• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

bestdressed/ ashley

2008 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread... is a mess. 

Anyways... I can't believe homegirl set her butt for New York without actually looking for a place, she's lucky she has enough money for that sort of reckless decision to not affect her immediately, but she's going to spread herself out thin if she doesn't manage it well. What is homegirl thinking???   

Posted

the problem is everyone in this thread argues with each other and then says IM ACTUALLY DONE DISCUSSING THIS NOW after replying back and forth multiple times lmfao.

i genuinely cannot believe she just moved without having a new apartment? why would you do that? where is the logic?? help???

kinda off topic but i wish tiffany ferg would critique ashley in one of her videos about sustainability and green washing but that will never happen. people can do whatever they want with their money but with ashley’s wealth, she genuinely doesn’t have any morally justifiable reason to continue to shop fast fashion.

Posted

kinda off topic but i wish tiffany ferg would critique ashley in one of her videos about sustainability and green washing but that will never happen. people can do whatever they want with their money but with ashley’s wealth, she genuinely doesn’t have any morally justifiable reason to continue to shop fast fashion.

Ashley is really missing an opportunity. I don't know of any young youtubers who have the resources to explore sustainable fashion like she does. I want her to do a series where she reviews sustainable brands. There aren't many popular and known sustainable brands so she could use her platform to make them known. Ashley buys expensive clothes so she can afford the prices that those brands charge, too. It would be cool to see reviews because I can't afford to buy something potentially crappy when it's that expensive.

the problem is everyone in this thread argues with each other and then says IM ACTUALLY DONE DISCUSSING THIS NOW after replying back and forth multiple times lmfao.

I wish the "ignore" option on this site would mute/hide, too, so that I wouldn't have to scroll past the fights lol

Posted

i feel like half of us at this point are begging for tiffany ferg to discuss ashley's hypocrisy & lies! even if she does shop sustainably, who knows if the material was sourced ethically and not using slave labor. she should have never opened her mouth about being a "sustainable queen" when it's so blatantly obvious that she solely thrifts JUST to hike up the price on her website, ugh. besides that, anyone see her ig post/story about her doing an "eyeliner tutorial" no one asked for? gg literally ripped her to shreds about it, as a makeup wearer, i wish someone snatched those glossier blushes out her grubby hands. screenshot below, her eyeliner is wonky and her blush so poorly blended (and the wrong color!), it looks like someone slapped her across the face with bronzer. 

Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 10.18.59 PM.png

Posted

man, i really wish she would too but since she's a fan of ashley i doubt it'll happen anytime soon 😔

Posted

i feel like half of us at this point are begging for tiffany ferg to discuss ashley's hypocrisy & lies! even if she does shop sustainably, who knows if the material was sourced ethically and not using slave labor. she should have never opened her mouth about being a "sustainable queen" when it's so blatantly obvious that she solely thrifts JUST to hike up the price on her website, ugh. besides that, anyone see her ig post/story about her doing an "eyeliner tutorial" no one asked for? gg literally ripped her to shreds about it, as a makeup wearer, i wish someone snatched those glossier blushes out her grubby hands. screenshot below, her eyeliner is wonky and her blush so poorly blended (and the wrong color!), it looks like someone slapped her across the face with bronzer. 

Are her eyes... actually considered small? Or does she mean like the depth of her lids? I don't know if the makeup is blended poorly or if she's just having skin issues but yeah that bronzer... what is that???????

I watched Tiffany Ferg's video on Haley Pham and was hoping someone would bring Ashley's shit to her attention but I guess not

Posted

yea tiffany oddly loves ashley. she even bought and wore those earrings ashley designed for that jewelry company in one of her latest videos. so... keep dreaming. i doubt this will ever happen.

Posted

Wait thats blush??? Why does it look more on the tan/brown side?? And it looks so splotchy and uneven I thought it was just skin discoloration...

hey I’m just saying that I am allowed to have my own opinion. That’s what downvotes are for, to show your dislike towards a comment. What you can’t do is spam the thread with personal complaints about how much you dislike a comment. Several people here think they can police what can be said or not said. That’s all I’m saying. 

