• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Nitpicking Thread

1056 posts in this topic

Posted

She's gonna do all this running so that she can justify all of those pancake and Starbucks breaks :haiplz:

I mean, if she's going to legit start exercising then more power to her, because any step in the direction of health is better than nothing.  But where'd she go running exactly?  I never pictured Japan as big on running outdoors, which means more staring on poor Kenners.  How is Japan in terms of exercising?

Japan actually has a lot of runners, and currently has more runners completing marathons than the united states. 

https://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/run-tokyo-run-how-japan-became-marathon-capital-of-the-world/87309

I agree that it is pretty unlikely she went from nothing and some walking to running straight for an hour. However, depending on how much she is walking around (disneyland or wherever) she may have some cardio strength. It isn't equivalent, as a pretty consistent runner myself, to walk a lot and then move straight to jogging, but she probably has some small base level of cardio fitness.

Posted

It looks like most of her transportation in Japan is either walking or public transport, so she might be getting some cardio in.

I call bullshit on the hour though.  Maybe like half an hour, which is more realistic and nothing to be ashamed of.

Posted

Japan actually has a lot of runners, and currently has more runners completing marathons than the united states. 

https://www.ozy.com/the-huddle/run-tokyo-run-how-japan-became-marathon-capital-of-the-world/87309

I agree that it is pretty unlikely she went from nothing and some walking to running straight for an hour. However, depending on how much she is walking around (disneyland or wherever) she may have some cardio strength. It isn't equivalent, as a pretty consistent runner myself, to walk a lot and then move straight to jogging, but she probably has some small base level of cardio fitness.

That's cool to know!  I'll admit that I just never took Japanese people for outdoors exercisers, perhaps because of the image of them as germaphobes and wearing masks.  

RIP

the first one could be cute without that corset-belt (it haunts my dreams and i wanna watch it die in a fire) but yeah...

That first one looks like it's too big for her, I thought she got everything in the smollest size?

Posted

Wait. I just connected the dots on something. That mushroom burger from Shake Shack is literally stuffed with cheese. Essentially like a stuffed mushroom that's breaded and fried. 

I'm confused. There's no way she didn't know that considering she's had Shake Shack before, and if she doesn't like cheese anymore would she not just eat somewhere else, or eat Japanese food (that tends to have less cheese)? Was her post listing her not liking cheese as an unpopular opinion just to get more people to comment and get her engagement back up? 

Theories anyone?

Posted

Wait. I just connected the dots on something. That mushroom burger from Shake Shack is literally stuffed with cheese. Essentially like a stuffed mushroom that's breaded and fried. 

I'm confused. There's no way she didn't know that considering she's had Shake Shack before, and if she doesn't like cheese anymore would she not just eat somewhere else, or eat Japanese food (that tends to have less cheese)? Was her post listing her not liking cheese as an unpopular opinion just to get more people to comment and get her engagement back up? 

Theories anyone?

I think she only likes processed cheese which all taste the same and have no nutritional value (colour me shook)

Posted

OT but saw this in my subscription box and it made me think of kenna, maybe she should watch it sometime lol

D05B58C9-C6B6-4EDF-B1AA-4B0B36A2F227.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I think she only likes processed cheese which all taste the same and have no nutritional value (colour me shook)

Makes sense. I thought she meant all cheese at first. 

Edit: She liked comments under her insta post that said ALL cheese was nasty which is where I got that assumption

Edited by 4thetea

Posted (edited)

I wanted to talk about her latest story post about her video: (adding it here since I already kinda mention it on the main thread and can be seen as nitpicky)

Her making a bento video would simply contribute on losing subscribers... Nobody actively searches someone make a bento box unless the person is a cook or a chef and she's neither of the two. What's next? Kenna recording how she picks up a chair from yesstyle aesthetically?

Edited by LaDoncella

Posted

I like the bento box idea, actually. It can be so satisfying to look at for some reason, especially if there's a creative twist to it. They don't even require cooking skills, she could just make some aesthetic sandwiches or basic rice figurines, like the one below. It could be a nice addition to her boring brown vlogs about her feet, but I don't expect anything more than low effort from her...

