• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Can't edit posts

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey guys, I just came across something weird and I need help figuring this out. Sorry if I'm missing something here.

I made a post on a thread, and I need to edit that now. However, the edit button is just gone, so I can't find a way to modify my post at all. I was able to edit it previously, but none of my current posts have that edit button anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :( 

Thanks

Edited by ForgetMeNot
I was able to edit this one, but all the old ones still don't have it. Just the quote option :/

Posted

Same here, I can't edit my post too :(( what happened

Posted

Same problem is happening to me. I wanted to edit a post to make some fo the content hidden in the little tab for aesthetic purposes but it didn't appear. and on other posts it did. probably a bug or something

Posted (edited)

The same thing is happening to me, except that I can still edit posts within the first five minutes or so after they were submitted but then the possibility disappears. It's really annoying and troublesome, especially when you need to edit an opening post to add new information about a snowflake

Edited by JunkFood

Posted

I have so many typos and not being able to edit is killing me

Posted

So was the website down more than just me for a while?

Posted

I can't edit my posts either ;-;...

Posted

Should we contact the mods? ;-;

I thought it because of maintenance for a while at first. 

Posted

Same. I realized I didn't ptu spoilers around a mostly OT bit in a thread and went to go back and do it and... nope. Seems I can't edit now.

Posted

It's kind of annoying because I want to go back and update old threads with new information. Is one of the reasons we can't edit is to stop people from going and deleting their past posts? I mean it would make sense in case there was tea and to stop people from hiding, but... idk I'm just assuming. Hope we can get the edit button back either way. 

Posted

Same happening to me. I posted something while I was on a break at work and realized that I had an error later and couldn't fix it :( 

Posted

A couple of days ago I could edit posts fine, i just went to edit a typo on a post I made today and didn't have the option to do it either

Posted (edited)

same, it cracks my nerves, need to fix typos, urgh

Edited by MoneyLow
i can edit this but not the others

Posted

Same here , just been lurking cause if i cant edit my typoes im too shy to post

Posted

i reported my own post with the edits i wanted done -.- but we can't report ourselves every single time... u.u 

please mods, fix this!