And what im saying is that its only you 2 arguing with each other and flooding up a thread when we're trying to find updates on Ashley. Idc abt either side and frankly nobody else does. There is no ignore/mute button on PULL that makes it so we don't see your replies to each other. Be considerate of the ppl who don't know or dont care abt what both of you are arguing about, and take it to the private messaging system (the whole reason why thats there)

Posted

i literally commented like once lmao just to say that we should really consider what criteria we use when evaluating ashley-- her looks aren't what makes her problematic, it's her personality and her other actions. i don't know why saying this caused such a issue lmao because me commenting this isn't as big of a deal as y'all make it seem. it was never an ongoing argument and i have the right to say what i want if its relevant to what makes ashley a problem. also i wasn't planning on arguing again lol 

Posted

i literally commented like once lmao just to say that we should really consider what criteria we use when evaluating ashley-- her looks aren't what makes her problematic, it's her personality and her other actions. i don't know why saying this caused such a issue lmao because me commenting this isn't as big of a deal as y'all make it seem. it was never an ongoing argument and i have the right to say what i want if its relevant to what makes ashley a problem. also i wasn't planning on arguing again lol 

i don’t think what you said is really the issue tbh. it’s just a pattern in general with this thread lately. usually dreamycat and someone else getting into it about something lol

Posted (edited)

I kind of agree that people should stop policing what is said. The thing is people arguing doesn’t necessarily stop you from commenting or changing the topic. I think posting about how people should stop arguing or that someone’s insults are too mean clogs up the thread just as much as the original post. Also, the way I see it, Dreamycat contributes a lot to the thread when she’s not getting into arguments and there’s some people here and 50% of their post history is them trying to moderate the thread and saying like “this is getting boring” without contributing anything themselves. If all you have to say is that you’re tired of people arguing then just change the topic instead of posting about it because it’s just as annoying. And it’s really discouraging when you’re genuinely trying to explain your thoughts but there’s people who act like you’re only supposed to write whatever pleases them. I don’t always agree with Dreamycat but at least she offers a different perspective. We can either have a thread with the occasional argument or an echo chamber of Yes Men and I know which one I would personally prefer.

(Sorry, I can’t spoiler cos mobile)

Anyway, Ashley must be running out of content or something to be making eyeliner videos. Like has anyone genuinely subscribed to her because of her make up? When I first watched Ashley, it was def her personality that made the videos interesting but now I kinda realised that that’s really the only thing that holds her videos together. Because she fills every moment with a one of her life “revelations” or jokes, it makes me forget that what she’s saying is actually really fucking basic information. Like I don’t think I’ve ever genuinely learned something on her channel or thought that I really wanted to wear one of the outfits she’s put together. Like this is literally the girl that has made multiple cropped sweater tutorials that are legit just her hacking the bottom of.

some ppl think that pity=liking, but no. Acting pitiful will not make people like you, it will make people feel like they're walking on eggshells around you and not want to talk to you that much

Yeah, I swear the only way Ashley knows how to make people like her is by humiliating herself in front of them. Like that BTS video in her car. And the sad thing is it actually works. Because people see that she’s just as pathetic as they are and relate to that (since everyone is a little pathetic in some way). She’s like those people that can only make friends by oversharing about their personal problems to make people feel bad for them. And even if she’s annoying, she does have some semblance of a personality so I don’t understand why she has to stoop so low to garner sympathy. 

Edited by makemecuteinmynextlife

Posted

Anyway, Ashley must be running out of content or something to be making eyeliner videos. Like has anyone genuinely subscribed to her because of her make up? When I first watched Ashley, it was def her personality that made the videos interesting but now I kinda realised that that’s really the only thing that holds her videos together. Because she fills every moment with a one of her life “revelations” or jokes, it makes me forget that what she’s saying is actually really fucking basic information. Like I don’t think I’ve ever genuinely learned something on her channel or thought that I really wanted to wear one of the outfits she’s put together. Like this is literally the girl that has made multiple cropped sweater tutorials that are legit just her hacking the bottom of.

what you said about none of her videos even being helpful is so accurate. i have also never been exactly inspired by anything she has worn. turning to fashion as a full time career is a really bad idea for her in my opinion. she’s not creative with her clothing. i can’t see her clothing line offering anything you couldn’t get at zara or eggie or urban outfitters. she doesn’t seem innovative when it comes to fashion. the cool girl, glossier, socal thing has been beaten to death when it comes to new brands popping up. i really think she should’ve stuck with film and videography. i think her older videos used to have super cute editing and that’s what made them fun to watch. now it’s the same redundant editing with “wear a cropped shirt with high waisted pants.”

