• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4799 posts in this topic

Posted

like how exhausting must it be to constantly put yourself down for your interests because if you do it first no one else can make fun of you. she can't enjoy anything confidently without having to justify it or emphasize how quirky it makes her. she either has some deep rooted issues with her identity or just fucking hates herself

You pointed it out pretty well, it feels like she is trying to justify everything about herself by either making fun of it and putting herself down or to put a "woke" and "feminist" angle on it. So nobody can really criticise her because she's joking about it or making it a feminist issue. And yeah some deep issues about herself.  

Apparently her parents are high level professors or educators or high level something in their respective fields and her family makes up like.. the top 1%. So if that's true then she doesn't need to rush to graduate to save her parents money. 

(idk tho, I've read this what feels like 100x in this thread but idk how people know this, or how they found out, and I haven't seen any proof just speculation) 

We don't know if her family is top 1%. Somebody wrote it, but that is just speculation. We know evidently that her parents make good money and that they are living in a well off area. To be part of the 1% state wise her family has to make at least 400k a year, but the average income for the 1% in Maryland is 1.4 Million. So I wouldn't through around that she and her family are part of the 1%, because we can only speculate about that. They are well off and privileged, that much has prove. 

She wrote for her graduation, that she paid 100k in tuition and in a former video she stated, that her parents are not paying for her tuition and they wanted her to go to a university in Maryland because it would be cheaper or at the university her father is working at even for free. I can imagine her mother being a first generation immigrant and her family using all her money to immigrate to the US (she stated so in an interview or essay) that she still is conscious with money and don't just want to spend it on a very expensive art degree, even though they could pay for it. I don't know how tuition is payed  in the US, but isn't it the case, that you are in debt to the university or take out a loan with a bank? So her having no credit card score doesn't really mean anything? 

Someone wrote about how Ashley may already payed off all her student debt - I wouldn't be sure because even though she makes a ton of money she still has to pay for her rent, her management and also 15% from her income is taxed for freelancing, she stayed in London for nearly a month and also traveled to NY and is preparing for her cross-country move. But I think she already payed off a HUGE chunk. 

Her apartment tour video showed how she's not paying much mind to spending money. She may be somewhat conscious about spending, but she can afford 600$ shoes, also spending hundreds of dollars just on wallpaper she will rip off in a couple of months anyways and spends 400$ on plants. This is a mindset of someone, who doesn't have to think that much about making enough money. Just like with her last room, she just spend so fucking much money on an apartment she didn't even live in for a whole year. 

Also notice, how she sometimes gleefully mentioned how she got something for "cheap" or listed the price on screen, but for a whole punch of stuff she didn't. I think she very intentionally didn't state how much the big mirror was, because it was very expensive. 

I also wonder why she made a 40min vid instead of breaking it up into different parts? She could have done an apartment series with 3-4 videos, this way she also would have content ready to post. 

There was so much to cringe about in that video, but the most cringe was her "easy making babies" comment about the pothos plant. It was just so bad and just prior to that comment she said herself that she was propagating the plant. It's just cutting parts of a plant off and rooting them, it is still the same plant. There is no new plant or seedling growing, there is not even metaphorically "baby making". I guess she just really, really had to put it in there, it felt sooo forced. And yeah, good luck getting your 400$ of plants across country, especially in January. If she doesn't invest in some VERY good moving service a lot of plants will not survive the move. She's better of to give her most sensitive plants away.

Posted (edited)

Hi!, I'm new here and I've been lurking for a while. Honestly at first glance, Ashley seemed like those high schoolers who'd always mention sex or joke about that topic and I dont know, After finding out she sold her PR stuff to depop really just made me look respect for her. Like wtf? Also the fact that she is a 'perfectionist and hardworking', dude you only wear your outfits for a video and that's hardworking

Edited by SofieUWU

Posted

It’s really upsetting me how unwatchable she now is. Previously, I’d watch her videos any time they were up but for the past 2 months or so, I just can’t bring myself to sit through them.

I found her pretty helpful at first because we have a similar body type and face shape but at this point it feels like it’s all on repeat. Definitely think she’s trying to be “not like the other girls”, but I feel as though since she picked up fame, her self-confidence hasn’t been able to keep up. That’s sad, but I feel like she’s just grasping at straws now.

Posted

You pointed it out pretty well, it feels like she is trying to justify everything about herself by either making fun of it and putting herself down or to put a "woke" and "feminist" angle on it. So nobody can really criticise her because she's joking about it or making it a feminist issue. And yeah some deep issues about herself.  

