• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

54 posts in this topic

Posted

my last lense purchase was from MapleLens. I got a pair of EOS lenses, they're just black. I actually really like them! my eyes are green, and it seems like every time I try to find a nice pair of green lenses they just look awful on me. the black ones however look a bit more 'natural' I suppose, as you can still see the green, and it's not off color.

Posted

my last lense purchase was from MapleLens. I got a pair of EOS lenses, they're just black. I actually really like them! my eyes are green, and it seems like every time I try to find a nice pair of green lenses they just look awful on me. the black ones however look a bit more 'natural' I suppose, as you can still see the green, and it's not off color.

I've been looking for lenses that only have the black outer ring actually, which lenses by EOS do you use? :)

Posted (edited)

I got my new lenses, EOS Max Pure Grays. These are so much better than the blue ones! I can even see the natural pattern of my iris most of the time! They barely change the colour of my eyes at all and just add a bigger limbal ring with no weird detailed designs. Basecurve 8.8 so they fit me perfectly, I don't feel any discomfort. These are my new favourites, I don't use lenses everyday but if and when I want to wear lenses for a special event or pictures, I will wear these from now on. 

eosmaxpuregray_yudie.thumb.jpg.98449b0e1

Edited by YU DIE

Posted

I've always wanted to try circle lenses, but even normal lenses are too scary for me ;-; they are gorgeous 

Posted

I've been wearing circle lenses for 8 years. I've basically tried every style. Now that I got through my wild, big dolly-eye phase I look for more natural lenses. My faves are monthly to daily lenses mostly from Japanese brands and Neo Vision. I suggest pinkicon or rakuten for Japanese lenses! They have really good colors for dark brown eyes that actually show up.

Posted

Hi guys, I need some advice. I'm going to buy circle lenses from uniqso, but how do I know if the diameter is good or no? and about the water? and what's replacement period? sorry for too much questions, is my first time

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I need some advice. I'm going to buy circle lenses from uniqso, but how do I know if the diameter is good or no? and about the water? and what's replacement period? sorry for too much questions, is my first time

Diameter depends on how big you want, imo basecurve is more important. You should see an optometrist to know the measurements of your eyes.

Lenses with high water content (more than 60% I'd say) break more easily and their comfort level can decrease in use as their water content can change. Lenses with lower than 42% water content can make your eyes dry due to bad flow of oxygen. I personally would recommend 55% to avoid dryness.

Replacement period depends on lenses. Some lenses are daily, monthly, 3months, or yearly. Yearly lenses seem to be more popular, so I'll just tell you, if you use them very often you should stop using them around 6months, just as a precaution. The surface of the lens may not actually be as smooth anymore after heavy use, and damaged lenses can cause corneal scratching. Replacement period of the particular lenses you're looking at is usually written in it's information alongside with water content %,  basecurve and diameter.

Edited by YU DIE

Posted

I like circle lenses but I can't really afford them atm. I would like some white mesh ones and some techno blue/green ones. 

Posted

I accidentally dropped and lost my other Max Pure Gray lens when I was at the movies with my boyfriend a month ago, so even though I loved them I ended up trying something new again :lamaheadshake:

20160314170302_glitch2.thumb.jpg.ea6cdc4

So I got GEO Sakura Gray lenses, these are probably amazing with cosplay etc since they look so unnatural. 
I only wished the ring wasn't as thick but I still enjoy wearing these. They're not as comfortable as EOS lenses though, but I kinda knew that beforehand. 

Posted

i love circle lenses! I usually buy from honeycolor because I really like the super pinky brand they sell and they are pretty cheap! I have dark eyes but still they show color really well.

Posted (edited)

I wear circle lenses. I find they're easy to put it but you've just got to practice. I have lightnaturally so I can wear almost anything, but my friend has brown eyes and she says that lighter colors look okay on them.

I mainly buy from pinkyparadise. I've never had an issue with pinkyparadise and I find they're affordable for me. I got some GEO SKY ones and they're really comfortable, I got a lot of compliments on my eyes because the enlargement I got was bare minimum so it looked pretty natural.

Edited by Rose

Posted

I want to try them but I'm too scared to, since my eyes are considered super tiny even for an Asian I'm afraid I won't be able to put them in or that they would feel super uncomfortable. Is there a limit to the sizes you could handle if your eyes are really small? I'm more interested in larger ones because I have a really long face and having big eyes would balance it more. 

Posted

I want to try them but I'm too scared to, since my eyes are considered super tiny even for an Asian I'm afraid I won't be able to put them in or that they would feel super uncomfortable. Is there a limit to the sizes you could handle if your eyes are really small? I'm more interested in larger ones because I have a really long face and having big eyes would balance it more. 

Same! Im worried as well just in general, I've never had my eyes measured/fitted, I just had my eyesight tested and it's 20/20 but I guess even then i could technically need a prescription to have it fit properly... and idk if I wanna go out of my way to have my eyes measured for it.

Plus I'm worried about care for them... and buying safe ones...

Posted

Not circle lenses but does anyone have any experience with solotica lenses?