• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Aria Rose / Pixel Pleuve

983 posts in this topic

Posted

I kind of disagree. Even though it is on her own discord and towards her own audience, says all these things and uses this as evidence for her being an advocate for discussion and to shut down people who criticise her because she just can't take the heat.  Idk though

oof spill that tea ☕️ 

Posted

I found this video and damn she really spilled the tea on this one. This girl got it right. Aria Rose is just plain stupid. 

Aria Rose makes all these videos about e-thots and expects not to get any criticism from anyone.

I only agree with that reverse racism exists. Just because it isn't as bad, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But let me clarify before this starts a whole discussion that it is not as bad as racism that POC experience. POC experience systematic oppression but white people sometimes do experience racism but it isn't something that completely controls their life. Lmao white people don't get lynched.

I have mix feelings about this video I dont really mind if people use the r word I use it with my close friends but if someone asks me not to I will respect them and not use it around them I dont say the n word because I dont feel comfortable saying it but I feel like the same people who criticize other people for saying it watch idubbz and doesnt say shit about him using it I honestly think everyone should stop using it the n word is such a gross word

I believe reverse racism exist I saw a tweet saying "why do white people smell like piss and hotdog water" and that kinda hurt but I'm not suppose to say anything about it because Im not allowed to complain about the blatant racism it feels like that white people are told that if they make one race joke their life will be ruined but other races are allowed to make 'jokes' about  white people and stereotype them all they want and if you call it out you're the bigot 

I dont know how it feels to be POC so I cant really know how much racism affects their lives but i still feel like everyone should call out all racism 

honestly aria should just respect people also her egirl videos sound like 'uwu look at all these dumb ethots Im like them but I'm more mature I promise uwu' I like brittany venti's ethot videos more 

Posted

Yikes. I guess this just shows how merciless (.......lol) she was about the raid. Any hope I've had for her is gone. It's clear she's not taking time off to recover mentally; she still thinks she's undeserving for actual relevant criticism (and I don't mean people who just flame her out of hate). 

On a side note, she's left her Patreon untouched even after deactivating everything else. :alpacaworry: No idea how she thinks people would still be interested in it after her childish acts.

Screenshot_20190204-000127_Chrome.jpg

Posted

I'm wondering if I should talk on here or if it's best to stay away to avoid making people feel awkward, so if you guys could let me know what you think, please tell me. I feel a lot more comfortable talking here than on my social media (I know that seems weird), so if you guys are okay with it, I'm perfectly okay discussing things here. If not, I will delete my post and let you guys talk in peace. ^^;

So, I'm going to lay out everything if that's okay. I feel like you guys will give me proper criticism, as I've always loved this community and seen how respectful you treat everyone. It'll be under the cut.

I started making videos about 4 years ago, started out with music and then went into gaming. I got into Overwatch and made my first rant on a hero called Mercy that I loved, which garnered a lot of attention. At this time, I used my Youtube as a personal venting place, a place to just kind of post what I want. My channel blew up fast (I was at 80k with music, went up to 110k super fast after Overwatch) and I just kept posting as I pleased.

I'm going to be very raw with this, I hope that's okay. So, I did get a lot of hatred as I started gaining more followers for how I worded things. I called a developer a "failure" due to how horribly I felt the rework went, and how it contradicted what they said they had planned for it. After that, I deleted the video and tried to be more careful with my words. However, people didn't forget that.

I gained a really scary cult following of people who would stalk me through the forums calling me a nazi (it was a sour play on words, Ari-an), or people commenting other horrible things, I got death and rape threats, people saying they wanted to force fuck or kill me, really bad things. I kept going though because I felt like I still wanted to get my thoughts out there, I felt shafted by a company (Blizzard) that I once loved. 

It was obsessive, I know that now, which is why I quit and started to make other videos. Before that though, I wanted to make a raid (or, for better words, protest). The reason being, a lot of us who played Overwatch were upset at the lack of communication with the Overwatch devs, being constantly lied to or just outright not communicated with. Our threads were often deleted for no reason and false flagged so we would get banned. It's complicated, but there was a lot of built up anger. The raid was designed for people who were also wanting a fix to Mercy to convey their thoughts in a respectful way. From what I saw, it went fine, and it ended pretty fast. 

After that though, a lot of hate came back. (When I say hate, I mean hate, not criticism). I had people take those screenshots out of context, literally dig for something to make me look bad. I know it seems like I'm exaggerating, but some of them literally lied (they had no receipts) about me, were trying anything to get me out of the community.

