• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Aria Rose / Pixel Pleuve

993 posts in this topic

Posted

Hidden Content

anyway, her callout vids kinda feel like an attempt to get clout. maybe i'm biased but considering she seems to like attention...going from making OW vids to calling out e thots was just...eh...why start now ya know?

Nah it's not you. I was in the Pokimane thread where she advertised her "How to be an E-girl" video. When I first started watching it, I thought her voice was part of the parody. Nope. I could be wrong, but it does sound like she's making an effort to sound cutesy. It's the voice people make when they try to imitate children. Most of what she does, or how she presents herself in this video, and what I've seen online just seems unnecessary. She's giving me an "uwu" type of vibe. That in addition to shitting on e-girls when she in part does similar pandering, rubs me the wrong way. 

Posted

I don't see an issue in her calling out pokimane and belle delphine, but it did spark some drama between her and poki/belle's fans it seems like. I don't mind her calling out "Loli e-girls" either, because I personally find that type of pedo-baiting wrong. Sometimes I would just feel like she was being a bit hypocritical about some of the things she said about other girl gamers. 

Also, when this thread got moved to Online Personalities, it seems like one of the mods(?) changed my summary and improved it. When I originally wrote it, I felt like the info was all over the place and not summarised well and I'm glad someone "polished" it, so to say. I don't know who did it but I want to let you know that I really appreciated it, thank you <3

oh i don't see a problem with calling e thots out, more so Poki than the other girl, cause i personally find it more annoying when someone is an ethot but pretends they aren't like...at least just own it ffs. i get that showing your tits and taking dumbass neckbeards's money is an easy way to score some cash, fcking get it girl...but i just found the timing weird and kinda...a weird topic for her channel in general... but i didn't follow her that closely, as I said i only knew her from her Overwatch videos which are mostly about Mercy.

Posted

I think it's a bit ironic how she made the uwutubers thread here but she herself now has a thread here about the shady things and her own hypocrisy. 

Posted

I hate how she has this need of wanting to become the representative of communities that no one asked for her to become. I don't understand her point of the Belle Delphine and Pokimane videos. She tries to become the PULL representative and try become our voice without anyone suggesting her to do so... Everything that she said in the video was already said in other youtube videos that were made before her. Irrelevant.

In the god fucking awful Mercy raid, she tries again to be the voice of the mercy community and tries to do justice by representing mercy players but instead of being helpful, she's harmful. She makes mercy players look even more laughable and ends up coming off as entitled while showing to the world her constant need to be the leader and to be the hero. 

Posted (edited)

Ryan, danzings, danzings_, and also goes by vertu 100% can confirm, is her boyfriend.

he has had a giant crush on her since his last relationship. His tumblr shows it lol

adding in, this video has a lot of screen caps of her discord messages and she even decided not to censor the n word...? I don’t understand that personally.

https://youtu.be/kaloqltMqBc

Edited by ayase
added more for context

Posted

How was the N-word example taken out of context? Was she quoting someone else or a counterpoint or something? 

Also, what about the "if you want to end racism, you want to end freedom of thought," thing? I mean, I could understand how someone could make the point that the only way to enforce a racism-free world would be to have a 1984 deal, but it's still a rather bold statement. 

She was originally talking about why the N word was not okay to use vs the usage of "retard" and how she wasn't shying from spelling it out in discussion because she's "not a child," I believe. Still not okay imo, but yeah, she wasn't using it in the way most people are making it out to be. 

Aside from that, she knew what she was doing, like with the misleading screenshot in one of her Mercy videos. On another note, the girl is both dumb and smart when concerning her receipts. The raid had way too many witnesses to ignore, but she's been deleting tweets and videos regularly since she started her YT career. Looks like she caught on that PULL has a thread on her and went AWOL again lol.

Posted

The whole uwutuber debacle was all about exposing the e-girl community for the blatant pedobaiting and other controversial issues (which we don't have time to unpack right now) where I supported her and voiced my own opinions when that wasp nest was initially kicked. I'll give her credit, she had balls of steel for putting up with the crazy ass threats that came from angry fans after the uwutuber video that raised a lot of good points about how fucked up the community was at the time. We're all PULL users here so I have no room to talk about who's the better person when we all gossip and talk shit lol 

With all that said, she acknowledged that she was just like an uwutuber too. High pitched voice and all in her deleted older videos. While it is disappointing to find out all of this about her, I'm not going to defend her because of how at one point I was rallying with her on an issue that I felt was important. You made your bed, now lay in it. Who the fuck tries to raid the forum for a game with an already notorious angry fanbase and think they'll win? 

Posted

Maybe this is a silly question, but has she deleted or renamed her discord channel?

Can't find it under the usual https://discord.gg/dulcetrefrain

Posted

I honestly kind of agreed with her whole rework mercy movement. Mercy is sometimes so boring to play and her healing isn't up to par with other support characters in overwatch. Like her ult just makes her fly, gives a bit mroe healing, and infinite ammo for those few seconds. I wish they put something else in her kit. but I started disagreeing with her raid and how toxic they got. LIke i think she just needs a few small changes to make her more fun and impactful. i do like her ultimate but honestly popping a mercy ult isn't going to possibly change the tide of the game.

