• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Nitpicking Thread

929 posts in this topic

Posted

She could potentially be buying likes on some of her posts, too. I don’t think she’s dumb enough to buy comments, because it is always blatantly obvious. But it’s harder to tell with likes sometimes. 

But yes, I agree with @someoneawful that people probably just follow her for the aesthetic and don’t actually know much about her. For example, I always see a lot of comments on her posts that are along the lines of “are you in Japan?” Or “what are you studying/what university do you do to?” So, to me, it’s quite evident that a chunck of her followers on Instagram don’t interact with her YouTube persona, and probably just found her by coincidence on Insta. 

As someone who didn't know about her existence until last week, I confess I started following her because a mutual liked a photo of her and now, oh boy... look where I am!

I mean, kudos for her because moving to a foreign country is very intimidating, but that girl is delusional and it seems to me like she doesn't have any plans for her future. It's like she expect things to work out fine even when she doesn't put any effort on them. I understand she's living off her trust fund, but she should be making more content now that she finally has something interesting to show. Even vlogs would be a good thing to try and engage her followers: show the city, show the stores, it doesn't take much. 

I wonder if she even sees her numbers dropping, or if she's so immersed in this wonderland where everything is sakura trees and "my aesthethic tokyo apartment" to bother.

Posted

Hidden Content

Am I being stupid, or did her pink streak just have a funeral? It's hard to see it on any of her new "content"

I think we got bamboozled because the first time we saw her new hair she added new streaks of pinks and lavender, which was not true to the original color.... it's honestly possible that it was so fried that it fell off by itself

Posted

I think we got bamboozled because the first time we saw her new hair she added new streaks of pinks and lavender, which was not true to the original color.... it's honestly possible that it was so fried that it fell off by itself

It could be a variety of things, honestly.  Could be that her hair wasn't bleached enough to keep the color long (she'd need to bleach it for truly vibrant color since she has dark hair naturally).  I had a friend who had dark black hair and she tried getting it dyed grey... didn't even last a full two weeks before it faded.  She possibly could have even just had one of those clip ons in for a bit of fake color!  Who knows.

Posted

Hidden Content

I also got that vibe that she only likes/cares about male characters, and I'm pretty sure it ties in with her "not like other girls" complex, but I kind of see where she came from with her dislike for girl groups in kpop.

For me it was actually the opposite: I only liked girl groups in the beginning and felt pretty meh about the not very masculine, stuck in the 90s boy group thing. They eventually grew on me, and it's no longer how I see them, but when you first get into kpop it's often hard to see the differences between the individual groups' style, and it can feel like everyone's just pushing the same concept.

Posted

at this point I'm pretty sure that even those people who would generally unfollow her looking at how boring and rude she's become won't do it because she simply doesn't post frequently enough for them to even notice she still exists somewhere out there

Posted

at this point I'm pretty sure that even those people who would generally unfollow her looking at how boring and rude she's become won't do it because she simply doesn't post frequently enough for them to even notice she still exists somewhere out there

straight-up this is what happened with my friend. It wasn't until I casually mentioned her that she went to creep her IG and was all "oh, I didn't even realize I followed her". Kenna lucked out gaining lots of subs/followers years ago, her luck is running out. 

Posted

71B9CEE2-A062-414D-9620-63296E85F6FA.thu

i am ready for the gremlin comments to roll in

we stan a deluded, disproportionate kween 

what the hell is even that

Posted

Hidden Content

It's ironic how she only cares about/likes males seeing as she stresses HOW ARO-ACE she is. And how REPULSED she is by the idea of sex yet she basicaly DROOLS over male characters or even real people for that matter (as long as they're male with the exception of well-known females whose asses she kisses to try and get them to do her bidding) 

Posted

sorry this is OT but am I the only one who is really getting super annoyed with everyone complaining about every single thing about the forums?? like i get it it’s annoying to see pages about literally nothing but little things but we see kenickle really isn’t doing much so what do you expect? all the arguing is making me not even want to get on the regular thread anymore 

you're not alone, friend. It's not like this in the past threads and now I'm a bit surprised almost everyone is complaining/arguing about this and that. because of this, I don't know anymore if which one nitpick or not. You will be called out endlessly apparently. 

i have a feeling like there's someone who'd like to mess with us to ruin our thread.

Posted

71B9CEE2-A062-414D-9620-63296E85F6FA.thu

i am ready for the gremlin comments to roll in

we stan a deluded, disproportionate kween 

I’m sorry, but I have to just drop in for this.  There is something about this photo that just looks odd.  I’m trying to decide whether it’s the helmet hair, duck face or shoop.  It’s likely a combination of all.  It’s unsettling- like a cursed image.

Posted

you're not alone, friend. It's not like this in the past threads and now I'm a bit surprised almost everyone is complaining/arguing about this and that. because of this, I don't know anymore if which one nitpick or not. You will be called out endlessly apparently. 

i have a feeling like there's someone who'd like to mess with us to ruin our thread.

yes! It’s awful how some things are okay but aren’t “key to the flakes drama” and others are downvoted to hell and back for the same reason. Until this whole mess is either clarified or settled down, I’ll just camp here with the other “nitpickers”.

Posted (edited)

sorry this is OT but am I the only one who is really getting super annoyed with everyone complaining about every single thing about the forums?? like i get it it’s annoying to see pages about literally nothing but little things but we see kenickle really isn’t doing much so what do you expect? all the arguing is making me not even want to get on the regular thread anymore 

IDK & people will probably just ignore this like all the other similar comments lol! But...

I think a good system would be main thread for just kenna CONTENT & this thread for COMMENTS?

Like go to the main thread for fresh tea, then come here to discuss the flavor? If that makes sense. :alpacawink: 

Cos technically, everything is nitpicky at the moment, since she's not really doing much.  Idk, but I actually LOVE this nitpick thread! Everyone can bitch, and we can skip as many comments/pages as we want without missing the big stuff.  Just my opinion on the matter :P 

Anywho, she posted this photo of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel or w/e... and idk why, but the "A babe" strikes me as weird for her lol?

The only women I've ever seen her compliment are her personal friends and that Mei chick she's stalking.  And even then, it's always "goddess", "queen", that kinda stuff, not anything based on attractiveness, like "hot", "sexy", etc.  Like, that random chick on her lock screen is mega pretty, but she didn't even say anything, just tagged her...

I just don't get why she added that in, unless she's trying to show us "SeeEEee, I like girl characters, toooOOOo!"? 

IMG_0091.jpg

Edited by BitterSalt
added spoilers cos it merged my posts c:

Posted

Hidden Content

Anywho, she posted this photo of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel or w/e... and idk why, but the "A babe" strikes me as weird for her lol?

The only women I've ever seen her compliment are her personal friends and that Mei chick she's stalking.  And even then, it's always "goddess", "queen", that kinda stuff, not anything based on attractiveness, like "hot", "sexy", etc.  Like, that random chick on her lock screen is mega pretty, but she didn't even say anything, just tagged her...

I just don't get why she added that in, unless she's trying to show us "SeeEEee, I like girl characters, toooOOOo!"? 

IMG_0091.jpg

maybe because the film is part of Disney?

Posted

Hidden Content

IMG_0091.jpg

On the off chance that she is reading PULL and therefore cribbing ideas from the forum, perhaps we can suggest more?  Such as:

Kenna, you have money.  You can hire a stylist to help you with the initial stages of how to wear properly fitting clothes!

Kenna, there are tons of Japanese restaurants.  Buzzfeed Tasty had some amazing Japanese restaurants on that one series they have on Hulu, you could start there for inspiration!

And so on and so forth.