• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Nitpicking Thread

1336 posts in this topic

Posted

I think that everyone who thinks Kenna is white-passing is basing their judgement off her heavily photoshopped images. Her videos also may or may not be filtered, but she can choose the lighting and angles you see her from. In candids that other people take, she clearly has middle eastern heritage. I wish that she'd embrace it and stop covering it up. The most recent image with her Elizabethian makeup is just too much.

Posted (edited)

Just posting here to not clog main thread but the selfie with her sister bugs me because imo you can honestly  tell she edited the portion of the photo thats her because it has this almost colour/filter/ however she edited herself is literally just over just her. Im not photo skilled but its almost like theres this colour over her. 

Edited by Stitches

Posted

I'm mixed on the lip injections. I agree that her lips have been looking unnaturally puffy. Her lips look like little sausages flapping around in the cottagecore tag. I decided to kill my time and make a timeline on her lips. We have others on her ever-changing aesthetics and noses, so I wanted to make a mini timeline to help people make their conclusions!

lip_evolution.thumb.jpg.37013c4f2c5cead1

From what I can see, her lips appear more full when she's talking to the camera. In lookbooks, you often see the lipstick line over her cupid's bow in an attempt to over-line her lips. She also seems to pout and weirdly stretch her lips whenever she's talking to the camera which could be to have them appear fuller? Things that have led me to believe she might've got them done are how her upper lip appears slightly fuller and, in her recent makeup video, looks like she has a lip injury which could be a result of injections. The fullness might be from the weird angling, though, and maybe she injured herself on her own.

seeing her real face is horrifying compared to the stuff she posts online... 

Posted

The difference is what's baffling, but generally I find her shoops much more horrifying than her real face lol 

Her real face is fine

Posted

I really don't like how she fills out her cupids bow to make her lips look fuller and "round". To me it just looks like she messed up and smudged the area around her lips with lipstick on accident, especially since her lips are naturally kind of "pouty" in a way that makes it really obvious when she overlines :alpacafedup:

Posted

Kenna, age 24/25, using all these terms to measure childrens' development (re: autism) and talking about how special she was in high school... 10 years ago is like that one guy who never got over being captain of the football team one year in high school despite being a grown-ass adult. Yes, high school was the time when we all were growing and learning more about ourselves and the world, but lots of time has passed since then and hopefully you've branched out in knowledge, opinions, and experiences as you grew older. She could continue to appeal to a young-ish demographic even without talking like that, provided she did interesting things for once. Heck, she could even grow with her audience and not have to worry about being replaced by someone younger and more hip to whatever's currently popular with young people and try appealing to the 20s women demographic, her demographic, who are more likely to share her interests.

Posted

Hidden Content

Kenna except she didn’t even live the glory days she’s referencing

I’m rereading The Picture of Dorian Gray and it honestly feels more relevant today (specifically to influencers). The idea that you are living art, and that art should be devoid of morality...

Hidden Content

Kenna except she didn’t even live the glory days she’s referencing

I’m rereading The Picture of Dorian Gray and it honestly feels more relevant today (specifically to influencers). The idea that you are living art, and that art should be devoid of morality...

Posted

Slight nitpick about nitpicking. I know people doubt that she's actually aroace because she fauns over guys, but you can be aroace and still do that. I'm on the asexual spectrum and there are fictional men who I adore, but I'm not sexually attracted to 'real' men. Its common for ace people to be attracted to fictional characters/celebrities since they're unattainable. Not saying she is definitely aroace, but just some food for thought.

Posted

Slight nitpick about nitpicking. I know people doubt that she's actually aroace because she fauns over guys, but you can be aroace and still do that. I'm on the asexual spectrum and there are fictional men who I adore, but I'm not sexually attracted to 'real' men. Its common for ace people to be attracted to fictional characters/celebrities since they're unattainable. Not saying she is definitely aroace, but just some food for thought.

but just a quick question, can she have sexual fantasies about them? because she keeps on saying she hates raunchy stuff and then goes gwaaah about steamy yaoi stuff or her animated husbands.

Posted

but just a quick question, can she have sexual fantasies about them? because she keeps on saying she hates raunchy stuff and then goes gwaaah about steamy yaoi stuff or her animated husbands.

Its possible. I guess its similar to what some of my past lesbian friends have said about fictional male characters; they can read yaoi and fantasize about them, but they aren't attracted to living, breathing men in their vicinity. Real sex is definitely different from fantasy. Its kind of hard to explain.

Posted

Its possible. I guess its similar to what some of my past lesbian friends have said about fictional male characters; they can read yaoi and fantasize about them, but they aren't attracted to living, breathing men in their vicinity. Real sex is definitely different from fantasy. Its kind of hard to explain.

Just my opinion, but she kinda reminds me of the weeaboo girls I knew in high school who were straight, but would go absolutely nuts over yaoi, to the point where their sexualization of gay men starts to gently tip over into the real world.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenna is the type of straight girl who sexualizes and fantasizes about gay men the same way a lot of straight men do with lesbian women. That being said, I think that Kenna is definitely attracted to men but prefers not to say so because being arocace asexual is part of her image.

