• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

bestdressed/ ashley

1895 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The worst time to move to NYC. It's going to be gray and sludgy for the next 4 months at least. Winters here are depressing and miserable. I would've stayed in LA till April and hit NY when it's most beautiful/right before the tourist madness begins. 

Edited by graylights

Posted

Is there one thing you’re not gonna nitpick on or ramble about from her? O.o

this is the same person who decided she wasn't asian enough for them lmaooo and thought it was actually okay to assign someone their identity 

honestly it really really pisses me off. why the fuck are we attacking someone's natural physical features?? her hands are fine. 

Posted

i definitely think she should have waited to move till nyc until her lease is up, i cannot imagine how awful it must be to feel 1) extremely lonely, 2) outside your comfort zone in an even bigger, cramped city & 3) staying in a stranger's home/hotel until you find the "perfect" apartment. knowing ashley, she does stuff on impulse but it could be months until she finds a place she likes. @sipi is also right on the money with her ig feed doing a 360, she's either going to edit her pictures to death to match her warm la vibes feed or adopt a new faux goth aesthetic to match the art students (think cup of jasmien or lilith frey). regardless, i wonder if she stockpiled videos or will go to ig stories making excuses for not uploading..

Posted

this is the same person who decided she wasn't asian enough for them lmaooo and thought it was actually okay to assign someone their identity 

honestly it really really pisses me off. why the fuck are we attacking someone's natural physical features?? her hands are fine. 

exactly. i get criticizing things like stuff she chooses to post online and the crazy amount of sex jokes, but some of y'all need to tone it down. calling her anorexic, picking at her physical appearance and the things she can't change (her hands? seriously? there's literally nothing wrong with them lmfao) is just plain low. this is literally the reason why people are too scared to put themselves out there bc people like this tear them down for things they can't change

Posted

Her impulse move is a waste of money. Those "worst purchases I made in my 20s" vids that the og youtube girls did all talk about this. They had money coming in but they had no concept of saving or wasting money. Lindsey Hughes lives in LA and said her big regret is breaking her lease for no reason but moving to a cuter place. This is the classic youtube cycle where they get all of this money and spend it like crazy. They barely have any savings so they have trouble buying a house. Katy Lustrelux said she had trouble buying a house because "youtuber" isn't a great job to put down on a mortgage application. Hotel living isn't glamorous either. It takes a toll on emotional health because it feels temporary and you can't truly make yourself at home. Ashley really isn't thinking long term at all. Changing cities and ig aesthetics won't fix whatever she hates about her life

i definitely think she should have waited to move till nyc until her lease is up, i cannot imagine how awful it must be to feel 1) extremely lonely, 2) outside your comfort zone in an even bigger, cramped city & 3) staying in a stranger's home/hotel until you find the "perfect" apartment. knowing ashley, she does stuff on impulse but it could be months until she finds a place she likes. @sipi is also right on the money with her ig feed doing a 360, she's either going to edit her pictures to death to match her warm la vibes feed or adopt a new faux goth aesthetic to match the art students (think cup of jasmien or lilith frey). regardless, i wonder if she stockpiled videos or will go to ig stories making excuses for not uploading..

Posted (edited)

What a way to twist words. find the sentence where I said she wasn’t Asian enough or let it be. I just said that she mentioned being ashamed of her Asian features, and it’s very common for Asian Americans to whitewash themselves because of shame, assimilation, white beauty standards, etc. You talk about this as if I was saying something so radical and unheard of. I commented on that a while back already and you’re still bringing it up. Just because you and some others don’t like racial topics doesn’t mean the rest of us have to say nothing about it to make you feel comfortable. No rule was broken so stop spamming the thread with complaints. If you want to talk to me about my comments you are free to message me. Otherwise just let it go. 

Sigh....

Anyways, as it’s been said before, she will definitely find her unrealistic expectations of New York to be unreal. Did anyone see when she showed her bloody fingers from how much she picks on them? I think her anxieties and insecurities are at the top right now and she thinks this move will somehow help. She was in such a hurry to leave LA because of her breakup that she didn’t bother with actually finding an apartment to live in or moving when the weather is better. She’s a train wreck.  