50a543f941c2f0a57969e93ba8c47f35.jpg

Posted

I can’t tell if until now she’s genuinely been too busy to film new vids or if she’s panicking about losing subs seen as she went under 900k

Posted

That's cool to know!  I'll admit that I just never took Japanese people for outdoors exercisers, perhaps because of the image of them as germaphobes and wearing masks.  

That first one looks like it's too big for her, I thought she got everything in the smollest size?

Slightly OT but the week I was in Tokyo there was a huge charity fun-run day thing organised by Diver City with loads of people taking part. So they definitely enjoy outdoors exercise as much as the next person in Japan. 

Posted (edited)

*just some more excellent video suggestions from one of her anti’s*

If Kenna wants her 900k back, there is a VERY simple way of doing it. 

Day in the life of a student in Japan vlog.

So easy! And she would rake in the views, with the potential of it being more viral than anything she’s posted in recent times. 

She wouldn’t even have to show anything about her school, if she is worried about privacy. Here’s how I’d do it:

- show some aesthetic “waking up” shots, and some footage of getting ready

- “hey guys, today I’m taking you with me through my day. Right now we’re going to Starbucks to grab a hot chocolate and do some study. This is what I’m wearing today.”

- some beautiful b-roll of Tokyo this time of year, train or commute footage

- Starbucks: ordering, some more b-roll and aesthetic hot chocolate, showing what worksheet she may be catching up on this morning

- “okay my class starts now, I’m not going to vlog in class for privacy reasons and because I want to focus but I’ll vlog again when I’m done in a few hours”

- finish school, explain what was taught that day, say what will be happening that afternoon

- do some activity, even if it’s just going to the store for food (or going on her run now that she’s healthy lmao), vlog that shit. 

- more opportunity for b-roll

- show going home and cooking and tidying up, do some study, or even show yourself watching some damn Netflix or anime. Whatever else may be in the night routine

- easy peasy lemon squeezey. Goodnight everyone. 500k views, no worries.

It’s honestly so infuriating that she’s this lazy. It’s a super easy video to do that would probably be super successful. And no matter what there is to say about Kenna, she has the editing skills to make it a super nice video.

People love to live vicariously through others and it’s an absolute shame that she isn’t showing off what her life is like so that people can be reminded of a goal they might be striving for (even if they have to work to get it and aren’t a trust fund baby). People love Tokyo, and she’s an absolute wackjob for not cashing in on the opportunity. 

Edited by Cyrillic

Posted

*just some more excellent video suggestions from one of her anti’s*

If Kenna wants her 900k back, there is a VERY simple way of doing it. 

Day in the life of a student in Japan vlog.

So easy! And she would rake in the views, with the potential of it being more viral than anything she’s posted in recent times. 

She wouldn’t even have to show anything about her school, if she is worried about privacy. Here’s how I’d do it:

- show some aesthetic “waking up” shots, and some footage of getting ready

- “hey guys, today I’m taking you with me through my day. Right now we’re going to Starbucks to grab a hot chocolate and do some study. This is what I’m wearing today.”

- some beautiful b-roll of Tokyo this time of year, train or commute footage

- Starbucks: ordering, some more b-roll and aesthetic hot chocolate, showing what worksheet she may be catching up on this morning

- “okay my class starts now, I’m not going to vlog in class for privacy reasons and because I want to focus but I’ll vlog again when I’m done in a few hours”

- finish school, explain what was taught that day, say what will be happening that afternoon

- do some activity, even if it’s just going to the store for food (or going on her run now that she’s healthy lmao), vlog that shit. 

- more opportunity for b-roll

- show going home and cooking and tidying up, do some study, or even show yourself watching some damn Netflix or anime. Whatever else may be in the night routine

- easy peasy lemon squeezey. Goodnight everyone. 500k views, no worries.

It’s honestly so infuriating that she’s this lazy. It’s a super easy video to do that would probably be super successful. And no matter what there is to say about Kenna, she has the editing skills to make it a super nice video.

People love to live vicariously through others and it’s an absolute shame that she isn’t showing off what her life is like so that people can be reminded of a goal they might be striving for (even if they have to work to get it and aren’t a trust fund baby). People love Tokyo, and she’s an absolute wackjob for not cashing in on the opportunity. 

at this point she should just hire you (or this subforum as a team, lol) to script her videos for her.

Posted

Ooh ooh I have an idea:

Actually make videos on a consistent upload schedule that are roughly 10 minutes long.