• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

General Winx Club Fandom Thread

102 posts in this topic

Posted

Did you all see about the live action? I feel like it will be a mess...no casting news tho

Posted (edited)

I think commercial/success wise, it would be best to do a live action with or start from the first season

normal teenage girl finds out she´s royalty and a fairy and moves to a different world to learn magic. I mean, yeah it is a cliche, but a pretty fun one in my opinion. I still love season 1 the best so I COULD be biased. but I think season 1 is the best for a live action/movie.

actor wise, I think they should just go with unknown people(they probably wont but mkay), and try to stay as true to the looks as they possible can. do not make Bloom a blond and pick an actress that is an actual Ginger, not a dark red brown but an actual ginger, nor switch races as in make Techna african and Musa white or something like that. I think if they would change the characters look wise that I would already refrain from watching it as dramatic as that may sound.

Its not that hard to find accurate portrayels of any of them, maybe minus layla who may be a little tough to find with her dark skin blue eyes and red hair but contacts/hair dye exist. honestly they would just be fucking lazy if they didnt. I´ve googled some cosplay and I think Stella, Brandon and Musa are probably the easiest to mimic as their looks are pretty generic. Hardest I´d say.. Riven and Layla, even in the cosplay section I can not really find any that would fit my idea personally of the real Layla but the casting directors will 100% not be as picky as me. 

I think the storyline in itself also weighs in heavily whether I´d watch it or not. if it is going to be something with spy´s like the one on netflix im already done. I do not have much hope if they just create a new storyline solely for the live action.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I was watching a video on Youtube about Musa's and Riven's relationship and I honestly remember thinking they were couples goals when I was a kid, but now that I'm older their relationship was a big yikes. :alpacadone:

Posted

has anyone ever been on the old winx club forum on the actual winx club website, like back in early 2010s before it got shut down years later? i remember going on their daily back in the day just to chat with friends.

Posted

Schermopname_(3)_LI.thumb.jpg.c5988c5323

Posted

Schermopname_(3)_LI.thumb.jpg.c5988c5323

I saw a pic of the cast, Where are Tecna and Flora? Will they not appear? Also Musa's actress doesnt look Asian to me?

Posted (edited)

I saw a pic of the cast, Where are Tecna and Flora? Will they not appear? Also Musa's actress doesnt look Asian to me?

I hadnt seen the cast pictures yet but here they are

Abigail Cowen as Bloom

bloom.thumb.jpg.eb7d84610bb94f03c07db2a2

Hannah van der Westhuysen as Stella

d3abb4_1dcff9ac50b3442d93f3ec234b0e32af.

Precious Mustapha as Layla/Aisha

5d8209f0e6353_MV5BZjIxOTY4M2UtMDg2Yi00Mm

Elisha Applebaum as Musa

oZ_hFDmD_400x400.thumb.jpg.9e8341e31a58a

Freddie Thorp as Riven

5d820a5d0972d_MV5BNDJmNGEyOTItMWIxZC00ND

Danny Griffin as Sky

gettyimages-1158061267-1024x1024.thumb.j

There are more, but these are all characters that do not exist in the series so didn´t add them but if you are interested in seeing them you can see them in the vidoe below

and wow I can not believe Musa isnt half asian.(there are so many asian/european mixed actors) Musa is half asian and half european. There even is an episode of Winx Club where it goes in detail about her mother of asian descent.

also indeed no sign of flora and techna!?

I´m happy Bloom is portrayed by an actual ginger girl, I think they casted Sky also very well. guy with long blond hair and angular face.

Riven? I give them a pass on that on, I already mentioned before I thought Riven and Layla were probably the hardest to find. But I think it can work.

Stella...well she was probably the easiest to cast and as I expected they did a good job on it Hannah fits the looks.

Precious....yeah sorry I don´t think they did very well on this one. No offense to the actress as I do not know her but aside from both having dark skin they do not look a like AT ALL. 

Elisha as Musa. well...she is the worst out of all. I mean come on, even the creator of the series says Musa was based on Lucy Liu for gods sake.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

I hadnt seen the cast pictures yet but here they are

Abigail Cowen as Bloom

bloom.thumb.jpg.eb7d84610bb94f03c07db2a2

Hannah van der Westhuysen as Stella

d3abb4_1dcff9ac50b3442d93f3ec234b0e32af.

Precious Mustapha as Layla/Aisha

5d8209f0e6353_MV5BZjIxOTY4M2UtMDg2Yi00Mm

Elisha Applebaum as Musa

oZ_hFDmD_400x400.thumb.jpg.9e8341e31a58a

Freddie Thorp as Riven

5d820a5d0972d_MV5BNDJmNGEyOTItMWIxZC00ND

Danny Griffin as Sky

gettyimages-1158061267-1024x1024.thumb.j

There are more, but these are all characters that do not exist in the series so didn´t ass them but if you are interested in seeing them you can see them in the vidoe below

and wow I can not believe Musa isnt half asian.(there are so many asian/european mixed actors) Musa is half asian and half european. There even is an episode of Winx Club where it goes in detail about her mother of asian descent.

also no sign of flora and techna!?

I´m happy Bloom is portrayed by an actual ginger girl, I think they casted Sky also very well. guy with long blond hair and angular face.