(To those who are still bothered by my comment about her having man hands that I even forgot i said it cause PULL has been down for a decade lmao: I have no respect for someone who constantly picks on women for  being women and who feels better than them yet does nothing to prove she really is better. She has even said that being a housewife would be the worst thing to happen to her. She is a fake feminist who puts other women down and criticizes women for being conventionally attractive and vain yet saying she has man hands is too much? Ok. I won’t respect someone who has no respect for women. Women make their own choices and have their own interests that they can’t change and Ashley constantly criticizes them for it. Saying she has man hands is nothing.)

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

Why does Ashley talk about really sad things in her videos? Like she’s talking about a blanket and suddenly it’s about her being depressed and needing human contact. Or her having acne is because of her crying a lot. I don’t necessarily think it’s bad but I feel like I think a therapist would do her a lot more good then her talking about that stuff in videos. She seems like she has a need to post a lot of personal stuff on social media. 

Sometimes, I feel like Ashley is just trying to make you feel bad for her. I don’t want to be mean but I think it’s kinda unfair to go easy on someone just because they say things to garner your sympathy. After a while it all starts sounding like “boo hoo” and don’t think she’s the only one with that problem, but still. I just can’t tell if sees feeling sorry for herself, trying to make her viewers feel bad for her, or she’s just saying because... idek?? When you deliberately share something really personal then there must be a reason, right? 

some ppl think that pity=liking, but no. Acting pitiful will not make people like you, it will make people feel like they're walking on eggshells around you and not want to talk to you that much

this makes me feel like she was not the one dealing w/ the lease, rent, etc. but her parents were just taking care of the finances, she just picked whatever home looked nice. Like... you have to research A LOT before moving; check if utilities are included in your rent, how long is the lease that they want you to sign? Long-term/short-term? Did she research certain protections or laws for tenants so she doesn't get screwed over by landlords? BUT SHE DOESNT EVEN HAVE AN ACTUAL PLACE SET UP. like why the fuck are you moving across the fucking country and you don't even have the place yet???? Like im sorry if this is rude BUT THATS SO FUCKING STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE OF HER

Posted

this makes me feel like she was not the one dealing w/ the lease, rent, etc. but her parents were just taking care of the finances, she just picked whatever home looked nice. Like... you have to research A LOT before moving; check if utilities are included in your rent, how long is the lease that they want you to sign? Long-term/short-term? Did she research certain protections or laws for tenants so she doesn't get screwed over by landlords? BUT SHE DOESNT EVEN HAVE AN ACTUAL PLACE SET UP. like why the fuck are you moving across the fucking country and you don't even have the place yet???? Like im sorry if this is rude BUT THATS SO FUCKING STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE OF HER

She just packed an peeled wallpaper off the day/night before she left LA, no chance she finished up everything in her apartment for her landlord, so I guess her lease is still going and she will either come back to finish everything or let someone else do it. 

It really feels like she needs her life to be some sort of narrative or movie. It's 2020 and January, the new year's starting - so she HAS to move to NY NOW, because it's a fitting narrative and "poetic". So now she is paying rent for her old place for likely also February, paying for a moving company across the country, paying for storage in NY and also paying for an airbnb. But hey, Ashley made enough from amazon that this shouldn't be a problem, right?

I mean, I can imagine that she had an apartment which eventually fell through and now she is apartment hunting again. But what a messy situation.

Wish Ashley would be as dedicated to her mental health as she is with her aesthetic and branding.

Posted

What a way to twist words. find the sentence where I said she wasn’t Asian enough or let it be. I just said that she mentioned being ashamed of her Asian features, and it’s very common for Asian Americans to whitewash themselves because of shame, assimilation, white beauty standards, etc. You talk about this as if I was saying something so radical and unheard of. I commented on that a while back already and you’re still bringing it up. Just because you and some others don’t like racial topics doesn’t mean the rest of us have to say nothing about it to make you feel comfortable. No rule was broken so stop spamming the thread with complaints. If you want to talk to me about my comments you are free to message me. Otherwise just let it go. 

Sigh....

