• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Aria Rose / Pixel Pleuve

738 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Aria Rose / Pixel Pleuve

Youtube (Main channel) //  Gaming channel // Instagram // Mixer // Soundcloud // Twitter // Website // CuriousCat

531269f797eead1ffd3507894576c6dc2fa4f8ae

Okay so this is the first time I'm making a thread, but I felt like this person deserves a thread on here. I am not the best at explaining things so hopefully the small "summary" is good enough.

Background:

Aria Rose is a Youtuber who mainly makes videos on Overwatch and has made music-related content in the past. Lately, she has started making videos calling out e-girls like Pokimane and Belle Delphine.

The #ReworkMercy Movement Drama

• Was basically a response to the #DeleteBrig movement, which happened a few months prior
  • According to her, she started it because she was not satisfied with Mercy's current abilities in the game and wanted them changed to make the character more enjoyable to play.
  • Aria also discussed in a video that she thought that the #DeleteBrig movement was toxic, and thus wanted to create a non-toxic movement to change Mercy (which obviously ended up being just as toxic as #DeleteBrig)
  • High-ranked Mercy mains and pro players reactions to the proposed rework ranged from ambivalent to negative, prompting her to create response videos that brought her more negative publicity
  • Ends up commanding her army of followers to brigade the official Overwatch Forums, flooding it with #ReworkMercy spam
    • Her boyfriend apparently posted on the Overwatch Circle Jerk to try to White Knight her 

ZySlx5b.png

**This person is thought to be her boyfriend because Aria has stated in her discord her boyfriend's name is Ryan https://imgur.com/a/QjEIarb, a person with the same username likes all of her tweets on twitter, and a person with the same username and the name Ryan in their profile on Instagram has flirted with her in comments on multiple occasions.

• Informative video on the raid/brigade: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=janCI1SzyoQ&t=215s

• Since the raid, she has deleted her social media and all videos pertaining to the #ReworkMercy movement on her channel.

Other Problematic Stuff That Has Happened

• Has drama with the e-girl community, due to her making videos on Pokimane and Belle Delphine (This is what apparently led to her deleting her Twitter)
  • Hypocritical-- preaches about how people should not be toxic and calls people like xQc, a pro Overwatch streamer out for being toxic, yet has been toxic about games on stream while playing Overwatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZArqN3nEFE

• Always tries to make herself look like the victim in situations
  • Uses problematic language (not completely sure of the context, but regardless you shouldn't be using this kind of language because it's gross)

OZiRLpy.png1v0Hjlo.jpg

When followers expressed their discomfort, she just seemed to ignore it:

xX6Dwar.png

• Thinks it's okay to be "trans-racial," which could also mean that she doesn't think it's bad to yellow-face/black-face. People in her discord have also said (no context) that they think that ending racism would essentially be ending freedom of thought (???)

2CURhQM.jpgIqP7i2f.png

• Has her own PULL account, which also goes by the name DulcetRefrain (make what you want of this, we're all here too lol)
    • Has publicly brought up her PULL thread, calling attention to it and still continues to use the site:

SmartSelect_20190217-071123_Chrome.jpg

• Many thanks to this reddit post for some of the info & sources
  • Another reddit post on all of the drama

I really didn't think about this very much until she made a video (which seems to be deleted now) encouraging her fans to spam the official Overwatch forums about how Mercy needs a rework. This is what gave me a bad taste in my mouth, she did mention that people should bring proper criticism and not just spewing stuff. But it still feels bad that she is encouraging her movement to spam a forum just because of her opinions on a character.

She is also very hypocritical, you can find more about that in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZArqN3nEFE This video explains the #ReworkMercy movement and her hypocrisy pretty well.

Edited by FlakeReview
edited by mahoushoujo with more info/etc.

Posted

I know there is a dulcetrefrain on this forum, isn't it the same person?

Posted

I know there is a dulcetrefrain on this forum, isn't it the same person?

yes it is.

Posted

I decided to point out the main points of the the video I linked from Soradot ( Here )

• Was not able to take criticism from another youtuber mercy main who gave valid criticism to the reworkmercy movement. Instead of being open to discussion, she referred to the person as a "shady ass hoe". (screenshots are shown in the video)
  • The hypocrisy: Aria has a video on "How to be an E-girl/uwutuber". I guess she wanted it to be a joke until you realise she is doing the exact same things she is making fun of in that video. She also made a thread on here about "uwutubers".
  • Toxicity; despite supposedly being all about positivity. ( Example )

A reddit post with more info on her toxicity.

You can have whatever opinions you want on a character, I personally don't agree with her mercy opinions, but raiding a forum for it and encouraging your fans to do it too is just shitty. She often deletes everything as soon as it backfires, all the videos that talked about the forum raids are deleted now.

I know she's a PULL user, but I wasn't sure if she's still active. Anyway, being a PULL user shouldn't give her a "free-out-of-jail" card for snowflakey behavior.

Sorry if my explanations here looks like a mess. I'm not good with screenshots, but all the links I've posted here include screenshots as proof of her behavior.

Posted

So longtime lurker here. Hello! 

I think her music is nice. With that said, that's the only thing I like about her and it's clear that this is a trend where she gets inflated with ego when she manages to get a following. When her music wasn't getting enough attention, she made that uwu parody. Then she moved on to OW videos, and got a massive following once she started the #reworkmercy movement to bring back mass rez. And then when she rode on that for a while and the movement started to taper off and die after some reworks where Mercy became somewhat more viable in the current patches, she decided to make e-girl streamer videos like Bel Delphine and Pokimane. It's an obvious cycle.