Posted

Maybe i'm on the asexual spectrum as well and the way I see it shipping is kinda a way of rooting for a couple's relationship without feeling like you want to be in their place. Kinda like looking at an irl couple and be like "aww they are so cute. I wish them the best" and since fiction can depict more "interesting" or "intense" relationships than irl someone might feel a bit more strongly about them. The yaoi issue from what i hear is that people tend sometimes to like yaoi not with the only reason being that it's just some hot guys but they tend to like yaoi character dynamics because it feels sometimes different from the usual heteronormative couples we see in media(it's a guy and a girl in the same movie/anime/series so they will be together just because of what people of their gender must do). So yaoi(and yuri) sometimes it might explore some different issues like friendship or intimacy etc that might make the romance feel more genuine.That does not apply in the genre as a whole of course(some things are just smut) . I do not deny that yeah a lot of people just like it cause OMG HOT GUYS but it might not be the case for everyone.

Posted (edited)

Just my opinion, but she kinda reminds me of the weeaboo girls I knew in high school who were straight, but would go absolutely nuts over yaoi, to the point where their sexualization of gay men starts to gently tip over into the real world.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenna is the type of straight girl who sexualizes and fantasizes about gay men the same way a lot of straight men do with lesbian women. That being said, I think that Kenna is definitely attracted to men but prefers not to say so because being arocace asexual is part of her image.

I actually think the same way you do. Cause before her coming out video she had voiced her attraction towards male celebrities like:

6B8BB6C3-38F6-4915-9E20-86B82D63A955.thu5ddaca107fbaa_Screenshot_2019-11-24_simp

and they are stereotypical attractive men. I mean you have her swooning over a muscular shirtless man who, I would argue, its a photoshoot to attract sexually with the target audience being straight women. That and in previous videos like I think was an old Q&A where someone asked her if she would kiss a guy who isn't vegan and she said she wouldn't like to kiss a men who eats meat, implying then that she thought of that possibility of kissing a men than the act of kissing itself. I mean if she was aromantic asexual like she claims to always be from the very beginning she could had said she never felt a desire to get a boyfriend or date because she simply isn't interested in it at all so that question shouldn't be a problem at all for her since there wouldn't even be a possibility of that ever happening. 

Besides, she also acts and reacts towards BL the same way my straight cousin does towards it (and she's a crazed koreaboo). So when I saw Kenna I instantly thought of her so I may be bias on this opinion but they (my cousin and Kennna) seems like they are two peas in a pod.

also sorry for my English. I didn't check if everything I said was written in the way i intent to come accross and sorry for any spelling errors.

Edited by LaDoncella

Posted

I actually think the same way you do. Cause before her coming out video she had voiced her attraction towards male celebrities like:

6B8BB6C3-38F6-4915-9E20-86B82D63A955.thu5ddaca107fbaa_Screenshot_2019-11-24_simp

and they are stereotypical attractive men. I mean you have her swooning over a muscular shirtless man who, I would argue, its a photoshoot to attract sexually with the target audience being straight women. That and in previous videos like I think was an old Q&A where someone asked her if she would kiss a guy who isn't vegan and she said she wouldn't like to kiss a men who eats meat, implying then that she thought of that possibility of kissing a men than the act of kissing itself. I mean if she was aromantic asexual like she claims to always be from the very beginning she could had said she never felt a desire to get a boyfriend or date because she simply isn't interested in it at all so that question shouldn't be a problem at all for her since there wouldn't even be a possibility of that ever happening. 

Besides, she also acts and reacts towards BL the same way my straight cousin does towards it. So when I saw Kenna I instantly thought of her so I may be bias on this opinion but they (my cousin and Kennna) seems like they are two peas in a pod.

also sorry for my English. I didn't check if everything I said was written in the way i intent to come accross and sorry for any spelling errors.

Your English is perfect, don't worry :alpacacrush:

Yeah, even through her videos claiming to be aro/ace, I never took her for someone who actually was, and that was before I saw the videos and instagram posts or her swooning over stereotypical, attractive, tumblr-loved men including, but not limited to Tom Hiddleston. I know she's also made numerous comments and posts in the past shipping herself with straight Male cartoon characters like Jack Frost, Levi Ackermann, Danny Phantom, etc. Part of the reason I always thought she was so salty towards Katara is because a lot of people ship her and Zuko, lol

Posted

Moving this over to nitpicking so the regular thread doesn't get clogged up. I know there's a lot of debate over Kenna's real height and measurements, especially since she goes from "omg almost plus-sized hips" to "90-pound middle schooler aged 25 uwu" Here's the results for under 100lbs, 4'11" at mybodygallery. They round numbers a lot and you have to believe that the people are self-reporting the truth, but you can generally get a visual of how people are proportioned at certain heights and weights (or clothing sizes or body types). I'd recommend comparing with a candid of Kenna since she shoops her body from here to Mars.mybodygalleryKennasize.thumb.jpg.5253420