On the other hand, I had amazing people who told me it was best to stop, that it was self destructive behavior and it was getting bad. They were right, I decided to stop, it had gotten out of hand. That's the reason why I stepped back. That's basically all to address the Overwatch stuff.

As for the N-word, I did try to apologize, I really did. It was taken out of context, it was a conversation about the history of the word relating to another (r-word). Funny enough, the same person I was talking to had convinced me to be more careful with that word, it was a word I would use often as in "that's retarded", a phrase to say something's dumb. I didn't think anything of it, it was never meant to be derogatory.

Same with the N-word, I discussed it with people and came to the conclusion that I did not want to hurt anyone over it, even if I had thought it was fine to use it if it wasn't in a derogatory way. I made a long apology, but people came at me for that too. I didn't know what to do, so I decided to step away from that as well. In the end, I just decided to distance myself from everything, because it seemed like I couldn't discuss things at all and no matter what I did, I'd upset someone.

Twitter_apology_2.thumb.png.eca419eb9306

I'm not trying to make excuses, I said some really dumb things and I learnt because of the few people who took the time to talk with me. I really appreciate those people, but I don't feel like there's enough of them on social media. I think it's best I step back and take my own time to figure some more things out, and I don't think social media is healthy for me. I'm sorry if this is kind of weird to talk about here, but I hope you guys can maybe talk to me about what to do next. It's really been hard to figure it out, and I'm not lying when I say I trust this site's community when it comes to criticism.

N-word_apology_2.thumb.png.4576bfaa6e5ba

Posted

Lol is this the first time a pull member got their own thread ??

Posted

I have mix feelings about this video I dont really mind if people use the r word I use it with my close friends but if someone asks me not to I will respect them and not use it around them I dont say the n word because I dont feel comfortable saying it but I feel like the same people who criticize other people for saying it watch idubbz and doesnt say shit about him using it I honestly think everyone should stop using it the n word is such a gross word

I believe reverse racism exist I saw a tweet saying "why do white people smell like piss and hotdog water" and that kinda hurt but I'm not suppose to say anything about it because Im not allowed to complain about the blatant racism it feels like that white people are told that if they make one race joke their life will be ruined but other races are allowed to make 'jokes' about  white people and stereotype them all they want and if you call it out you're the bigot 

I dont know how it feels to be POC so I cant really know how much racism affects their lives but i still feel like everyone should call out all racism 

honestly aria should just respect people also her egirl videos sound like 'uwu look at all these dumb ethots Im like them but I'm more mature I promise uwu' I like brittany venti's ethot videos more 

If you think that POC don't get their life ruined by 'jokes' then you are wrong. I went to a primarily white high school and if you made a racist joke as a white person nothing happened to you but if it was the other way around or if you were someone talking about inequalities in the school, you'd get flamed by the whole school including teachers. And most of these racist 'jokes' you are talking about aren't even jokes. Those were outright racist things to say. If you say them with your friends in private then its okay but if you post about them online it really talks about your character. I am not black but you don't see me putting the n-word anywhere or even using it in my language. its just a word I can replace with other words. Whats the big deal with using the word. If it offends people don't use it. and thats that.

and like i said before yeah white people do face racism but it is not to the extent to what POC face. Just a week ago my mother who is not white went to the supermarket and was discriminated against by the employees. If she was white she wouldn't have to deal with that. and the racist employee didn't get fired so don't tell me it ruined someones life.

Posted

Hidden Content

I see how you are really passionate about Mercy and felt like she needed to be reworked so you created ReworkMercy but it ended up being just as toxic as the DeleteBrig movement. As I said before I also feel like Mercy should be reworked because she isn't as fun as the other hero's but the movement got increasingly toxic even though you didn't mean for it to become that way. Another thing that made the movement toxic was the raid of the forums. It violated the rules of the Overwatch Forums and caused many bans of accounts who posted about Mercy. This is was not a good idea from the beginning and that's when it stops from being peaceful to being toxic. It was spam and any good ideas for reworking Mercy ended up being deleted. 

There are other youtubers who wanted Mercy reworked but instead of raiding the forums, they asked for their subscribers for new ideas. Raiding the forums does nothing more than showing how toxic the movement is. You might think it wasn't toxic, but spamming a forum isn't good.

