• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Nitpicking Thread

1025 posts in this topic

Posted

Kenna got one of those purse hangers from yesstyle using her sponsorship/whatever and featured them in her most recent homewares haul. I was bored and browsing for some travel organizers and I found them on aliexpress for $0.60 usd, whereas they are $4.90 usd on yesstyle.

The designs are basically identical but there are more color options on aliexpress. It would be a ripoff if she wasn't getting them for free.

Posted

Kenna got one of those purse hangers from yesstyle using her sponsorship/whatever and featured them in her most recent homewares haul. I was bored and browsing for some travel organizers and I found them on aliexpress for $0.60 usd, whereas they are $4.90 usd on yesstyle.

The designs are basically identical but there are more color options on aliexpress. It would be a ripoff if she wasn't getting them for free.

Well that's Yesstyle for you. Basically everything they sell you can find at any cheap asian online retailer like aliexpress for quarter the price.

Unless you want the luxury of instagram girls pushing the item in your face, and a less scammy looking website - then go for Yesstyle, I guess.

Posted

Well that's Yesstyle for you. Basically everything they sell you can find at any cheap asian online retailer like aliexpress for quarter the price.

Unless you want the luxury of instagram girls pushing the item in your face, and a less scammy looking website - then go for Yesstyle, I guess.

This! I cant believe people still use yesstyle and similar sites when they could just screenshot the item and find the same one cheaper on aliexpress.

Even if you pick more expensive shipping on aliexpress, the item is usually cheaper and you get it faster than from yesstyle.

Posted (edited)

We Stan a humble queen

Also, I called it that the next video would be a lookbook 😂 how predictable can you be?

D5D417E6-A734-44DB-ADFB-4C038BC72667.png

5F6610E4-76D2-4F94-AA91-AAC0A5D651D9.png

Edited by Cyrillic

Posted

I am rolling my eyes the whole time listening to her review and wondering if we were watched the same movie. By the last part why she talked about the "forced romo", it's obvious she knew nothing about the actual captain marvel. Granted, the mcu and comic universe aren't the same, it's still clear that she made her review as a blind person unknown to the comic.

Posted

I never saw this story, but this bothers me so much.

i get that she’s a homebody and all, but it doesn’t take that much for her to explore where she is?? The weather seems to be getting nicer seeing as she’s wearing skirts already so honestly, it wouldn’t take much for her to just walk a different route home to find some different shops, or to explore even her favourite place, harajuku, for “kawaiee” sneakers. Or if she wants proper running shoes, I’m sure there’s a shoe store she could look up.

the expat life is really difficult to be honest, and she really isn’t the type of person to pick herself up by her bootstraps when things get difficult. I think we’re finally starting to see the cracks as she loses followers and subscribers by the day, her asking people to message her about things they know, looking for a companion in Japan. It’s just sad to watch. 

(But also equally fun to watch because it’s not me and doesn’t affect me at all)

Right? There are literally sooo many places in the areas she typically seems to go to. Like open your eyes, girl. I know for a fucking fact there's tons of shoe places on takeshita dori and by the river in meguro. 

I wonder if she, like many jvloggers, will fall into the gaijin bubble trap...she seems to be well on her way. Sticking to the same "safe" places and avoiding going off the beaten path is a surefire way to become that guy.

Posted

y1.thumb.png.e33e6b0dc899fdce08eebe9ab8f

y2.thumb.png.9cefeacad46a896467f1304d750

Nitpick-ception game on Kenner's main thread is strong.

Congrats mate on jumping onto the high horse, very cool. It only took you almost 3 years and 122 posts.

:happee:

Posted

Congrats mate on jumping onto the high horse, very cool. It only took you almost 3 years and 122 posts.

Are you saying that this is Kenna? I am confuse

Posted

Are you saying that this is Kenna? I am confuse

a wk probably who knows i'm even confuse myself.

Posted

Now I feel suspicious about this.

Posted

Nah they have been very active in the Kenna thread in the past, so not Kenna herself or a wk. Just another user acting elitist towards other users all of a sudden, I think

Posted

a wk probably who knows i'm even confuse myself.

Me too like they've been here for 3 years + (I think) it seems odd all of a sudden

Posted

Those BIG EYES, that BUTTON NOSE. 😱 imagine just being born with such naturally big eyes and a small nose. So lucky.

885991F2-D944-438B-A27E-8F48FFBD3042.png

Posted

Since I can’t say this in the main thread or I’ll get downvoted to hell again, I am still confused that despite her.. uncommon style she’s actually self conscious about being stared at, sure nobody likes being stared at but with Kenna looking like that on the daily I thought she didn’t care about it...