Posted

i really wish she would try different clothing esp because new york won't let her always wear crop tops yknow but i just don't find it too different from what she's done before

Posted (edited)

I kind of agree that people should stop policing what is said. The thing is people arguing doesn’t necessarily stop you from commenting or changing the topic. I think posting about how people should stop arguing or that someone’s insults are too mean clogs up the thread just as much as the original post. Also, the way I see it, Dreamycat contributes a lot to the thread when she’s not getting into arguments and there’s some people here and 50% of their post history is them trying to moderate the thread and saying like “this is getting boring” without contributing anything themselves. If all you have to say is that you’re tired of people arguing then just change the topic instead of posting about it because it’s just as annoying. And it’s really discouraging when you’re genuinely trying to explain your thoughts but there’s people who act like you’re only supposed to write whatever pleases them. I don’t always agree with Dreamycat but at least she offers a different perspective. We can either have a thread with the occasional argument or an echo chamber of Yes Men and I know which one I would personally prefer.

I don't disagree with this notion as a whole. It's important to have different opinions and learn that just because you don't share the same viewpoint, it doesn't mean it is wrong and therefore okay to police (though I have to say, I don't see that many cases of people policing than I do people criticizing), however, at the very least from my perspective- the perspective of a lurker lol, some people very much blur the lines between what's valid criticism and what is straight-up foul and not okay to say. I've seen statements here that use things that are worthy of criticism and then lump it with criticism that is very unwarranted and often things that Ashley legitimately can't change about herself. Yes, that's an opinion you're free to have, but it's an opinion that's also free to be criticized if it crosses a line. I think people can be more polite and less aggressive in their responses, and allow those in question to explain themselves. It's more productive, and it is good to keep each other in check like that. Being on a gossip site doesn't mean your standard for how you speak to and about people drops to sub-zero. It's okay for people to break out into the occasional argument, but what I find irritating and frankly the negative of this thread (and yes, unfortunately, dreamycat is a culprit of this) is the immediate need to be overly defensive and then somehow manage to double down and make your stance look worse, then the discussion turns into a fighting match because neither side is willing to concede that perhaps what they said wasn't the best thing, or perhaps they misunderstood or come to terms that they can't meet eye to eye and move on. The topic gets dropped only to be picked up again when someone says something that crosses lines for most users here. This isn't a dig at you or even dreamy lol, I just needed to get this out here as someone who's lurked enough to see one too many fights that revolve around the same thing lol. 

Tbh, with the way Ashley presents herself, you know this dorky, endearing BUT self-aware personality, I can see tiffany getting blind-sighted by that and not seeing the less favourable aspects of her personality and morals. It's never going to happen unless she manages to top her Amazon sponsor twice lel. 

Edited by Danifofany

Posted

(Sorry, I can’t spoiler cos mobile)

Yeah, I swear the only way Ashley knows how to make people like her is by humiliating herself in front of them. Like that BTS video in her car. And the sad thing is it actually works. Because people see that she’s just as pathetic as they are and relate to that (since everyone is a little pathetic in some way). She’s like those people that can only make friends by oversharing about their personal problems to make people feel bad for them. And even if she’s annoying, she does have some semblance of a personality so I don’t understand why she has to stoop so low to garner sympathy. 

I think definitely she prob thinks that if she doesn't self-deprecate, then people wont be nice to her? Like, ppl prob defend her so much and be like "Oh poor Ashley you all bully her so much and she has so much emotional issues already!" Like, there's nothing wrong w/ being vulnerable and in touch w/ ur emotions. I think that's a great thing! But she overshares way too much and I think she needs to be careful and set boundaries for herself. Its not bad to not share every single trauma or thing thats happened in ur life, that's respecting yourself as a person.