• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Menclub - Tom Lip's controversial online magazine

171 posts in this topic

Posted

Lots of disgusting speculation about Taylor here. 

Then again that's the price you pay for putting your life on the internet so meh 

I agree. The taxes thing is pure speculation rn. It isn't as if Tom's desire to get kids asap was inexplicable before, so I'd refrain from speculations about him doing it for the cash, just because other people do that. If we had suspicions that he actually didn't even like kids, but wanted some anyway, it would be an entirely different matter. But so far... In dubio pro reo. We have enough proof and hints to him breaking / bending the law / abandoning basic human decency in other matters, I think pure speculations are out of place / derailing the thread.

Posted

Lots of disgusting speculation about Taylor here. 

Then again that's the price you pay for putting your life on the internet so meh 

Whiteknighting on a gossip board... Seriously? :alpacaconfused:

Posted

Whiteknighting on a gossip board... Seriously? :alpacaconfused:

I've figured it's either Taylor herself or one of her friends/family members. Taylor could go and kill kittens and this one still would defend her smh

Posted

The problem with all these assumptions:

1. Tom is from the HK, not PRC. Yeah, at this rate HK is going to become just another part of the PRC over a period of decades, but currently it's a totally separate legal entity.  A Hong Kong passport is about on par with your average first world country passport in terms of visa reciprocity, freedom of movement etc. 

2. Financial system of HK is completely separate from the PRC. Actually, rich PRC people launder their money through Macau (which is similar to HK in terms of being a separate financial system). It's specifically the PRC that has all these capital flow restrictions. Hong Kong is super open and a neoliberal wet dream.  

3. There's a much simpler but still sketchy answer which is that Tom has a white girl fetish. Some Asian men really fetishize the idea of getting with a Western woman; because of colonialism/Hollywood/etc they think a blonde woman is "higher status" or "proof of success" ( 🤢)

I know Canadians are annoyed at PRC-ers buying real estate up there, but it makes no sense to make claim like that about someone who has a totally separate passport, economic/financial/legal system, etc just because his race is Chinese.   

I agree that their marriage/entire relationship is sketchy af but I think he's just an old pervert who likes a young looking white girl and she's a young looking white girl who likes money and a life of comfort

I agree with you on everything but I honestly thought Tom was from PRC and am positive Taylor has confirmed this at one point... Could be wrong, but I'll look into it.

Posted (edited)

I agree with you on everything but I honestly thought Tom was from PRC and am positive Taylor has confirmed this at one point... Could be wrong, but I'll look into it.

He is from PRC. As I mentioned before, China will not wait until 2047 to capture Hong Kong. All politicians agree on that. Then his apartment in Hong Kong won't do him any good. That's why the apartment in Toronto was bought. Taylor could have her child in Canada without having an apartment in Toronto. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQyxG4vTyZ8

Edited by Beatrice402

Posted

Posted

Some things have already been mentioned, but...

1) the theories are getting less and less relevant. This is also a thread to talk about Tom's business/ his online media sites specifically. If we want to talk about other things, we should move to the general thread.

2) the theories are getting less and less based in fact. Taylor and Tom have had a relationship for years, and originally it was completely off camera, to the point where we had to dub him elbow-san when we first caught sight of him. There are so many things in their relationship that we don't see on screen, so who really knows how their relationship truly works. I don't deny that there's definitely a dynamic of rich guy & trophy wife between them from what we can see, but that's really the only obvious thing I can pick out.

Posted

Nothing about him gives me a from PRC vibe. The biggest hint would be the fact that his name is written in the Hong Kong way. He would have had to legally change his name to "Lip", because in the PRC everyone's legal name is written in Hanyu pinyin (so "Nie").  Plus it's not that easy for people from PRC to start a business in HK unless they come from money, which we know Tom doesn't.

If anyone has proof he's from PRC then I'll change my mind but until then this is just kinda weird racist ranting. I say this as someone who's no fan of the Chinese communist party: seriously, cool it.  I know a bit where you're coming from but it's not relevant here.

Posted

Taylor literally says he's from Hong Kong in a video. Why is this even in question? Every bit of his history on the internet says he's from HK. 

Posted

Taylor literally says he's from Hong Kong in a video. Why is this even in question? Every bit of his history on the internet says he's from HK. 

I got it mixed up, because Taylor refers to him being Chinese many times.

Posted (edited)

I got it mixed up, because Taylor refers to him being Chinese many times.

His ethnicity/race is Chinese, but his passport is Hong Kong. You can be of Chinese ethnic descent and a citizen of Malaysia, Japan, Canada, USA, Taiwan, or anywhere else

That's what she means when she says he is Chinese. Not that he is a citizen of the PRC.

Edited by lucky

Posted

His ethnicity/race is Chinese, but his passport is Hong Kong. You can be of Chinese ethnic descent and a citizen of Malaysia, Japan, Canada, USA, Taiwan, or anywhere else

That's what she means when she says he is Chinese. Not that he is a citizen of the PRC.

Not like that. She has referred to him being hong kongian (is that the way to put it) as if you would say someone is French or Italian. But she has also said he's Chinese as in "a person from China". But whatever, I doesn't matter.

Posted

Not like that. She has referred to him being hong kongian (is that the way to put it) as if you would say someone is French or Italian. But she has also said he's Chinese as in "a person from China". But whatever, I doesn't matter.

Hongkonger, I believe. Are people from Hong Kong considered Han or are they another ethnicity?

Posted

Hong Konger. And they could be any ethnicity but the vast majority are Han Chinese. 

Calling someone "Chinese" does not necessarily mean "a person from the PRC".

Tom is from Hong Kong. His passport is from Hong Kong. He is Chinese because his descent is Chinese, as are most people from Hong Kong.

I really don't get what's so hard to understand here...:alpacadone: