• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Nitpicking Thread

668 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"Absolutely loved it, it was amazing" 

She was worried Captain Marvel would bother her because Marvel tends to write female characters as "cringey", cliche, angsty and temperamental (this is rich coming from Kenna). 

She also mentioned that it's nice how it ties into other Marvel movies. She recommends everyone see it.

Lastly she loved that there was no romance or forced love interest. 

Some of the lines that she put tons of her weird inflection/emphasis on:

She saw it immediately "OF COURSE," "who WOULDN'T like that movie?" "The storyline, and the action, and the acting and the characters were all TEN OUT OF TEN" 

Since this is the true general discussion thread, I'm gonna respond here to her stories cos why the heck not? (I myself am not trying to spoil the movie here, but just in case I'm putting it all into a spoiler still!! So movie discussion below, avoid if you haven't seen it yet)

Honestly, she spoiled a bit despite saying NO SPOILERS so there's that. But, nothing most people already expected. (Low key the cgi on my man sam kept throwing me off, it looked like video game footage to me BUT NO BIG DEAL THIS IS NOT THE PLACE PILEA COME ON.) 

I won't go into all my own opinions of the show, but she says that anyone could see it no problem because it starts at the "very start" of the avengers timeline but uh no, that's captain america isn't it? like, aren't there at least 2 that take place before the 90s? But this is kenna, i can't expect her to actually know the stuff most fans know about something. If seeing how stuff ties in together within the Marvel universe is truly her fav thing about Marvel videos, I feel like she should know this, but ok.

She said there was nothing cringey about the character or her lines but girrrrrlllll i was rolling my eyes and inwardly going "ehhhhh" throughout the whole thing. Sure, Marvel is taking some proper steps finally but uhhhhh too little too late you know? There were some clearly pandering lines and it bothered me. There were plenty of cringy lines from brie's character. Also, Captain Marvel was a liiiiittle bit angsty. /////: But not as bad as black widow I suppose.

I guess I just mostly disagreed with the points she made in the stories. 

As for her "rioting" if there were any forced "romo" as she kept calling it, idk. I was confused and disappointed when I found out the person I thought she had a history with... well, didn't. It felt very THEYRE JUST FRIENDS GUYS DON'T WORRY WE ARENT LGBTQ YET, ALL OUR OLD BABY BOOMER DISNEY FANS.

Edited by pilea
lol i forgot the keyword NOT in "i'm NOT trying to spoil the movie here"

Posted

does sis not realize that google is a thing?
also she really sounds like a child who cant do anything for herself??? she really needs someone to hold her hand to do everything doesnt she?
why doesnt she just order online? she could amazon any kind of shoe she wants to her apartment so i dont really understand the problem.

Posted (edited)

Fuck, she actually can’t do anything herself, can she?? Or maybe she’s just legit that desperate to have someone message her, because she has no friends

70C98D83-00C7-427E-9202-9A952A4FFF22.png

tokyo has a shit ton of stores that sell shoes. literally every corner of harajuku + they carry a variety of brands so idk what she’s onto 

Edited by suspicious plant

Posted

inb4 next yesstyle haul video: athletic edition

i'm very confused as to where this running thing is coming from but it would be very good for her health and lifestyle so hey hope she sticks with it. does tokyo disney do a rundisney marathon? maybe that's why.

Posted

Taken from Mikans story. I wonder if kenna will go to the little meet up?(Not shading, I'm actually curious since it seems like a nice idea 😂)

Screenshot_20190316-140904.thumb.png.719

Posted

kenna there is our internet best friend called google that you can ask. there is amazon that you can buy from, what more do you want? do you want someone to do it for you like your personal assitant? jfc.

Posted (edited)

Fuck, she actually can’t do anything herself, can she?? Or maybe she’s just legit that desperate to have someone message her, because she has no friends

Is she dumb? Has she been SO sheltered her entire life she doesn't know major cities have tons and tons of regular shoe stores where you can buy cheap running shoes? Does she want to remind her followers that she's indeed still in Tokyo? Why can't she ask her classmates? Kenna, we know you don't go outside unless it's for Starbucks, Disneyland or pancake shops but how about you... I don't know... Just explore the city??? You'll be amazed what you can find. All she's been doing on her instagram lately is asking people to do her work for her. 

Edited by Plastic

Posted

I never saw this story, but this bothers me so much.

i get that she’s a homebody and all, but it doesn’t take that much for her to explore where she is?? The weather seems to be getting nicer seeing as she’s wearing skirts already so honestly, it wouldn’t take much for her to just walk a different route home to find some different shops, or to explore even her favourite place, harajuku, for “kawaiee” sneakers. Or if she wants proper running shoes, I’m sure there’s a shoe store she could look up.

the expat life is really difficult to be honest, and she really isn’t the type of person to pick herself up by her bootstraps when things get difficult. I think we’re finally starting to see the cracks as she loses followers and subscribers by the day, her asking people to message her about things they know, looking for a companion in Japan. It’s just sad to watch. 

(But also equally fun to watch because it’s not me and doesn’t affect me at all)

Posted

where to find brains in tokyo that isn't dumb? anybody?

Posted

In Kenna's most recent story about how she looks like the teacher from "over the garden wall", do you think intentionally does that to try and get someone to notice so she can act all special or do you think it's unintentional?

Honestly curious - not trying to be mean.

Posted

I just hope she’s not gonna try to wear athletic shoes with her granny outfits. Usually that combo works on normal people (the juxtaposition is 👌) but Kenna goes overboard with her granny-fication. 

Posted

In Kenna's most recent story about how she looks like the teacher from "over the garden wall", do you think intentionally does that to try and get someone to notice so she can act all special or do you think it's unintentional?

Honestly curious - not trying to be mean.

in this case I think it may be unintentional but generally I do think she does it so someone can point it out, we’ve seen her trying to be any character that barely resembles her (like sailor Saturn literally just for the hair length and colour)

Posted

s2g this girl spends more time editing her stories to fit her aesthetic rather than just googling what she wanted to ask in the first place 

Posted

Taken from Mikans story. I wonder if kenna will go to the little meet up?(Not shading, I'm actually curious since it seems like a nice idea 😂)

Screenshot_20190316-140904.thumb.png.719

I was planning on being in Yoyogi Park that Saturday 🤔🤔

Posted

s2g this girl spends more time editing her stories to fit her aesthetic rather than just googling what she wanted to ask in the first place 

I bet Kenna is one of those types of people who don't look past the first page of a google search.