• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Can't edit posts

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't edit some of my posts either. 

Posted

anyone know if we'll ever be able to edit again? :alpacaworry:

Posted

When I first joined the site, I could edit all my posts whenever I wanted. It seems that this is a new problem that has only started in the last two weeks. Now, we only seem to be able to edit posts within about 5 minutes. It’s very annoying. For example, having typos or forgetting info.

Or, in some cases, you may quote a user and then that user decides that they want to remove their post content, so they ask you to also edit your post. Which we can’t do if the time limit has passed. 

I get putting a limit on, I guess. But can’t it be more like 24 hours??? 5 minutes is not enough, especially if you make a quick post and rush off to work for a few hours, only to come back and realise you made an error or posted in the wrong thread or something

Posted

@Nyx in case this editing limit is something you or one of the other admins actually added and you're planning to keep it, could you at least remove it from the opening posts? It's especially inconvenient to be unable to edit those.

When I first joined the site, I could edit all my posts whenever I wanted. It seems that this is a new problem that has only started in the last two weeks. Now, we only seem to be able to edit posts within about 5 minutes. It’s very annoying. For example, having typos or forgetting info.

Or, in some cases, you may quote a user and then that user decides that they want to remove their post content, so they ask you to also edit your post. Which we can’t do if the time limit has passed. 

I get putting a limit on, I guess. But can’t it be more like 24 hours??? 5 minutes is not enough, especially if you make a quick post and rush off to work for a few hours, only to come back and realise you made an error or posted in the wrong thread or something

I kept an eye on one of my posts and it seems that the editing limit is 30 minutes, not 5 or 10 as I originally thought. It's still way too short though (and preferably, there shouldn't be an editing limit at all).

Posted (edited)

I haven't noticed this problem at all. With how much I use them, I would very quickly if there was something wrong.

Huh. Perhaps it's been fixed since?

Edit: If it's only 30 minutes, at least that's still something. Guess that means more thought will have to go into each post before they are submitted. Not a big deal, I guess.

Edited by AbsolutelyBerserk
elaborate

Posted

I see the benefits of this but it would be really nice if we still could edit the first post in topics

Posted

I'm still confused ... I thought it was a bug? Imo it's an important change that should be mentioned by the mods if it was intentional.

Would be great to get an 'official statement' for clarification.

Posted

Yea, no... Can we just have the edit button back? make it easier for everyone cause having a time limit doesn't work for some of us who isn't always on when we realise a mistake hours later

Posted

The issue has been resolved, editing feature is now back to normal :alpacacrush:

Posted

The issue has been resolved, editing feature is now back to normal :alpacacrush:

YAHOOOOOOO---!!

Thank you very muuuchh <3 <3 <3