About your use of the n-word and r-word, I think I know your intentions. I know a lot of people who don't mean to use it in a derogatory way but that doesn't stop people from being offended. It is just best not to use certain words even though you didn't mean to be racist or ableist. I in fact would always use the r-word but I don't anymore. All you have to do is stop using it or like you said in your post just say "that's dumb" instead of "that's retarded". I have no problem with using it but others do. And about the n-word I already saw your apology and really what's done is done. You've used it before and people will always go back and use that against you. It's just best to ignore people who keep bringing that in as a way to hurt you. That right now isn't a problem because it seems that you haven't used it. Just keep to your promise that you won't use it.

As for what you can do, I think it is just best to apologize and with apologizing you just need to change. You should make the rework mercy move towards a more positive direction that doesn't involve raiding the forums. Making more videos about potential things to rework about Mercy seems cool. You just need to show that you have changed.

You can't stop the hate or death threats coming your way and thats just something you need to live with when doing youtube or any other social media. I mean look at the e-girls, sure they have a huge perv fanbase but they still get lots of hate, death threats, and rape comments. It's just bound to happen, you will accumulate haters. No matter how bad you were, you can change who you are now. There are a lot of internet personalities who change who they are and still succeed. I mean look at Jeffree Star. He has said racial slurs and was toxic in the past but changed. All you need is to change and you shouldn't just forget about your previous toxic behaviors. Like when you deleted your video of the raiding. It just showed how you knew you were in the wrong but did not want to own up to it. You should do a formal apology and from there really isn't much to do but change

I'm rambling....so i hope this helped a bit.:alpacaheadshake: ( I still have faith in you)

Posted

Lol is this the first time a pull member got their own thread ??

As far as I know yeah.

Posted

I knew we'd see some damage control sooner or later. I feel like she's trying to please everyone, which just won't work. You need to be strong willed if you're going to put out content criticizing others, because you WILL get backlash. Attempting to be on everyone's good side and being the "yes man" is a recipe for disaster. If you can't avoid doing this, then you shouldn't be throwing yourself out there with this type of content. 

Posted

I see how you are really passionate about Mercy and felt like she needed to be reworked so you created ReworkMercy but it ended up being just as toxic as the DeleteBrig movement. As I said before I also feel like Mercy should be reworked because she isn't as fun as the other hero's but the movement got increasingly toxic even though you didn't mean for it to become that way. Another thing that made the movement toxic was the raid of the forums. It violated the rules of the Overwatch Forums and caused many bans of accounts who posted about Mercy. This is was not a good idea from the beginning and that's when it stops from being peaceful to being toxic. It was spam and any good ideas for reworking Mercy ended up being deleted. 

There are other youtubers who wanted Mercy reworked but instead of raiding the forums, they asked for their subscribers for new ideas. Raiding the forums does nothing more than showing how toxic the movement is. You might think it wasn't toxic, but spamming a forum isn't good.

About your use of the n-word and r-word, I think I know your intentions. I know a lot of people who don't mean to use it in a derogatory way but that doesn't stop people from being offended. It is just best not to use certain words even though you didn't mean to be racist or ableist. I in fact would always use the r-word but I don't anymore. All you have to do is stop using it or like you said in your post just say "that's dumb" instead of "that's retarded". I have no problem with using it but others do. And about the n-word I already saw your apology and really what's done is done. You've used it before and people will always go back and use that against you. It's just best to ignore people who keep bringing that in as a way to hurt you. That right now isn't a problem because it seems that you haven't used it. Just keep to your promise that you won't use it.

As for what you can do, I think it is just best to apologize and with apologizing you just need to change. You should make the rework mercy move towards a more positive direction that doesn't involve raiding the forums. Making more videos about potential things to rework about Mercy seems cool. You just need to show that you have changed.

You can't stop the hate or death threats coming your way and thats just something you need to live with when doing youtube or any other social media. I mean look at the e-girls, sure they have a huge perv fanbase but they still get lots of hate, death threats, and rape comments. It's just bound to happen, you will accumulate haters. No matter how bad you were, you can change who you are now. There are a lot of internet personalities who change who they are and still succeed. I mean look at Jeffree Star. He has said racial slurs and was toxic in the past but changed. All you need is to change and you shouldn't just forget about your previous toxic behaviors. Like when you deleted your video of the raiding. It just showed how you knew you were in the wrong but did not want to own up to it. You should do a formal apology and from there really isn't much to do but change

I'm rambling....so i hope this helped a bit.:alpacaheadshake: ( I still have faith in you)

Thank you for taking the time to write this! I've definitely learned my lesson with being more careful with words. I sort of always used the r-word in a casual way, I was honestly a bit surprised with how offended people got about it and learnt a lot in the process. It's amazing how much you learn from being online instead of in your own personal bubble, both good and bad. As for the rework movement, I've already personally passed it on to two of my friends who I believe will be able to let it thrive in a very positive way. I don't believe I can handle it anymore, it kind of spiraled out of control. I definitely never wanted to be the face of something, I just wanted to express my own thoughts and vent my own frustrations. I really do think social media is just not for me, or that I should at least take a long break.

