• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Nitpicking Thread

1179 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I really think that the people complaining about how Kenna has her coffee should go in here rather than the main thread. It's just coffee, it's not that deep and i'm tired of seeing about it. I thought the main thread was for controversies or her shitty behavior but nah let's have nitpicky post after post about how her coffee is too milky or too sugary 

The discussion is truly dead over there. I can now empathize with how upset everyone was a few months back because now I can't even bring myself to read pages about there being potentially cultural appropriation with boho style of all things :/

Edited by AlfredoPotato

Posted

with all these new sponsors i wonder if maybe her “busy” was constantly emailing brands begging for sponsorships, because i can’t imagine all of these brands just happened to hit her up all at the same time after five months of her barely posting to her social media and constantly bleeding followers.

though ofc she conveniently made it sound like these brands are coming to her (“don’t worry i turn down the ones i don’t like” sure jan)

I'm pretty sure the entertainment agency that supposedly provides her visa is hooking her up with possible sponsors. As in they probably have a list of companies they have some kind of contract with to act as a middle man between them and the influencers. That's probably why it's required from her to do x amount of collabs/month.

I can actually believe that she really got that entertainment visa, but she's probably hanging by a thread. She's been doing youtube for quite a few years now, and still has a nice amount of followers (even if most of those accounts are dead or bots). But I'm sure they're not oblivious to the fact that her numbers are consistently going down, and that she hasn't been great at putting out (engaging) content for a while now.

So if I were a representative of an agency like that, I'd probably consider working with her as she has a nice pre-existing platform and reach, but I'd expect her to turn the tides, or at least stop bleeding followers with every vid she puts out.That would explain her sudden chase for clout by going back to her boho image and seemingly working on her content a bit harder, but also her looking clearly worried about how long she can keep that visa.

Posted

I think Kenna could improve a lot in her poetry if she took a class with her University, or simply began to read more of the style she likes, rather than just criticizing the ones she doesn't. 

She's allowed to have her own opinions -- even if she can't write for shit, she's allowed to not like a book as much as the rest of us who aren't directors and screen writers are allowed to dislike movies. But, posting a "this books sucks" post, and then her own very below average work right after...she's definitely putting her foot in her mouth.

Posted

I think Kenna could improve a lot in her poetry if she took a class with her University, or simply began to read more of the style she likes, rather than just criticizing the ones she doesn't. 

She's allowed to have her own opinions -- even if she can't write for shit, she's allowed to not like a book as much as the rest of us who aren't directors and screen writers are allowed to dislike movies. But, posting a "this books sucks" post, and then her own very below average work right after...she's definitely putting her foot in her mouth. 

lol agreed. She's so had at writing, she couldn't even compose a critique.

Posted

Goddamn, this bitch posts so many stories.  She's like a middle schooler when they discover Snapchat and 11:11.

Posted

tbh kenna needs a new blush and stop overdoing it on her cheeks. the orange blush is so overrated.

Posted

i'm honestly so tired of seeing kenna's ig stories, there's always nothing of substance in them and they add nothing to the discussion 

Posted (edited)

Don't wanna put this in the main Kenna thread but if anyone here sees things in Kenna's video that make them think "hey maybe I'm autistic??" I suggest checking out r/aspergirls. There's a ton of info there on it, tests to see if your hunch could be worth further professional testing, info on how to get through life and make the world less disabling for you, whether or not you even NEED to be diagnosed at any age, and more. 

And on another, more on-topic note, I wonder if she struggles with faces, and if that's why she can't see how crazy her shoops are on her face.

Edited by pilea
Adding the second bit

Posted

Don't wanna put this in the main Kenna thread but if anyone here sees things in Kenna's video that make them think "hey maybe I'm autistic??" I suggest checking out r/aspergirls. There's a ton of info there on it, tests to see if your hunch could be worth further professional testing, info on how to get through life and make the world less disabling for you, whether or not you even NEED to be diagnosed at any age, and more. 

And on another, more on-topic note, I wonder if she struggles with faces, and if that's why she can't see how crazy her shoops are on her face.

It's possible she does

Even if not due to her diagnosis she still might not be able to tell how extreme her editing is, a lot of people when they edit their faces for too long for a long time, sometimes they think they actually look like that.

Posted (edited)

I have never interacted, meet or known for sure someone with autism or I to recognize the symptoms so I'm not sure I believe her or not, I feel is not my place to judge. But I will feel like she's faking it if suddenly her future videos she acts stereotypical autistic either by behavior or speech (or both). Someone had mention she had the tendency to believe every level she self injected or someone describing her as and exploited it to the max (until forgotten about) so let's see... Like she wasn't boho or vegan, nor is she an intj, nor she is a indigo child (I assume since she never mention herself as such after that), so let's see

Edited by LaDoncella

Posted

Little rant about her "I'm autistic" video... the socks stuff...BULLSHIT.

Eyes always wet and looks like crying? wow she is really good at editing then. three years of videos and pictures in different types of weather and she's never looks like she's crying.

Taking thing literally? Bullshit.

Are the videos with her friends scripted too? she doesn't seems robotic or bored in instastories with them. She might be masking with her friends, but she ALWAYS sounds bored in her videos...except this one (what a surprise!) especially through the end. Wasn't this her natural self without editing?

Posted

Little rant about her "I'm autistic" video... the socks stuff...BULLSHIT.

Eyes always wet and looks like crying? wow she is really good at editing then. three years of videos and pictures in different types of weather and she's never looks like she's crying.

Taking thing literally? Bullshit.

Are the videos with her friends scripted too? she doesn't seems robotic or bored in instastories with them. She might be masking with her friends, but she ALWAYS sounds bored in her videos...except this one (what a surprise!) especially through the end. Wasn't this her natural self without editing?

The aspect she talks about right after the "taking things literally" bit practically negates and makes it very unlikely that all the expressions she misunderstood are true.

Being this functional and apparently good at masking, and not understanding that "bending over backwards" is figurative? It is used as a figurative expression 99.9% of the time, so pull the other one.

I'm not saying there's no way she could be on the spectrum, just that she's grossly exaggerating her traits now that she's apparently aware of it.

Posted (edited)

Posting this here because she obviously didn't make it seem like she drew those tarot cards and I really liked the idea of using them as a transition but ... idk, still irked me a bit lol. Definitely a nitpick though. But I genuinely liked her latest video! 

transition.png

fool.png

star.png

Edited by sulla_luna

Posted

Kenna using the wicca aesthetic because Buddhism was too old... 

Posted

I'm here to nitpick the main thread. Shit that needs to stop in the main thread (and many other threads in PULL right now)

Calling every criticism you disagree with a nitpick

Calling every compliment that you disagree with whiteknighting

Because let's be honest, this details the thread much faster than comments about being happy she's back to boho or comments about her hair ever did. 

That being said...I think she should cover Japanese horror flicks or haunted houses if she's at all serious about wanting to cover Japan and keep her aesthetic. Fitting her aesthetic into Japan would just make sense.