• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Nitpicking Thread

1266 posts in this topic

Posted

Here’s an opportunity for me to try to spoiler something for the first time and see if it works. Anyway, just had a peek, they do have jeans like that on YesStyle so I’m assuming they’re the same ones. 

Even though she’s an unapologetic YouTube affiliate, I noticed that she only occasionally tags her YesStyle clothes on Instagram. I wonder sometimes if she enjoys the benefit of engagement on her posts being primarily “Where did you get that?” since otherwise she doesn’t get the engagement she should with that follower count. And then, naturally, she almost never answers because it’s always the same answer. YesStyle.

Posted

I know this is off topic, but does anyone know where her pants are from? Im blocked. 

The ones in the "I'm feeling attacked because Disney closed down" post? She hasn't tagged them. She's only tagged her sister, Disneyland/ Disneystyle, and Mickey Mouse (yes, really)

Posted

I definitely believe she got her lips pumped. Or she’s either photoshopping them 

Posted

I definitely believe she got her lips pumped. Or she’s either photoshopping them 

i call pumped. during her previous eras (i think boho chick), she also used to get fillers. it's just that now it looks weird since she erasing her cupids bow. 

who wants to bet she'll botch her lips? 

Posted

Yeah, im not really sure if she should be traveling or not. The point of social isolation is to stop the spread of the virus. While social isolation doesnt mean any contact at all, or literally walling yourself in, it seems like she’s traveling to see her mother and sister. And while traveling in itself to get out isnt the worst thing, its the idea that if she is infected (which you can be asymptomatic) if she is going to see her family they could catch it and spread it to the people of their town which defeats the purpose of quarantine. I personally still go to the store, and i still have to work (so far), and i go on nature walks with my dog. Im pretty introverted though and see no reason to be visiting during this time especially when there has been cases around me of it and im not even in the worst state. 

(Just wanted to add my opinion). Its hard to justify if what she is doing is wrong. Idk. So many people are doing it and i find it dumb. But she also seemed to not care about the severity in the first place. 🤷‍♀️ 

Posted

I still can't get over the fact that she was such an asshole to Kaila. Granted, we don't know what happened behind scenes and Kaila might not be an angel. But from what I can gather, Kaila helped her get out of her comfort zone in Japan, took her to different places around Tokyo, helped her film some videos (like the Harry Potter themed picnic and Q&A), make content for Instagram (when they went to Tokyo University and the bike ride to the woods to promote Kenna's earrings), gave her ideas for Ilvermorny and went together to Europe. Also, it's speculated that Kaila planned  the trip (since she actually had to do some shoots/work while travelling), arranged visits to galleries/cool activities and Kenna was just tagging along.

Meanwhile, Kenna acted like such a brat in the donut video, never even bothered to tag her in Instagram pictures (which to a fellow influencer is important), called her ableist when Kaila couldn't even defend herself and NOW says that she has never received any help in her videos. I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way. The way she phrases her answer is just so petty and immature. A part of me wonders if Kenna was being such a jerk because she was taking her frustrations out on Kaila... or if she was just plain jealous that Kaila has a visa in Japan and has her life more or less figured out. 

B797E621-D15F-4885-8A2F-B23C8BFA52D2.thu 

ALSO... what about her sister? Is she now pretending that no one ever gives her a hand and she is alone in this world? She has such an horrible attitude and nonexistent gratitude towards her family and supposed friends. It's frankly baffling.

Posted (edited)

Yeah why the heck did she go to utah when people are being encouraged to stay home in california because of this pandemic. Lol. Is she really that un-self-aware? She could literally be transferring the virus to people in utah that werent previously exposed to it. Does she not know what asymptomatic means? Damn. I dont wanna be mean but... she lacks braincells. Hopefully she stays put in utah for awhile.

I follow a french musician with millions of followers who literally has been self isolating by herself and its hard on her mental health but shes still doing it for the greater good and takes pride in it... even doing livestreams for fans almost daily. If someone like her can do it i see no reason why a nobody like kenna cant pull through. Its like she wants to do the opposite of what people tell her.. 

Edited by Stitches

Posted

WHY.thumb.png.6287fe709c9092804851e2351e

This is such a bratty nitpick but it really irks me that every single time she likes a character, she HAS to say "I want to be cast as [character]". It's happened so many times. Snow White, Sabrina, Malfoy, Peter Pan, Sailor Saturn, you name it, every time she changes her hair and there's a slight passing resemblance with ANY character, it's like she's legally obligated to say that she's SO similar, she should be cast as the character in a live action movie. Is she fishing for a job? Is she trying to live through those characters? Are fantasies like that the only thing that keeps her going? AND it irks me that she thinks some external resemblance would be enough for her to properly portray a character. It probably ain't that deep but I already said this is a bratty nitpick lol

Posted

WHY.thumb.png.6287fe709c9092804851e2351e

This is such a bratty nitpick but it really irks me that every single time she likes a character, she HAS to say "I want to be cast as [character]". It's happened so many times. Snow White, Sabrina, Malfoy, Peter Pan, Sailor Saturn, you name it, every time she changes her hair and there's a slight passing resemblance with ANY character, it's like she's legally obligated to say that she's SO similar, she should be cast as the character in a live action movie. Is she fishing for a job? Is she trying to live through those characters? Are fantasies like that the only thing that keeps her going? AND it irks me that she thinks some external resemblance would be enough for her to properly portray a character. It probably ain't that deep but I already said this is a bratty nitpick lol

regular people: this character looks like me, I'm excited for a new cosplaying opportunity!

kenna: this character looks like me, so I should be declared as the only official real life representation of said character, only me and nobody else, now and forever and to the ages of ages, amen.

jokes aside, yeah, I think it's because her life is so empty. when she identifies with characters, in her mind she takes on their life experiences, and it makes her feel more fulfilled. I did the same thing... back when I was a teen in the throes of puberty.