Riven? I give them a pass on that on, I already mentioned before I thought Riven and Layla were probably the hardest to find. But I think it can work.

Stella...well she was probably the easiest to cast and as I expected they did a good job on it Hannah fits the looks.

Precious....yeah sorry I don´t think they did very well on this one. No offense to the actress as I do not know her but aside from both having dark skin they do not look a like AT ALL. 

Elisha as Musa. well...she is the worst out of all. I mean come on, even the creator of the series says Musa was based on Lucy Liu for gods sake.

I was soooo confused with Musa, looks 0 like her...also did they remove Flora and Tecna to put other 2 winx? Damn Im mad, I love Flora 😔 Didnt like Stella at all either, I imagined her more feminine looking and with brown eyes.

And Aisha's a mess too.

Love Riven tho, im a hoe for that guy already lol

Posted

I was soooo confused with Musa, looks 0 like her...also did they remove Flora and Tecna to put other 2 winx? Damn Im mad, I love Flora 😔 Didnt like Stella at all either, I imagined her more feminine looking and with brown eyes.

And Aisha's a mess too.

Love Riven tho, im a hoe for that guy already lol

In my head Musa will Always be looking like this irl

vuqxv5f2jqacf5jq.thumb.jpg.28579df63d40e

they even did an episode with Musa´s mother who was clearly of east asian ancestry.

I cant imagine them leaving techna and flora out completely that would be really fucking dumb

also no brandon and timmy yet?

Aisha/Layle is def a horrible match, I also do not think the actress is attractive enough to play her, but also minus that they look nothing alike aside from them both having dark skin. 

and also what you say about Stella imaging her to look more feminine, I def feel the same about current Musa, Musa´s face is very rounded and delicate, and Elisha seems to have very strong and angular features.

feels a bit weird. I think only Bloom and Sky are perfectly cast. Riven is good too.

I tried to make his hair purple in paint cause I have no life and wow now I can def see him as Riven! though I dont think theyll make his hair actually purple

5d821439e19cd_InkedMV5BNDJmNGEyOTItMWIxZ

Posted

In my head Musa will Always be looking like this irl

vuqxv5f2jqacf5jq.thumb.jpg.28579df63d40e

they even did an episode with Musa´s mother who was clearly of east asian ancestry.

I cant imagine them leaving techna and flora out completely that would be really fucking dumb

also no brandon and timmy yet?

Aisha/Layle is def a horrible match, I also do not think the actress is attractive enough to play her, but also minus that they look nothing alike aside from them both having dark skin. 

and also what you say about Stella imaging her to look more feminine, I def feel the same about current Musa, Musa´s face is very rounded and delicate, and Elisha seems to have very strong and angular features.

feels a bit weird. I think only Bloom and Sky are perfectly cast. Riven is good too.

I tried to make his hair purple in paint cause I have no life and wow now I can def see him as Riven! though I dont think theyll make his hair actually purple

5d821439e19cd_InkedMV5BNDJmNGEyOTItMWIxZ

Her father was Asian too right? I might be wrong tho, but they are saying its  'based on' so they will probably justify themselves like that...Damn no Flora means no Helia right? Okay this is wrong...wish they will add them in the next seasons!

Posted

Her father was Asian too right? I might be wrong tho, but they are saying its  'based on' so they will probably justify themselves like that...Damn no Flora means no Helia right? Okay this is wrong...wish they will add them in the next seasons!

Yeah I acctually may have been wrong her being eurasian i think she may have been full asian after all! True...and no techna of course also means no timmy. But then what is Riven doing there? who was the love interest of Musa..and darcy....maybe now for stella? which could be why there is no brandon? 

no trix yet either. Im also disappointed that they wont start the live action at season 1.

this is all so wrong indeed :stoplz::stoplz:

Posted

Yeah I acctually may have been wrong her being eurasian i think she may have been full asian after all! True...and no techna of course also means no timmy. But then what is Riven doing there? who was the love interest of Musa..and darcy....maybe now for stella? which could be why there is no brandon? 

no trix yet either. Im also disappointed that they wont start the live action at season 1.

this is all so wrong indeed :stoplz::stoplz:

Well 'Musa' is there so it makes sense Riven is...they better put Brandon too😔

Posted (edited)

Well 'Musa' is there so it makes sense Riven is...they better put Brandon too😔

omfg youre right im sorry. had a brain fart for a sec there haha :frowny: 

Yeah...I mean that SHOULD happan right!? also Brandon would probably be the easiest to cast.

I read somewhere that apparantly Floras name was actually changed to Terra? if that is true...

Eliot Salt would be our new Flora aka ´´Terra´´ hzdRSVET.thumb.jpg.03d8d76161718be5c045d

Edited by Kiko

Posted

omfg youre right im sorry. had a brain fart for a sec there haha :frowny: 

Yeah...I mean that SHOULD happan right!? also Brandon would probably be the easiest to cast.

I read somewhere that apparantly Floras name was actually changed to Terra? if that is true...

Eliot Salt would be our new Flora aka ´´Terra´´ hzdRSVET.thumb.jpg.03d8d76161718be5c045d

Why would they...change the name and everything

Posted

Why would they...change the name and everything

I have no idea. it makes NO sense. AT. ALL.  I honestly never expected them to leave characters out. Flora and Techna have been in the series from the very beginning.