• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

bestdressed/ ashley

5154 posts in this topic

Posted

i’m sorry but what?

D8DA5B07-9AEF-4E90-BC76-061B967F5B06.jpeg

sometimes I just want to shake ashley and say "please do something!!!!" it looks like she's barely using makeup in this picture, which is the opposite of that "e-girl" look

ashley, if you're reading this, try something new, be crazy, be bold, people will criticize you either way, so please just try something

Posted (edited)

Even though Ashley is only 21 years old, for some reason she always seems super out of touch. It totally seems like she just discovered what tik tok was today lmao...

Also, ngl it looks a bit shit. I know it sounds harsh but I just honestly think she doesn't have friends to refer to when posting. Like doesn't she have anyone in her life that could tell her honestly if what she's posting is ugly as shit? Like you should obvs post something if you like it but I feel like she just doesn't know that it looks kinda baddd

Edited by makemecuteinmynextlife

Posted

Even though Ashley is only 21 years old, for some reason she always seems super out of touch. It totally seems like she just discovered what tik tok was today lmao...

Also, ngl it looks a bit shit. I know it sounds harsh but I just honestly think she doesn't have friends to refer to when posting. Like doesn't she have anyone in her life that could tell her honestly if what she's posting is ugly as shit? Like you should obvs post something if you like it but I feel like she just doesn't know that it looks kinda baddd 

I definitely don’t think she has any close friends, which is probably why she completely latched on to David when they were dating. Not to get OT but I don’t have any close friends myself so I understand her behaviour (oversharing, self-deprecating in order to be liked, etc). These are all things I do periodically but unlike Ashley I don’t have millions of young impressionable followers on several platforms. If she’s considering branching out and start actually designing clothes and eventually have a sustaining career outside of YouTube she needs to fix these inner issues she has or she won’t succeed in the market she’s trying to enter.

Posted

I definitely don’t think she has any close friends, which is probably why she completely latched on to David when they were dating. Not to get OT but I don’t have any close friends myself so I understand her behaviour (oversharing, self-deprecating in order to be liked, etc). These are all things I do periodically but unlike Ashley I don’t have millions of young impressionable followers on several platforms. If she’s considering branching out and start actually designing clothes and eventually have a sustaining career outside of YouTube she needs to fix these inner issues she has or she won’t succeed in the market she’s trying to enter.

Yeah, I totally agree. And there's nothing wrong with not having any close friends at your current point in life but I think especially for public figure it would definitely be really hard for her eventually, if it isn't already. And even with that guy she was mentioning for a while (I forgot his name lol), she put him in a video and put him as a reason for staying in LA but I def think she wad getting her hopes up for a guy who was probably thirsty. And I think these issues are gonna be really hard for her because without other people, you can't learn to be self aware. Like a bit of judgement from other people is good but she basically tries as hard as she can to ignore criticism. I wish she had someone to tell her that there are certain problems she needs to address but her fanbase is going to feed her ego so much that I doubt that she ever will anymore. Anyway, it makes me think that she's been alone for a long time. Idk for sure though, these are just my impression.

Posted

sometimes I just want to shake ashley and say "please do something!!!!" it looks like she's barely using makeup in this picture, which is the opposite of that "e-girl" look

ashley, if you're reading this, try something new, be crazy, be bold, people will criticize you either way, so please just try something

When I first discovered Ashley I was happy that there was a youtuber in the same life stage as me (about to finish uni etc etc) and I thought her pretentiousness and just overall awkwardness will improve with time as she got herself together but is even more frustrating that she actually thinks she's trying ?? not only with this particular attempt but she's always trying to be "the big sister Ashley who is all bout that hustle and super hard-working and look I'm so committed I sleep only 4 hours because I'm working so hard!"  but her results are pretty lackluster, I honestly think she's the type of person who believes that if she spends 8 hours on something is going to be good no matter what, that or she's simply trying to deflect criticism by always reminding her fans how "hard" she works.

Also, she did a igtv on her daily make up routine and the way she put on her foundation really is an eye-opening on why her cheeks look so splotchy all the time.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I totally agree. And there's nothing wrong with not having any close friends at your current point in life but I think especially for public figure it would definitely be really hard for her eventually, if it isn't already. And even with that guy she was mentioning for a while (I forgot his name lol), she put him in a video and put him as a reason for staying in LA but I def think she wad getting her hopes up for a guy who was probably thirsty. And I think these issues are gonna be really hard for her because without other people, you can't learn to be self aware. Like a bit of judgement from other people is good but she basically tries as hard as she can to ignore criticism. I wish she had someone to tell her that there are certain problems she needs to address but her fanbase is going to feed her ego so much that I doubt that she ever will anymore. Anyway, it makes me think that she's been alone for a long time. Idk for sure though, these are just my impression.

I completely agree, she has probably been alone for a long time. Yeah, she might talk and hang out for real with some people from time to time (like with that Elena chick), but I doubt she ever has meaningful life conversations with real people that don’t revolve around social media, men, and pseudo-intellectual topics. Having few or no friends is definitely not inherently bad, in fact, solitude can give you a lot of time for self reflection and to find your true self, but I do think it’s bad for someone that has no solid personality, no maturity, and no self fulfillment. There’s many people who live fairly solitary lives but who still thrive because they have an independent mind, they know what they want and they are constantly working towards realistic goals. Ashley has none of that, which is why her solitude leaves her very prone to delusion. She can’t see reality on her own and has no one to tell her how she really looks both inside and out. I doubt Elena tells her how bad her eyeliner  looks even  though  its obvious how bad it is. If my eyeliner looked terrible, I would appreciate my friends telling me lol, a true friend doesn’t want you looking all wonky. She only has her online worshippers that will tell her she’s the next Nikitutorials when her eyeliner is wonky, her blush is brown and unblended, and her foundation looks blotchy.