Posted

And she doesnt even look like shirayuki any way. Lol. 🤷‍♀️ 

Posted

Almost posted this in the main thread but it's super nitpicky so here it is.

Kenna posted a poem today about her autism:

Screenshot_20200401-173916.thumb.jpg.b1f

I really really really wish Kenna would take some kind of English 101 class. "voice wavering, smiles aplenty." is a sentence fragment. "scorned when I'm 'robotic' teased for all my odd habits." is a sentence fragment and missing a comma. her usage of punctuation is all over the place. sigh. 

also she calls the poem "marionette" and makes no references to marionettes like strings or puppetry or anything. she only mentions robotic or being average/not herself...titling it "mask", "real me" or even just "autism" would be a lot more appropriate in my opinion...

Posted

kinda a rant

it's just funny how kenna is this hypocrite who believes she's the kindest and sweetest person. she literally has no struggles, nothing stopping her from thriving, from making youtube videos and making others happy.

but she's so excited about being oppressed and checking pity point boxes. she's POC, asexual, aromantic, autistic, apparently had depression and literally everything.

her parents gave her everything. jesus, im being petty, but my fam struggled everyday in a third world country with sometimes no food to eat in the night and sometimes my mother going "well, i can wear these pants another eight months so we can buy food" and she didn't have any other pair of pants and my sister being sickly because there was no food at all. we're doing better now, but we're insanely careful with money and help others as much as we can.

sometimes i feel "oh no, are we maybe taking it too far on her? maybe she wishes she had never ever done anything? what if she genuinely feels bad and has no idea how to turn back?", but then i see her being rude and condescending to her fans and when someone points it out she spouts so many fallacies and people just eat it up.

i think i'm just gonna email a drama channel, because most people just backed off when she said she was autistic. bullshit kenna, anyone with half a brain can tell. if this is how she sees autistic people, is this basically an insult? i'm not autistic, but this performance she's been giving is getting on my nerves.

Posted (edited)

kinda a rant

it's just funny how kenna is this hypocrite who believes she's the kindest and sweetest person. she literally has no struggles, nothing stopping her from thriving, from making youtube videos and making others happy.

but she's so excited about being oppressed and checking pity point boxes. she's POC, asexual, aromantic, autistic, apparently had depression and literally everything.

her parents gave her everything. jesus, im being petty, but my fam struggled everyday in a third world country with sometimes no food to eat in the night and sometimes my mother going "well, i can wear these pants another eight months so we can buy food" and she didn't have any other pair of pants and my sister being sickly because there was no food at all. we're doing better now, but we're insanely careful with money and help others as much as we can.

sometimes i feel "oh no, are we maybe taking it too far on her? maybe she wishes she had never ever done anything? what if she genuinely feels bad and has no idea how to turn back?", but then i see her being rude and condescending to her fans and when someone points it out she spouts so many fallacies and people just eat it up.

i think i'm just gonna email a drama channel, because most people just backed off when she said she was autistic. bullshit kenna, anyone with half a brain can tell. if this is how she sees autistic people, is this basically an insult? i'm not autistic, but this performance she's been giving is getting on my nerves.

Same. Sometimes I feel I am being too mean with her but then I remember she will turn 25 this year and see her still being an asshole to everyone around her, so I stop holding back. To be honest, I don't hate her. There's a little part of me that believes she can become a better person and succeed in life, but she just keeps digging herself deeper into her self-delusion and narcissism. At least PULL is one of the only places where she can't control the conversation. She can't silence us for not kissing her butt, so we don't have to go along with her lies or accept her lousy excuses. Since she lurks, I hope that some of the comments get to her and make her wake up someday. Although I won't be holding my breath. 

Btw I totally understand your frustration watching Kenna get everything on a silver platter, but I wouldn't want her life. Because of her privilege, she doesn't have a work ethic or any adult skills for that matter. She is frankly shallow and stunted. Although I don't believe her autism diagnosis, I do think she might be feeling depressed and lonely. Kenna is the poster child for the phrase "money can't buy happiness". 

Ignore pic below

Screen_Shot_2019-04-26_at_1.41.17_PM.thu

Edited by misty
Typos

Posted

Btw I totally understand your frustration watching Kenna get everything on a silver platter, but I wouldn't want her life. Because of her privilege, she doesn't have a work ethic or any adult skills for that matter. She is frankly shallow and stunted. Although I don't believe her autism diagnosis, I do think she might be feeling depressed and lonely. Kenna is the poster child for the phrase "money can't buy happiness". 

Seconded. I don't think Kenna is happy at all, a happy person with an actual life/ job/ education/ friends/ partner isn't hanging around on social media all day, picking fights, blocking people left and right, and trying to get validation from strangers by claiming to be oppressed in soooooo many ways (aromantic! asexual! autistic! allegedly depressed! half-POC! It's like she's working through the alphabet, looking for issues). Kenna has a lot of material possessions, and she can get basically anything she wants handed to her (I'm honestly waiting for a "I bought a house!!!!!!!!!!!!" reveal, probably shortly after the quarantine is lifted, bought by her trust fund and rich parents), but she's miserable. No adult could look at Kenna's history of posts and behaviour and deduce "this is a happy person".

Her latest antics, especially "Be nice to me uwu I'm autistic" is just her trying to get people to ONLY stroke her ego in the comments, because if she doesn't get validation from her ~fanbase ~, where is she gonna get it? She has no life.

Posted

That anime list is so basic, I honestly was expecting more from our anime queen. (Of course she has to say it is not updated)