• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Nitpicking Thread

284 posts in this topic

Posted

Someone told me about this!!! And it came true! Ah finally! More caricatures for Kappa Kenna coming up!:DxD

Posted

Somehow the gigantic hairclips are giving me nightmares. They look abnormally huge with the small face. 

this is just a super popular trend in japan right now. you can find the big clips just about anywhere.

(also im confused about this thread. can we get some criteria on what is considered nitpicking? im foreseeing a lot of reported posts that people report simply because they disagree. if we had some guidelines it would be a lot easier to report the posts and know which thread to post in. newcomers will be confused and also every has a different idea on what "nitpicking" is)

Posted (edited)

Someone became upset when I commented about Kenna's vegetarianism, "Good for her if she's still a vegeterian. But how long, though?"

And then that person commented something like, "WhY D FuK doEs maTTer iF She'S STill a vegetaRIan!? Bla bla bla! Ya'll all WiLd!" So this thread would be really helpful.

Edited by Chloe Price

Posted

this is just a super popular trend in japan right now. you can find the big clips just about anywhere.

I know the trend. I see those clips around a lot. But kenna's clips kinda looks even larger due to her photoshopped head size. I don't know if I'm making sense but it's really something that I feel is redundant to mention (hence post in this thread).

Someone became upset when I commented about Kenna's vegetarianism, "Good for her if she's still a vegeterian. But how long, though?"

And then that person commented something like, "WhY D FuK doEs maTTer iF She'S STill a vegetaRIan!? Bla bla bla! Ya'll all WiLd!" So this thread would be really helpful.

Wouldn't that be more of being interested in different topics/ voicing on different ideas?

Unless you meant the person commented on your comment is nitpicking. 

Posted

Absolutely not trying to wk but idk if that’s what she was going for? When you have short bangs and pin them back like that, little pieces fall out sometimes. Mine do it and that’s what it looks like. You’re right about the gangnam unnie bit though, Christ. :alpacadone:

knowing her other photos didn't have that (look at her latest post), i assume she did it on purpose. And damaged hair is not elastic and have rough structure so if you pin it, it would stay in place like plenty bits that near her right clips. 

(also im confused about this thread. can we get some criteria on what is considered nitpicking? im foreseeing a lot of reported posts that people report simply because they disagree. if we had some guidelines it would be a lot easier to report the posts and know which thread to post in. newcomers will be confused and also every has a different idea on what "nitpicking" is)

yep. i'm foreseeing the main thread would be quieter because of this thread existence. not to mention last time so many ppl try to police the main thread with 'nitpicking' reason. this nitpicking thread would be like GG's trash a guru thread which is their busiest thread afaik.

Posted

I feel like the concept of nitpicking is pretty subjective. But if you have something to say and you think there will be people who will report you for it, then just be safe and put it here. I guess only REALLY big tea in the main thread?

Posted

There are types of nitpicking that are really subjective, as @Cyrillic said. However, I think you’re all aware that writing pages and pages’ worth of discussion on Kenna’s hair, Kenna’s clothes, something she bought that doesn’t quite make sense to you, etc., is nitpicking. Some people even start their posts off with “Not to nitpick, but...”

Nitpicking is anything that doesn’t actually make Kenna a horrible person or a snowflake, and is really just perceived as worthy of discussion because people are bored/don’t like her style.

This is a measure to keep the main thread all about that real tea, so, in order to know whether or not what you’re posting is nitpicking, ask yourself this before you post: “Does this make Kenna a bad person, does it count as tea?” If the answer is no, then you should look for a thread on her subforum (or make one) where you can discuss that topic without fear of not adding anything of value to the main thread.

Posted (edited)

There are types of nitpicking that are really subjective, as @Cyrillic said. However, I think you’re all aware that writing pages and pages’ worth of discussion on Kenna’s hair, Kenna’s clothes, something she bought that doesn’t quite make sense to you, etc., is nitpicking. Some people even start their posts off with “Not to nitpick, but...”

Nitpicking is anything that doesn’t actually make Kenna a horrible person or a snowflake, and is really just perceived as worthy of discussion because people are bored/don’t like her style.

This is a measure to keep the main thread all about that real tea, so, in order to know whether or not what you’re posting is nitpicking, ask yourself this before you post: “Does this make Kenna a bad person, does it count as tea?” If the answer is no, then you should look for a thread on her subforum (or make one) where you can discuss that topic without fear of not adding anything of value to the main thread.

awesome cool I'm pretty sure I just 100% belong in the nitpick thread then schweet.

so if the main thread is really just for stuff that makes her a bad person, do we need a separate "archive" thread to catalogue her insta posts and stories (since she is delete-happy AF) or do we just put them here and then the comments on them that made up the bulk of the main thread are now all part of nitpicking?

not sure if that made sense, but just trying to figure out how this will work since usually her posts get screenshotted and then everyone discusses it which seems more like nitpicking but then i feel like we should just have a clean catalogue/archive of her posts for posterity cause she always deletes so much shit.

Edited by someoneawful
wording

Posted

Wouldn't that be more of being interested in different topics/ voicing on different ideas?

Unless you meant the person commented on your comment is nitpicking. 

Well, judging from their actions, that person likes to argue at everything and I never spoke to them. When they saw my comment, they became ridiculously upset and left that comment I posted above. Very egotistical and boastful.

Posted

ok this actually sounds pretty nice. 

topics i'd love to see not touched on so much in the general thread are her height, her weight, buddhism, and her vegan/vegetarianism. those topics are beat to death and no new tea has become available in a really long time. i dont mind discussion on her hair so much but i suppose that would fit more into this category.

Posted (edited)

So let me get this straight: this thread is for discussion about topics that are beaten to death and overdone critiques/nitpicking right? While the general thread is for more important stuff right? 

Edited by PlanetVenus

Posted

So let me get this straight: this thread is for discussion about topics that are beat to death and overdone critiques/nitpicking right? While the general thread is for more important stuff right? 

That is correct.

Posted

I literally do not understand the whole empty picture frame behind her thing. Wat?

it pictures her hopes and dreams

Posted

But the general thread already keeps going into the same direction as before? The discussion about her current photo is super unnecessary, you can only say so much about her always wearing the same clothes and makeup and it's definitely not tea nor discussion worthy. I don't know, maybe I just don't see the gain of putting in that much effort (reporting, hiding, redirecting), if people will continue having unnecessary discussions and comments in the main thread anyway.

Posted

Just reposting my PSA here too, in order to reach more people (uh):

Hey everyone! If you're not entirely pleased with the current format of the subforum, please give your input in the ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE thread, as I haven't seen a lot of people over there, but I have seen a bunch of people having some great ideas on the matter in other threads. We could even initiate a poll or something, so our opinions would be taken into account.