Anyways, as it’s been said before, she will definitely find her unrealistic expectations of New York to be unreal. Did anyone see when she showed her bloody fingers from how much she picks on them? I think her anxieties and insecurities are at the top right now and she thinks this move will somehow help. She was in such a hurry to leave LA because of her breakup that she didn’t bother with actually finding an apartment to live in or moving when the weather is better. She’s a train wreck.  

(To those who are still bothered by my comment about her having man hands that I even forgot i said it cause PULL has been down for a decade lmao: I have no respect for someone who constantly picks on women for  being women and who feels better than them yet does nothing to prove she really is better. She has even said that being a housewife would be the worst thing to happen to her. She is a fake feminist who puts other women down and criticizes women for being conventionally attractive and vain yet saying she has man hands is too much? Ok. I won’t respect someone who has no respect for women. Women make their own choices and have their own interests that they can’t change and Ashley constantly criticizes them for it. Saying she has man hands is nothing.)

If you have an issue with her behaviour around feminism, then criticize her fake feminism. Don't insult her appearance in return. Her problematic behaviour does not justify yours. Stop.

Posted

She's been progressively losing weight, she has said that she is "relatively skinny" when she is actually very skinny, has commented on planning to alter her clothes so they fit tighter (meaning that she has no plans to gain weight), and how she felt bad about how her ribcage will probably not get any smaller. 

I'm sorry but facial hollowness (AKA loss of plumpness to the face) is very common in ED's. Her comments, her loss of body and facial weight, as well as knowing that she has a sister with an ED, and her obvious issues with self-esteem and body image lead me to believe she is not having healthy eating habits. I'm sorry if you don't like the word "plump". Let's use the word "fullness" then if it will please you. And since when is speaking about her identity not allowed on here? We are clearly being all up in her business in everything else on here, why is this off limits? I don't see any sign that she doesn't hide her Asian features anymore. In fact, if you look at her videos from before, she wears a lot more makeup now.

twisting words?? bro you asked so here it is. i think after looking at all of your posts here, it is clear to me that you enjoy simply hating on ashley. you don't really care about critiquing her as a character, you simply get satisfaction by attacking her in ways that reflect bullying. you've continuously slut shamed her (which is different from saying she might be insecure from her sex jokes), attacked her actual features that no one can change about themselves, and striven to draw damaging conclusions from very little evidence. 

i mentioned how attacking her physical features made me personally uncomfortable. i believe we should be allowed to be constructive of her character and perhaps her fashion choices but suggesting she might have an ACTUAL eating disorder based on her appearance is very vile and low to me. you still tried to defend yourself from this, but extrapolating her sister's eating disorder onto her is still in very poor taste. 

speaking about her identity is allowed, but you clearly wanted to assign it to her by accusing her of still being insecure about her asianness (and without any evidence) by continuously suggesting she tries to hide her asian features. i think that's a very human thing that ashley had to go through, and she was vulnerable in saying that it's something that took her longer to accept. i don't see anything wrong with her improving upon herself.

If you have an issue with her behaviour around feminism, then criticize her fake feminism. Don't insult her appearance in return. Her problematic behaviour does not justify yours. Stop.

exactly, it's not even that she does things maliciously, but out of ignorance

so they chose to be an asshole and a fake feminist KNOWINGLY lol

Posted

i need yall to deal with this in DMs instead of hashing it out in a thread bc it becomes less about Ashley and more about your opinions you have on more general topics like feminism, race, ect.

Posted

i need yall to deal with this in DMs instead of hashing it out in a thread bc it becomes less about Ashley and more about your opinions you have on more general topics like feminism, race, ect.

i think its perfectly relevant to our discussion-- ashley's actions are what are being discussed

Posted (edited)

twisting words?? bro you asked so here it is. i think after looking at all of your posts here, it is clear to me that you enjoy simply hating on ashley. you don't really care about critiquing her as a character, you simply get satisfaction by attacking her in ways that reflect bullying. you've continuously slut shamed her (which is different from saying she might be insecure from her sex jokes), attacked her actual features that no one can change about themselves, and striven to draw damaging conclusions from very little evidence. 

i mentioned how attacking her physical features made me personally uncomfortable. i believe we should be allowed to be constructive of her character and perhaps her fashion choices but suggesting she might have an ACTUAL eating disorder based on her appearance is very vile and low to me. you still tried to defend yourself from this, but extrapolating her sister's eating disorder onto her is still in very poor taste. 

