• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

ASK AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Praise the Nyx!

Posted

I feel blessed to be born in this time and age.

Posted

Manna from heaven has truly rained on this day! 

Seth-Meyers-Thank-You.gif

Posted (edited)

Thanks @Nyx and @Rhea for making the subforum happen! But guys, I'm not sure whether this specific format will work...

For once, everyone agreed that there shouldn't be an option to create an endless number of threads. That was the reason why people requested NOT to make a subforum for Kenna not so long ago, as that was the thing that ruined the Yumi King thread. It's hard to follow, so people lose interest.

The nitpicking thread isn't very useful imo. A bunch of people will report posts in the main thread as nitpicking, because we all have very different ideas about what makes something nitpicky. It would also just create a lot of work for the mods to judge all these cases and relocate those comments to other threads.

But as we've already seen, people are reluctant to use the report function in the first place, so the main thread probably won't be as neat and tidy as some people want it to be.

If we want the main thread to only contain the major problems regarding Kenna, then we would benefit more from an archive/receipts thread (which currently doesn't exist). I was working on some videos exposing Kenna, and it's hard as fuck to look up screenshots and such from earlier threads. The main thread is also already cluttered, so it's not a great base for an archive thread, which could be where we direct newcomers to not get caught up in the hair and pancake talk.

And this thread could be the one where we discuss the issues with the subforum itself, in order to not clog up others (which is already happening).

These are all the threads we need imo (along with the locked old ones). We could go on with the main thread as normal, and the people who are tired of the nitpicking could just go to the receipts thread which would be updated with all the major things.

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly
I can't properly @ people for some reason

Posted

How about we just let time pass and see how things go? Already shutting things down from the start isn’t very helpful tbh, and we can’t please everyone at the same time.

You needed a solution, we gave you one. Have some patience, let things run their course.

Posted (edited)

How about we just let time pass and see how things go? Already shutting things down from the start isn’t very helpful tbh, and we can’t please everyone at the same time.

You needed a solution, we gave you one. Have some patience, let things run their course.

I'm just trying to give some advice, not shutting down the idea, I'm very thankful for the admins and mods for making this happen, as I stated. I think what I said is constructive and helpful. This is actually what most people requested in the thread in the first place. Please at least listen to your users when we present our complaints in a respectful manner, instead of, you know, shutting them down.

(Btw the main thread has already turned towards being "nitpicky" again...)

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly

Posted

Can we post memes, caricatures and old content of Kenna here?

Posted (edited)

My humble request would be that we DON'T have separate YouTube/Instagram threads but maybe one Kenna's Posted Content thread which would function as an archive of her posts across both platforms (and any others if there are more in future - i.e. she goes back to Twitter).

My more detailed thoughts on creating some kind of archive w/ pros and cons:

I wonder if maybe something like that could also be solely for her content and we separate out the discussion of it (mainly into the nitpick thread, since I'm getting the vibe that main discussion is for hot tea only)?

Just so for example it would be possible to look through everything she has done and posted without also having to scroll through all the surrounding discussion. The downside would be that it might mean stuff is double posted to both sections or that it's harder to follow the discussion, so I think there should maybe be some discussion about this before we do anything like that.

Another potential option would be to archibe thing externally and then people could link to whichever item they are discussing - but again that would potentially be a lot of work to maintain separately to the discussion.

I'm just mainly concerned with this aspect because there has been discussion on how to preserve Kenna's deleted content before and to keep track of the stuff she tries to bury. So maybe now we have the subforum we could find some way to actually do that.

Edited by someoneawful
Wording

Posted

I'm pretty sure that everyone had agreed that the subforum would have the old threads, a thread with receipts for all she's done for people who can't be arsed to read the summaries on the first page of the threads, and the general thread like it already is. What do we need a nitpicking thread, a separate thread for her Youtube, and a separate one for her hair and fashion choices for? People are just going to make threads for every single tiny thing now.

True though, we shouldn't shut things down from the start without seeing how it all plays out for a bit. But I personally never really wanted a Kenna subforum at all. ("No1curr, Nevermore" I know)

Posted

Thank you!! 

Posted

IT FINALLY HAPPENED! 🎉

Thanks Nyx! 

Posted

Excellent work, Nyx!  :D

Posted

Thank you!!

Quick question tho: shouldn't we name the subforum Simply Kenna / Cozy Kitsune?

Posted

Just an idea but could we have some sort of an archive of her stuff since she deletes everything?