I do want to let this thread know that I am sorry for the n-word, to me the raid wasn't as much of a problem. Sure, people thought it was a shitty thing to do, but in the end it's a video game. To me, I felt more remorse for hurting people personally by using a word. I don't know if I'll make a Youtube apology, none of this happened on Youtube (besides the OW stuff) and were personal discussions, I also feel like it's just going to keep shining light on something I need to actually prove I'm sorry for. I've said some dumb crap, I will probably say some more dumb crap in the future, but I'm going to be more careful while trying to be more open minded in discussions as well as less rash.

I also need to address the screenshot in the first post. I don't remember the context of the discussion at all, I'm not going to lie and try to guess, but I do not support black or yellow face, nor do I support white washing. I've been very verbal in the past against white washing of any kind.

If you guys ever want to talk to me directly, feel free to DM me. Again, I don't want to make people feel awkward. ^^;

Posted

As far as I know yeah.

Nah, daelien/picklechip got a thread about them and it violently exploded back in 2016 for different reasons.

Posted

Nah, daelien/picklechip got a thread about them and it violently exploded back in 2016 for different reasons.

Can you message me about the details? I'm curious, & don't wanna clog this thread.

I'm wondering if I should talk on here or if it's best to stay away to avoid making people feel awkward, so if you guys could let me know what you think, please tell me. I feel a lot more comfortable talking here than on my social media (I know that seems weird), so if you guys are okay with it, I'm perfectly okay discussing things here. If not, I will delete my post and let you guys talk in peace. ^^;

So, I'm going to lay out everything if that's okay. I feel like you guys will give me proper criticism, as I've always loved this community and seen how respectful you treat everyone. It'll be under the cut.

Hidden Content

Honestly it kinda feels like you're guilt tripping. 

Posted

This is a somewhat old video that harshly criticized (or hated on, it's a thin line) Aria's deleted Loli E-Girls video. Although I don't agree with everything in the video, it's fun to watch because of their passion. This is the first video that opened my eyes on Aria's behavior.

Now seeing that Aria's response in the thread, I really hope that she grows as a person. I believe in second chances and want to give people the benefit of the doubt. Sorry I am not a native English speaker. I'm sorry if my English is not good.

Posted

I do want to give Aria a second chance, but come on girl, you deleted everything. You made an apology on twitter and then deleted it. People deserve a public apology, you can come here and explain your side of the story but you still need to apologise to the OW community.

Also, mentioning that you are being threatened and stuff like that is not good to put in your apology, it comes off as guilt-tripping. Of course you don't deserve to get hateful messages, but mentioning it means nothing when you're supposed to apologise to people.

Soradot made another video, and it looks like you still weren't up to having a discussion. Now I don't want to assume things too quickly here since I can understand how overwhelming the situation is ( and I haven't seen the rest of your twitter ), but combined with deleting your apology ( which you only uploaded to twitter in the first place ) it doesn't look genuine.

If you want me to be completely honest, it looks more like you came here to write all of that in order to save your reputation on here. I am hoping for you to apologise properly and be more open for discussion to the people who are criticising you.

Posted

Hey Aria, I'm one of the people who made some of the videos that you say are just hating on you.

I wanna point out that in all your explanations you're talking about people giving you hate for the forum raid and saying the n word, but in both of my videos I didn't really criticize you for any of that. In fact, one of them was made before any of that even became public. The second one, I tried to reach out to discuss with you first but you told me there was nothing to discuss (despite constantly talking about how nobody else is open to discussion), and then blocked me lol. 

Both videos were about hypocrisy and if I'm honest, your explanation here can actually be summarized in what you said about Pokimane in your video, and here is YOUR direct quote: 

"She then makes a response cutting out pretty much all the parts Pewds criticizes her, only leaving the stuff that she can twist and make herself good in... Basically the whole thing was a non apology filled with excuses and her trying super hard to defend herself while also cutting out key points from the people who call her out."

that sounds an awful lot like what you were doing here if I'm honest, as you cut out literally all the parts I criticized you about and instead went for the easy "I learned my lesson about what words to use!"