• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Nitpicking Thread

817 posts in this topic

Posted

But the general thread already keeps going into the same direction as before? The discussion about her current photo is super unnecessary, you can only say so much about her always wearing the same clothes and makeup and it's definitely not tea nor discussion worthy. I don't know, maybe I just don't see the gain of putting in that much effort (reporting, hiding, redirecting), if people will continue having unnecessary discussions and comments in the main thread anyway.

maybe because ppl still getting used to kenna's section? once someone getting annoyed in main thread because too many 'nitpicky' content and started to policing the main thread again, ppl would started coming here anyway. while it could made main thread quieter, it's better than having ppl said 334234902595 times 'the discussion is getting boring' and 'ppl is too mean'.

Posted (edited)

maybe because ppl still getting used to kenna's section? once someone getting annoyed in main thread because too many 'nitpicky' content and started to policing the main thread again, ppl would started coming here anyway. while it could made main thread quieter, it's better than having ppl said 334234902595 times 'the discussion is getting boring' and 'ppl is too mean'.

Or we could keep the main thread as is, and open a new archive thread for all the past and future drama that's actually major, which would be moderated more thoroughly than the main thread (which is already too cluttered for that). So newcomers and people who are annoyed by the nitpicking could follow that instead, and we wouldn't kill the fun at the same time?

(honestly, just come to the thread I mentioned in my previous comment, and give your input, so we have everyone's opinion in one place where the admins can see it)

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly

Posted

(also im confused about this thread. can we get some criteria on what is considered nitpicking? im foreseeing a lot of reported posts that people report simply because they disagree. if we had some guidelines it would be a lot easier to report the posts and know which thread to post in. newcomers will be confused and also every has a different idea on what "nitpicking" is)

1. A report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us "Hey, look at this".

2. There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions.

3. Nitpicking is any grievance with the flake's appearance or behavior that isn't really drama-worthy or interesting for other users to read. Of course it's still fine to post an update/screenshot when there's a hairstyle change or anything of the sort, but if you want to comment your opinion, it should go in here. General updates about style choices and appearance are fine in the main thread(s) because they pertain to the flake and are of interest because it's about her. Personal opinions regarding appearance vary from person to person and when everyone wants to give their two cents, the thread becomes unreadable.

Posted

2. There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions.

Ok, but if users hardly use the report function (which can be witnessed all the time when for example a wk appears). Then how do you keep the main thread neat and tidy without constant supervision?

I mean it's already turning back to nitpicking by your definition...

Wouldn't it be easier to keep a general thread, a clean receipts thread for people only interested in major drama (past screenshots included), and a "subforum maintenance" thread for complaints and requests?

Posted

Ok, but if users hardly use the report function (which can be witnessed all the time when for example a wk appears). Then how do you keep the main thread neat and tidy without constant supervision?

I mean it's already turning back to nitpicking by your definition...

Wouldn't it be easier to keep a general thread, a clean receipts thread for people only interested in major drama (past screenshots included), and a "subforum maintenance" thread for complaints and requests?

We're going to post a new announcement encouraging users to make more use of the report feature site-wide - it's really the most effective way to communicate with mods and we really need users to take advantage of it.

As for the organization of the subforum, it's not up to me, but I'm sure Nyx will have more to say soon.

Posted

Nitpicking but in the last photo that Kenna's hair stylist posted, Kenna's lips looks ridiculous and I can't tell if it's because she overlined or something.

Posted

Tips of the day: if you ruin your hair that much, just blur it! Blur it to oblivion! And avoid direct sunlight! because direct sunlight emphasize your hair texture and made your hair look crispier! 

k1.thumb.JPG.78aaf1350e56c42c9726b3dcbaa

seriously though..  i started to doubt the hairstylist's skill because she blatantly post doctored photos in her portfolio. I know kappa's hair is dead, but she's better not posting it than being dishonest like this

Posted

IMG_20190309_042343.thumb.JPG.763bc2dfed

Posted

I'm lowkey bothered by her current style. Is it vintage, 2011 ulzzang, taobao, grandmother chic? She should take a class on color theory and on fashion in general.

Posted (edited)

If you look at Lunestelle's followers there's basically a legion of them. Here's my personal favourite (I'm a proud hungarian now lol):

Screenshot_20190308-224934_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190309-010429_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-225428_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-225421_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-225406_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-225359_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-225349_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190308-225342_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly

Posted (edited)

What I meant is how long will she be vegetarian, not when how long she's been vegetarian. 

And that's what you said. It wasn't much of a big deal until you left a comment, "Why the fuck does it matter if she's a vegetarian or not!?" Sadly, the admin already deleted your responses to the person you're arguing with.

If you're in for a quote "it's not that deep, fam", why did you have to mention it was you? Funny.

You're banking the fact that it was deleted and cant provide proof that i said why does it matter is she vegetarian or not. I already said what was said and what i meant. I now see it was misunderstanding in the way you worded it. I dont know how long her being vegetarian will last, and we can all speculate.  Also funny how i was calling it nitpicking and THAT'S why the admin deleted it because i called it out and now here we are on a NITPICKING thread the ADMIN created because it was derailing the Main lol. Ask and you shall receive. Spoilered because this is OT, happy to have this nitpicking thread. And happy to admit what happened previously was a misunderstanding on my part, but you dont need to demonize someone just because they disagreed with you. chill. 

Edited by melancholy_thoughts
spoiler because it OT

Posted

If you look at Lunestelle's followers there's basically a legion of them. Here's my personal favourite (I'm a proud hungarian now lol):

Hidden Content

Freaking yikes to all these girls... I can understand liking this stuff (don't get me wrong i like HP, foxes, star wars etc whatever as much as the next girl) but why are so many people basing their entire personality off it? They have the same hair style as well and take almost the same exact style of pics, you could make an insta_repeat out of this stuff.

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Ahhh honestly, couldn't tell the difference between her and Kenna lmao

Eesh don’t know which thread to put this, but I’m gonna put it here to be safe...

I’m not sure if this girl has ever been mentioned before or confronted by Kenna but — Place your bets on how long it takes Kenna to come after this girl! Not only does she have the same aesthetic (but better executed imho), she’s a poet, a griffindor, a vegetarian, and a KITSUNE 😂😂😂 either I’ve found a bigger Kenna Stan than lunestelle, or its a shocking coincidence 

D848B441-4472-472D-9B11-7D72D867BE68.jpeg

This girl appears to have that same God-awful brown... thing. 

IMO, this aesthetic *looks* nice but it's so overused I'm over it. It's so boring now because so many people are doing it (which it totally okay and allowed) but it just makes this aesthetic look less... sincere? If that makes sense. 

Edited by alwayscurious
hhrrrrr I can't type words to save my life

Posted

Ahhh honestly, couldn't tell the difference between her and Kenna lmao

This girl appears to have that same God-awful brown... thing. 
IMO, this aesthetic *looks* nice but it's so overused I'm over it. It's so boring now because so many people are doing it (which it totally okay and allowed) but it just makes this aesthetic look less... sincere? If that makes sense. 

You cant even tell anymore who started this aesthetic or who's "copying" who. There's so many posts that are EERILY similar, same haircuts, hair colors, captions, tattoos, picture setups, themes. Its crazy... If anyone of them including Mckenna or Belle were to try and call another out for copying it wouldn't even work anymore because there's so many people doing it, but it still hits the uncanny valley with how similar everyone, every account, and every post is.