes, the amount of posts telling people off for whatever they're saying is ridiculous, just fucking scroll past it or report it, that's what I do, I don't care about her stupid starbucks addiction so I just scroll past until it gets to something else. Like I get saying her getting 84/100 isn't something to be proud of is a bit mean ( I think it's pretty good, especially for someone who hates education😂) but we don't need 3 pages of people saying it's mean/rude, it's literally adding nothing to the conversation. And people correcting her kanji/whatever is so pointless, like who cares??? At least she's trying.

Posted

Ever since the art thief/bullying blowout and her attempt at a rebranding, she has been posting even less on ig and dear lordy, her yt videos are as dry as a desert. I don't even know how she makes any money. (Aside from her parents/trustfund cuz how can anyone buy that 'I saved money, fam' talk). She barely worked hard then, now it is..just..no effort. 

And I've said this in the main thread but man, why does she keep the interesting photos on her stories instead of posting them on her feed?! Like freak, I ***live*** for kh, since day one, why not have added those kh hotel pics? B*&$%, are you purposely doing this for us on PULL, not actually going to much places except starbucks and 'school', have a weird territorial, gatekeepy thing for •°☆~Japan~☆°• that makes you not want to share pics of it??????

Sorry, got irritated by her and someone else (gothfruits, but find me on their thread). 

Posted (edited)

oh my god yes, the amount of posts telling people off for whatever they're saying is ridiculous, just fucking scroll past it or report it, that's what I do, I don't care about her stupid starbucks addiction so I just scroll past until it gets to something else. Like I get saying her getting 84/100 isn't something to be proud of is a bit mean ( I think it's pretty good, especially for someone who hates education😂) but we don't need 3 pages of people saying it's mean/rude, it's literally adding nothing to the conversation. And people correcting her kanji/whatever is so pointless, like who cares??? At least she's trying.

Agree lolll
Been lurking since thread 2, and some topics just spiral out into borderline WK circle jerkery.  Everyone just has to jump on the moral high horse, saying the same thing for pages. Not only that, they type ESSAYS
:alpacamad:!!! Just, like, roll your eyes & move on? 

so.. same friend posted and.. 

B613FB36-5551-423B-A1D8-92CB854EE1A8.thunotice that this time she’s completely posed (more so from the others in the pic.. but I covered them to hide their identities. We don’t need random people pulled into her shit) and covering her chin.. I honestly believe that her chin neck area is where she’s most insecure. And cutting off all her hair didn’t help tbh..

i also love the evidence of her NATURALLY GINORMOUS EYES. sure jan

ANYWAYS!

In this pic, her hair reminded me of Peggy Hill's hair, but a little longer haha xD 
Anddd, the more I thought about it, Kenna's & Peggy's personalities are pretty similar.  They can't take criticism AT ALL, false sense of superiority, is always just naturally the BEST at everything, & Peggy insists that she is SOOOO good at speaking Spanish and she's umm... not. (Japanese, in Kenna's case) lol 

Peggy Kenna.png

Edited by BitterSalt
Grammar & such

Posted

Peggy Kenna.png

Love it!

Posted (edited)

oof.png.0ae7e30ce6f71a3d43b19c08e0006c98Screenshot_20190313_230909.thumb.png.d04Imagine you were thinking out loud about someone while watching a video. And then all of the sudden, that someone suddenly talked to you behind your back like a serial killer.

IMG_20190314_054741.thumb.JPG.aec24a57b4IMG_20190314_054805.thumb.JPG.2eeea27a76

Edited by Chloe Price

Posted

I broke my arm a couple of days ago so I'm late on the tea. Tried reading to catch up but might've missed some things so I'm posting here in the nitpick thread to not derail the general thread. (Also thanks all those following the YT thread, I'll try finishing it up asap when my arm doesnt hurt as much!)

SO.

1) What's the "I'm surprised that she didnt try to work her way into this" thing about? Can't seem to find the source except that someone commented this and Kenna replied 

2) As everyone said, soap refills have been a thing, even for fancy scents

3) Nitpicking her Japanese BUT, even disregarding the tests, she shouldn't have made such a mistake. She installed a Japanese keyboard on her phone, and like in English or any other language, it has predictive text and autocorrect.

She might not know 私 yet? Maybe if she had to write it down by hand, but if she knows 語 (a kanji that has way more strokes), then she should know 私.

Also, when typing わたし, the first result that comes up in the autocorrect/predictive text bar is 私 . Same case with じょうず, 上手 comes up. If she wanted to brag about her skills, why didn't she use the other kanjis? Kanji she would've learned before 語, as you learn kanji with fewer strokes before learning those with more strokes? (Especially when they contain a radical).

The only one I give her is ぬ, because I made that typo before (although I still wonder how because e and U are so far apart on a qwerty keyboard but hey it happens)

Posted

1) What's the "I'm surprised that she didnt try to work her way into this" thing about? Can't seem to find the source except that someone commented this and Kenna replied 

A video about disney-bounding.

Posted

A video about disney-bounding.

That I got. But which one? Which YouTuber? What's the link?