speaking about her identity is allowed, but you clearly wanted to assign it to her by accusing her of still being insecure about her asianness (and without any evidence) by continuously suggesting she tries to hide her asian features. i think that's a very human thing that ashley had to go through, and she was vulnerable in saying that it's something that took her longer to accept. i don't see anything wrong with her improving upon herself.

exactly, it's not even that she does things maliciously, but out of ignorance

so they chose to be an asshole and a fake feminist KNOWINGLY lol

Youre still twisting words. You still haven’t shown me where I said that she wasn’t asian enough. News flash: I never said that. You really went through the trouble of looking at all my comments, I have to say I’m flattered. Go to anyone’s comment history on this site, another news flash for you; they won’t be very kind. 

She commented herself that she was ashamed of her Asian features, why is it so crazy to say that with her current insecurities she probably still feels the same way in regards to her race? You and I have no way of knowing for certain, but that is why I’m sharing my opinion. Why is your assumption that she is not ashamed of her race anymore more valid than mine? Why are you the only one allowed to share your side of the assumption? Where is your evidence that she embraces her Asian side? Are all comments on here based on evidence? That is not always what gossip is about.  

and oh my god... are you really gonna sit there and pretend you want to improve Ashley’s life??? Of course I like criticizing her, why else would me or anyone else be on a GOSSIP site???!!!!   Do you think I would torture myself by commenting when I didn’t like commenting? Do you think everyone on this thread is basically doing self flagellation when they comment on her? Many comments on this thread, and site for that matter, are not very nice. You comment because you like sharing your views and reading the replies from others.  

she has lost weight  and a her sister had an eating disorder.... why am I not allowed to suggest at the possibility of her having an eating disorder? In her remodeling apartment video, she showed her freaking fridge and it only had a bunch of sparkling waters.... (interesting fact: sparkling water fills you up pretty nicely and suppresses hunger)

im not on this site to be nice, I’m here to share my opinion about people I find problematic. If you’re here to be nice that’s your choice but don’t try to police what can be said or not said.

If you want to assume that she does things out of ignorance, that’s fine. But I’m not the only one who has commented many times that she is capable of doing things out of malicious intents. Again, why is your side of the assumption the only one that should be allowed?  

I am indeed an asshole for saying she has man hands.... so what? It’s still my opinion. You can disagree, downvote me if you’d like, but you have no right to derail the thread with your personal complaints towards me.  

Since you went through the trouble of reading my whole comment history, you will notice that I started out being very nice with Ashley. However, over time, she became more insufferable and you will see that reflected in my comments.  You are no one to tell me what kind of person I am to be so TERRIBLE towards Ashley. My comments have always been directed towards Ashley and not towards others users (unless they start attacking me).If I want to slut shame her it is within my right too. Not everyone is in favor of hookup culture, and you are no one to tell us that we have no right to share our views. I see comments speaking in support of hookup culture, do I tell them that they can’t say that? No! Again, you can dislike my comments and disagree, but you can’t force me to not share my views as long as they are relevant and not breaking any site rule. So let it be. 

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

i think its perfectly relevant to our discussion-- ashley's actions are what are being discussed

idk ppl arguing over "Dont say this or that" or saying "ur opinion is wrong!" is super annoying. like yea its technically still abt her but its becoming more about which on of you guys are right. And that doesnt matter on a PULL thread where yall are both angrily ranting at each other. Plus nobody cares go message each other privately abt ur opinions instead of hashing it out for people to see

Posted

idk ppl arguing over "Dont say this or that" or saying "ur opinion is wrong!" is super annoying. like yea its technically still abt her but its becoming more about which on of you guys are right. And that doesnt matter on a PULL thread where yall are both angrily ranting at each other. Plus nobody cares go message each other privately abt ur opinions instead of hashing it out for people to see

hey I’m just saying that I am allowed to have my own opinion. That’s what downvotes are for, to show your dislike towards a comment. What you can’t do is spam the thread with personal complaints about how much you dislike a comment. Several people here think they can police what can be said or not said. That’s all I’m saying.