• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Living with a depression and attending a demanding school

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I'm an high school student who's suffering from depression, paranoia, ed and suicidal thoughts. 

I'm starting this topic because I'm getting very tired of everything - it's hard to do stuff or study if you see it as pointless as well. 

I'm tired of hiding my post-suicide scars on my arms, recently I had a health class that taught us different techniques of using a bandage on a person. I had to lift up my sleeve and my classmate found out, she started overreacting so loudly, I couldn't calm her down. Students were looking at us but I'm glad the teacher was busy so he didn't hear us.

My mom laughs at people that are mentally ill, she has a co-worker who's treating pharmacologically her depression. Mom is making fun of her openly and she makes her life harder. I don't feel or seek support in my parents so I keep everything in myself. 

I lost most of my friends lately including a loved one. I'm borderline lonely. Wishing for a peaceful death.  

Posted

Have you sought professional help? If you haven't yet and are in the position to do so you really should- killing yourself over mental illnesses that can be treated isn't worth it.

Posted

Have you sought professional help? If you haven't yet and are in the position to do so you really should- killing yourself over mental illnesses that can be treated isn't worth it.

I need my parents permission to do so. 

Even if it was given to me (highly doubt that), my mom can't take more days off and I'm busy with school.

Posted

How old are you? PULL rules state that you have to be 18 or over to be a member. If you are you shouldn't need parental permission?

Regardless, receiving help goes before school in this case imo. Is there anyone you can talk to at school? A mentor, confidential adviser or maybe a teacher you trust? They could help you and talk to your mother.

Posted (edited)

How old are you? PULL rules state that you have to be 18 or over to be a member. If you are you shouldn't need parental permission?

Regardless, receiving help goes before school in this case imo. Is there anyone you can talk to at school? A mentor, confidential adviser or maybe a teacher you trust? They could help you and talk to your mother.

I have nobody like that in school. It's a different thing here. 

I'm 18 but I have a terrible relationship with my parents - they are highly controlling and toxic so I need their permission. Going further, I can't afford visits.

Edited by ThatOneIngrown

Posted

Have you tried to use some pills?