I do think Ashley hasn’t had real human connection for a while and again, that has left her in the very vulnerable, delusional state that she is in. OT but I also spent a while like that myself, not really making friends or talking to other people. However, I had the blessing of having my own parents and brother in my life. I can’t imagine what my life would have been if I didn’t have them. Having no true friends, and no family to connect with is a very scary thought and that sounds like Ashley’s case.  

It takes a great deal of strength and maturity to be a lone wolf that thrives in the world and Ashley is not a lone wolf to me, just a lonely, immature woman who probably still sees herself as a girl. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

Also, she did a igtv on her daily make up routine and the way she put on her foundation really is an eye-opening on why her cheeks look so splotchy all the time.

I just started watching it and she really rubbed that shit in with her hands... alright.

Nothing wrong with not using a sponge but the rubbing is what gets me, please pat it in at least!

Posted

yikes at the eyeliner job... I get she’s not a beauty guru and I don’t mind her putting out makeup related content every now and then but makeup videos/tutorials (esp that recent eyeliner tutorial) aren’t really her forte. I honestly hope she’ll just stick to what she’s good at 

what is she good at?

Posted (edited)

what is she good at?

Letting people know that she fucks... a lot....

Edit: Changed it to something that triggers people less

Edited by DreamyCat
Ummm, isn’t that what she does and what everyone on this thread says? Or it the word “penetrated” too politically incorrect?

Posted

what is she good at?

Her current content isn't up to par with what she used to do. She's dedicated to her platform and career. Personally, I think she has lots of strengths. She's good at following trends, presenting them in well-edited videos, and creating aesthetically pleasing content. She plans and creates content as opposed to winging it. It's a shame that she isn't using them in a way that betters her brand and channel. She's play acting as what she thinks people want. I can see that she's insecure and she's coping with her insecurities in an unhealthy manner. She's a smart, sweet girl who isn't making the most mature, healthy decisions right now. I hope that she is kinder to herself and smarter about her channel in the future.

Posted (edited)

So her furniture isn’t coming for another 11 days, she’s sleeping on a jacket on the floor, her apartment doesn’t have wifi, and she’s editing on a suitcase. Hmm is this because she completely rushed the moving process or is this a normal thing that happens when you move across the country? genuinely asking because i have no firsthand experience in moving.

15E55E07-2B51-45B1-9AE5-DD864C144EB1.png

4DDD0E9D-94EC-4BDD-8142-22783CD0CFCA.png

5F868621-6024-4098-853B-4CD300612F36.png

Edited by meower
added spoiler

Posted

So her furniture isn’t coming for another 11 days, she’s sleeping on a jacket on the floor, her apartment doesn’t have wifi, and she’s editing on a suitcase. Hmm is this because she completely rushed the moving process or is this a normal thing that happens when you move across the country? genuinely asking because i have no firsthand experience in moving.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

No clue but wouldn't be shocking to me if she's using her lack of planning skills to play up the whole "i work hard i'm such a hard worker i break my back and drive myself mad editing youtube videos" personality she's got goin on 

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Totally not normal. She could have sent some of the furniture she already owns to her new apartment and moved in once her stuff was there (she definitely has the money to do that) but I think she messed up to begin with by going to New York without having an apartment already.... She literally went there empty handed. Either way, she could easily buy an air mattress (there’s ones that are only like $60, she can’t be that stingy...right?). She could also get temporary cheap tables from ikea or something. She could also be in a nice hotel or airbnb until her furniture was there if she insists on not spending money on temporary items. Money gives you endless options in her situation. She’s either progressively losing brain cells or this is her way to pretend she’s somehow struggling. I don’t believe she is sleeping on top of her jacket for 11 days. If that was her dry humor, well, it wasn’t funny and I bet most of her audience didn’t take it as a joke either. 

Shes spending 10 hours a day  in a coffee shop just for the internet...girl. We all know your editing isn’t that great and you barely manage to do one lame video a week, you didn’t spend all those days and all that time “working” (and if you did, you need professional help). You’re in New York. You are rich. If your WiFi isn’t available yet, maybe take that as a chance to explore some places? Maybe some museums? Maybe go thrifting since you’re a “sustainability hero”and all? Go see a play perhaps? 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

It feels again that she wants a certain narrative to happen. She, Ashley, moving from the sunny LA across country to the cold and rainy NYC. Nothing more than a suitcase and her dreams are with her. She finds the dream apartment! But oh no, she has to sleep on the floor in an empty apartment! 

She just wants her life to be like a movie. I can already see how she will have a voice over in an upcoming video telling in a soft, quiet voice, how she arrived in NYC, this big, big city with it's hiiiiiiigh buildings and her being all alone in her empty apartment, sleeping on the floor. Don't be dump girl, just stay somewhere else or get yourself something temporary to sleep on. Might be that she's posting this only for show and not sleeping like this, but that is just insincere and make her seem dumb. Also, it is just disgusting to make it seem like she's "struggling" because it is "interesting" and a "good story to tell". It just seems so fake. 

This!!! Also, I have my suspicious she's really sleeping on a jacket because she doesn't need to. She could even sleep at a hotel/hostel for a few more nights, she has the money for that and wouldn't even need to ask a friend to crash at their couch for a few nights... It's just another story to make her seem as such a hardworking girl who's editing for three days straight without worrying about such mundane worries as sleep and couldn't bother to buy an air mattress.