Now to be fair, the racist and N word comments were taken out of context. The use of the word "retard" though is something she did do frequently back then, and her transracial comments are still inherently questionable. 

She does go on mass delete when things don't turn out as planned, such as the huge controversey with her calling the esports player Seagull braindead when he criticized aspects of Overwatch and Mercy. She herself is a lower tier rank, yet her common argument against --and especially higher tier female players such as Fran -- is that they don't know what they're talking about + some disparaging and dismissive name calling.

Anyway, the user ApprehensiveSeat5 from that reddit post has major dish on her. Moreover, the apology she issued on Twitter is still problematic due to the fact that she still tries to victimize herself by calling herself the "punching bag" of the community. Now I have depression, and I understand what it's like to sometimes let it get the best of you, but using it to not even properly apologize is just deflecting. She did a lot of awful things for this #reworkmercy group she built, including harrassing or encouraging harrassment against naysayers. 

It looks like she's moved on to Minecraft now, but she seriously needs to just drop social media altogether if it's really affecting her mental health. 

Posted

Did she delete her twitter again?

Posted

Did she delete her twitter again?

Yes. It's gone.

Posted

god i've played Overwatch since it came up and, istg whenever I see someone supporting this idiot or retweeting her videos and going #ReworkMercy that's an instant block from me. 

idk what else i can say about her aside from the fact that her head is way too far up her own ass and she's really not that good at the game lol.

Posted

I don't shit on a fellow Mercy main. Aria Rose is cute, cute is justice. Your point is invalid.  Aria <3

Also Overwatch has become worse over the years. From a game where all heroes where viable and your skill decided who wins, Blizzard turned it into a Rock Paper Scissors game. Know the meta or die.

Posted

I don't shit on a fellow Mercy main. Aria Rose is cute, cute is justice. Your point is invalid.  Aria <3

Also Overwatch has become worse over the years. From a game where all heroes where viable and your skill decided who wins, Blizzard turned it into a Rock Paper Scissors game. Know the meta or die.

Coming from a fellow healer main with many hours on Mercy, this thread is NOT about Overwatch. It's about Aria and the drama she started in the community and the toxic personality she has. You seriously sound like a WK holy shit

Posted

No comment on the overwatch stuff, I honest don't know enough about it to say much, but was having issues with the e-girl community really that problematic? I feel like a lot of people on this forum expressed the same thoughts she had in her videos about Poki and Belle, I mean she's on this forum and everything, so it was actually refreshing to see someone make videos about it and summarize it to a YouTube audience who might not be aware of the shit/drama that goes on with the egirls they worship.

I don't follow/know about her other than from her comments on PULL and those few drama vids but I was pretty glad someone had the balls to publically call out the egirl shit on behalf of some people on the forum who would much rather stay anonymous. She's definitely already getting shit from wks about talking shit publically, it would feel hypocritical (for me at least) to also shit on her on the same forum for voicing the opinions of a lot of us publically. Since I wouldn't want to get flak for talking about it, I feel like I don't mind her making vids about it even if it's for the exchange of some "clout" I guess, since at least the messages are getting out there? At least that's my opinion as far as the egirl vids go, I personally kinda appreciated them. 

Posted

Now to be fair, the racist and N word comments were taken out of context. The use of the word "retard" though is something she did do frequently back then, and her transracial comments are still inherently questionable. 

How was the N-word example taken out of context? Was she quoting someone else or a counterpoint or something? 

Also, what about the "if you want to end racism, you want to end freedom of thought," thing? I mean, I could understand how someone could make the point that the only way to enforce a racism-free world would be to have a 1984 deal, but it's still a rather bold statement. 

Posted

I quite liked her callout videos because a lot of them made valid points,

HOWEVER

A lot of them turned into just hating general pretty girls on twitch for streaming with a cam :alpacaconfused:

Posted

Coming from a fellow healer main with many hours on Mercy, this thread is NOT about Overwatch. It's about Aria and the drama she started in the community and the toxic personality she has. You seriously sound like a WK holy shit

the whole rework mercy thing is just annoying af cause, honestly the only thing they changed is her damn ult. up until the latest nerf, but , you can charge Valk so fast now it doesn't even matter, feels like a fancy E ability anyway if you play her right. she's just salty cause Mercy aint the best healer anymore in all ranks up to GM lmao. this is coming from someone who has well over 500h on Mercy. 

anyway, her callout vids kinda feel like an attempt to get clout. maybe i'm biased but considering she seems to like attention...going from making OW vids to calling out e thots was just...eh...why start now ya know?

Posted

I don't see an issue in her calling out pokimane and belle delphine, but it did spark some drama between her and poki/belle's fans it seems like. I don't mind her calling out "Loli e-girls" either, because I personally find that type of pedo-baiting wrong. Sometimes I would just feel like she was being a bit hypocritical about some of the things she said about other girl gamers. 

Also, when this thread got moved to Online Personalities, it seems like one of the mods(?) changed my summary and improved it. When I originally wrote it, I felt like the info was all over the place and not summarised well and I'm glad someone "polished" it, so to say. I don't know who did it but I want to let you know that I really appreciated it, thank you <3