Posted

holy shit never thought this thread would exist lol. her e-thots commentary stuff strain my eyes from rolling so hard.

first of all, don't get me wrong i love some good ol' call out videos, i think the "girls support girls" bullshit thots like to preach when convenient or calling other girls jealous to avoid criticism from them are borderline sexist and girls should be able to call out other girls, especially for something as fucked up as pandering to pedophiles. but to me aria rose "criticism" reeks insecurity and jealousy, all of it sounds like "these thots are bad!1!! they take attention from us real gaymer grills!1!! from grils like meee!1! im doing the goddess works u guise!!1!" she's like the new meta of pick-me girls. so unawarely self-aware.

secondly, her complaining about getting attacked by WK is a bit hypocritical don't you think considering her army of insecure "nice girls" are 24/7 ready to call anyone who dare point out flaws in her argument as "white knights" or "e-thots". when you make videos about e-thots, you will most definitely attract WK, its kinda an inevitability? i thought all commentary channels know this?? why make them if you can't handle them?

Posted

I wonder if she is coming back to PULL or shy away from the internet. 

Posted

I found this video and damn she really spilled the tea on this one. This girl got it right. Aria Rose is just plain stupid. 

Aria Rose makes all these videos about e-thots and expects not to get any criticism from anyone.

I only agree with that reverse racism exists. Just because it isn't as bad, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But let me clarify before this starts a whole discussion that it is not as bad as racism that POC experience. POC experience systematic oppression but white people sometimes do experience racism but it isn't something that completely controls their life. Lmao white people don't get lynched.

Posted

I found this video and damn she really spilled the tea on this one. This girl got it right. Aria Rose is just plain stupid. 

Aria Rose makes all these videos about e-thots and expects not to get any criticism from anyone.

I only agree with that reverse racism exists. Just because it isn't as bad, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. But let me clarify before this starts a whole discussion that it is not as bad as racism that POC experience. POC experience systematic oppression but white people sometimes do experience racism but it isn't something that completely controls their life. Lmao white people don't get lynched.

As much as I agree with some of the arguments against her, (aka some of the shit she's said I passionately disagree with) this whole kinda string of call out videos seems really overly dramatic. Did she say some problematic shit? Definitely, but those were also all statements made expressing her own opinion from what seems like her own discord. It's not like she tried to spread some message via her videos advocating to use the n-word freely or that everyone should be putting white people problems over others. This person is making a call out video and includes parts that condescends her with a laughing tone for expressing her opinion and sharing her experience about reverse racism, which is the exact kind of behavior POC have been facing for ages from others.

I think it was well expressed in the post I quoted, that in no way am I trying to say white people have it worse (I'm also speaking as a POC) but come on, there's no need to be petty towards each other and mock people's struggles and have to call them stupid in order to have a productive conversation. If the arguments were properly presented I'd personally feel much more valid about looking at her problematic statements. This video just makes me feel like I'm watching a video trying to call out Aria Rose but it's using the same condescending holier-than-thou tone that everyone has issues with Aria using to call out ethots lol

In general I just feel like people are still allowed to have and express their own opinions that may happen to offend me, because everyone is different and has unique experiences, but is it really necessary to make call out videos calling them stupid etc? I may not agree with Aria but she was expressing her opinion in a kinda lowkey way towards her own "audience" and "fans" in her discord, if we wanna call her a drama seeker for making exposed videos on ethots, these videos are just exhibiting the same behaviour. :alpacaworry: 

Posted

As much as I agree with some of the arguments against her, (aka some of the shit she's said I passionately disagree with) this whole kinda string of call out videos seems really overly dramatic. Did she say some problematic shit? Definitely, but those were also all statements made expressing her own opinion from what seems like her own discord. It's not like she tried to spread some message via her videos advocating to use the n-word freely or that everyone should be putting white people problems over others. This person is making a call out video and includes parts that condescends her with a laughing tone for expressing her opinion and sharing her experience about reverse racism, which is the exact kind of behavior POC have been facing for ages from others.

I think it was well expressed in the post I quoted, that in no way am I trying to say white people have it worse (I'm also speaking as a POC) but come on, there's no need to be petty towards each other and mock people's struggles and have to call them stupid in order to have a productive conversation. If the arguments were properly presented I'd personally feel much more valid about looking at her problematic statements. This video just makes me feel like I'm watching a video trying to call out Aria Rose but it's using the same condescending holier-than-thou tone that everyone has issues with Aria using to call out ethots lol

In general I just feel like people are still allowed to have and express their own opinions that may happen to offend me, because everyone is different and has unique experiences, but is it really necessary to make call out videos calling them stupid etc? I may not agree with Aria but she was expressing her opinion in a kinda lowkey way towards her own "audience" and "fans" in her discord, if we wanna call her a drama seeker for making exposed videos on ethots, these videos are just exhibiting the same behaviour. :alpacaworry: 

I kind of disagree. Even though it is on her own discord and towards her own audience, says all these things and uses this as evidence for her being an advocate for discussion and to shut down people who criticise her because she just can't take the heat.  Idk though