• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Quenlin Blackwell

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Quenlin Blackwell is a 17 year old girl from Texas. She is well known on Twitter and previously Vine. She has a Youtube channel as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRE2zmVNW9wG2dndMoV4JKQ (496k subscribers)

https://twitter.com/quenblackwell (877k followers)

https://www.instagram.com/quenblackwell/ (617k followers)

Was "quensadilla" on Vine!

quen1.thumb.png.8d4384cd1c3e12c8115431a3quen2.thumb.png.2850c31fbf1e5da37ce1bfbb

I think she is a really sweet girl who stays out of trouble. She's been very open and vocal about her mental health on Twitter, specifically shedding light on her Depression, Anxiety, and recently an Eating Disorder that she overcame. She moved from Vine to twitter to post funny videos in her room, basically doing the same things she did on vine. (Dancing, dancing goofy, wearing a face mask and ranting about random things.)

~

The only scandal I believe she dealt with was in 2017: she promoted a skin care brand that was going to be run by her, but it never worked out. Twitter sometimes jokes about this to her, but she hasn't talked about it since. I can't say that it makes her a bad person because she was younger when this happened. Apparently her proof of it working were facetuned photos, so that's self explanatory! She was immature and thought she could run + create a whole skin care brand.

I think she's has a lot of potential and I hope she is able to emerge in an industry soon! I'm not sure how much she plans to post on Youtube, but Twitter is always blowing up in quoted tweets that she needs to be signed to a modelling agency. I think she could do it!

It's obvious that the past few years were difficult for her due to mental health issues, an example would be the inconsistencies in her content. I hope she'll post more, her and her cousin are always posting silly videos on Twitter/Instagram.

(the worst thing that is said about her throughout the internet is she's annoying/loud, so that's not too bad for someone who's been active since Vine!)

Edited by touru
typo!

Posted

i think shes cool but she does a lot of shit that those "comedy" teen viners did which is to exaggerate shit to seem wackier

example would be that one vine she did of herself in front of the mirror with the hanger in the back of her shirt laughing hysterically claiming it was when she saw herself in the mirror while making her "i don't need a degree to be a clothing hanger" vine and her laugh sounded so obviously fake and it's like ??? you don't need to do cringe shit like this if you're already funny as it is, quit while you're ahead

that being said, that's literally the worst thing i could say about her, so she's doing pretty well so far with that in mind 

Posted

You explained it perfectly! Her humor is definitely a hit or miss but I'm glad she's not doing SUCH weird stuff anymore. 

Posted

She's only 17? I somehow thought she was like at least 19-20 by now. I didn't realize she was so young back when she did Vine I guess lol.

Posted (edited)

yeah i'm honestly so surprised she's only 17 right now. that makes her more funny to me honestly because her vines are about fifty thousand times funnier than i EVER would have hoped to be when i was that age.

i deleted my twitter almost two years ago, but i feel like i vaguely remember people kinda dragging her a bit because of like.... god, i hope i'm not mixing her up with someone else, but i think she made like, soaps or skin care products or something, and she claimed it would cure all these various skin problems and people were like "lmao it's literally soap". it was either that, or she was describing her products in this really extra dramatic way claiming to use all these super rare organic ingredients or something... was that her? i remember it being her because i never knew what quen's name was, i only saw her on vine compliations, and suddenly people were talking about her on twitter and i was like "wait who??? oh that vine girl?!"

Edited by loversalibi

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by touru
``

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by touru
``