• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Annika Victoria

50 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Okay honestly this vid wasn't as bad, at least she admitted she was having some sort of "style block" these days... but it still isn't rocket science... Basically "You wanna change your style? Then pick the style you want, pick the clothes that match it and throw out those that don't!". Why does this need over 13 minutes?

I'd have really liked it if she took some better, higher quality outfit pics. And the looks aren't that special, it seems she wears those same brown shoes since like a decade (and the shoes' age shows), with long socks and then puts on whatever she wants with it? I dunno again I might be nitpicky, but look at these old pics

cutest.jpeg151.jpeg

Compared to the new "French Annika' stuff

annika2.thumb.png.b535250a4d6fa35c14560b

I dunno they feel like they lack creativity and the bad image quality really ruins it for me.

She said in the video that she doesn't want to look too much like her teenage self who wore similar clothes but maybe it would be better. It seems like the kind of style she likes is timeless so I really don't see any issue with her dressing "like she was 16" when her past looks still totally live up to these days' standards.

What I do appreciate about her new style is that she simplified the wardrobe she works with which makes her looks less messy, way less weird layering and mixing of fabrics and patterns...

EDIT: I forgot to reply to a comment on her hair, I can't quote it now... But yeah it really ruined the "big reveal" that she literally just took off the beanie and showed her messed up hair for the camera, it would've been much better if she styled it just a little but, combed out the parts the beanie messed up or something, and cut the video. The haircut itself seems okay to me, she just didn't style it for the video.

Edited by gooey
described in post

Posted (edited)

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I used to really like Annika’s videos because I loved the concept behind her Make Thrift Buy series. The more I watched the weirder I did start to feel, but I think the cut off mark for me was when she did that embroidery collab with Shmoxd and she just felt obnoxiously pretentious, emphasizing that her method/results were better than his. Even as a joke they felt kind of out of place and unnecessary and I didn’t watch her again. Happy to hear that I’m not the only one that felt this way.

Edited by geuzi
format

Posted

EDIT: I forgot to reply to a comment on her hair, I can't quote it now... But yeah it really ruined the "big reveal" that she literally just took off the beanie and showed her messed up hair for the camera, it would've been much better if she styled it just a little but, combed out the parts the beanie messed up or something, and cut the video. The haircut itself seems okay to me, she just didn't style it for the video.

she wanted to be relatable, don't be so mean ;) - im just teasing you, i don't mean it. I actually think you're right here: she should have cut the video to comb the hair a little bit. 

I also really like the first pic/outfit you posted to better explain your point. I agree with you there as well: her older pics/outfits look so much better/cuter/feminine compared with the newer ones that look just like the first clothes found in the closet, and prayed they work together to some degree (though, it seems that nobody cares about that anymore these days).

Posted

What do you think of her new skits? Two of the three most recent vids she posted are not tutorials (link and link).

I mean, I kinda feel them but I'm just... I dunno, she just acts smug?

I haven't been following her isnta for a while now but this attitude I really dislike about her seems to have creeped into her youtube too with these skits. It's always the "I'm right and I'm great and I'm badass, everyone else is wrong and annoying and deserving of criticism"

Posted

What do you think of her new skits? Two of the three most recent vids she posted are not tutorials (link and link).

I mean, I kinda feel them but I'm just... I dunno, she just acts smug?

I haven't been following her isnta for a while now but this attitude I really dislike about her seems to have creeped into her youtube too with these skits. It's always the "I'm right and I'm great and I'm badass, everyone else is wrong and annoying and deserving of criticism"

I hadn't seen them because I've unfollowed her everywhere, but here's a gif of the exact face I made after watching them:

giphy.gif

Literally no one signed up for this shit, Annika. You're not funny.