We don't know if her family is top 1%. Somebody wrote it, but that is just speculation. We know evidently that her parents make good money and that they are living in a well off area. To be part of the 1% state wise her family has to make at least 400k a year, but the average income for the 1% in Maryland is 1.4 Million. So I wouldn't through around that she and her family are part of the 1%, because we can only speculate about that. They are well off and privileged, that much has prove. 

She wrote for her graduation, that she paid 100k in tuition and in a former video she stated, that her parents are not paying for her tuition and they wanted her to go to a university in Maryland because it would be cheaper or at the university her father is working at even for free. I can imagine her mother being a first generation immigrant and her family using all her money to immigrate to the US (she stated so in an interview or essay) that she still is conscious with money and don't just want to spend it on a very expensive art degree, even though they could pay for it. I don't know how tuition is payed  in the US, but isn't it the case, that you are in debt to the university or take out a loan with a bank? So her having no credit card score doesn't really mean anything? 

Someone wrote about how Ashley may already payed off all her student debt - I wouldn't be sure because even though she makes a ton of money she still has to pay for her rent, her management and also 15% from her income is taxed for freelancing, she stayed in London for nearly a month and also traveled to NY and is preparing for her cross-country move. But I think she already payed off a HUGE chunk. 

Her apartment tour video showed how she's not paying much mind to spending money. She may be somewhat conscious about spending, but she can afford 600$ shoes, also spending hundreds of dollars just on wallpaper she will rip off in a couple of months anyways and spends 400$ on plants. This is a mindset of someone, who doesn't have to think that much about making enough money. Just like with her last room, she just spend so fucking much money on an apartment she didn't even live in for a whole year. 

Also notice, how she sometimes gleefully mentioned how she got something for "cheap" or listed the price on screen, but for a whole punch of stuff she didn't. I think she very intentionally didn't state how much the big mirror was, because it was very expensive. 

I also wonder why she made a 40min vid instead of breaking it up into different parts? She could have done an apartment series with 3-4 videos, this way she also would have content ready to post. 

There was so much to cringe about in that video, but the most cringe was her "easy making babies" comment about the pothos plant. It was just so bad and just prior to that comment she said herself that she was propagating the plant. It's just cutting parts of a plant off and rooting them, it is still the same plant. There is no new plant or seedling growing, there is not even metaphorically "baby making". I guess she just really, really had to put it in there, it felt sooo forced. And yeah, good luck getting your 400$ of plants across country, especially in January. If she doesn't invest in some VERY good moving service a lot of plants will not survive the move. She's better of to give her most sensitive plants away.

deets on income:

https://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?p=3815125&__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=221e70cc2031455ead5e27405059e49d3c220382-1577201605-0-AWuMJDa7m2mIeLEsi2Hi_zOdFJs7StM1oVz8a7W7ZQYsop6t4cGp20xguKXSsfa0E5v5oQFBk3gBdyzZWgt5bm-bzjzerg5rIsJENsOhd7VewUKdApZf7v9Ks0T3FcrUD-oOFAWu9hdpNLXY7-uOGb1g92-WDLBpqLWvyLEF0COWVVNoSKGUJNeT2AF4ilvXp5jur_B1OHOkpdBvOxm7txkZoNHJP31XGkwxS5mp6_DnP7Kf9CK5ktHXfcp3OPMf81hmyRdopfEhCPFugnpljBr2Edgy3M0xcyvgHI1IDV06#top

Posted

To be honest I love the way she decorated her house, it's very my style and I would have also for sure placed my bed in the walk in closet since I love a sort of....cosy sleeping nook? It's also very on point with how people in my country used to sleep, really really really tiny bedrooms that just fit 1 bed to conserve heat.

But there is simply no need to make so many sexual jokes (The key here is them being out of place) and to be so condescending towards activities that she herself participates in.

Posted

I watched her apartment video and honestly I'm a little peeved. I know its rude of me since she stated she has lisp so much, and is probably hella sensitive about it but i feel like if she would add some sort of subtitles, even simply youtube captions, rather than go over her own words and rerecording unhealthy amount of times, she would benefit so much more. Half the time i would have to squint to understand and the auto captions dont give very optimal subtitling either. That being said, she really has chill content that I enjoy watching while resting between work so she really has it in her, its really just accumulation of small issues that makes it a tad bit hard to watch her.

Posted

A psychologist once told me that what we hate in others personality wise is often what we hate about our own personalities. Maybe that's why Ashley is so vocal about her aversion to the influencer mindset and wants to see herself as above it, because deep down she knows that there is a shallow, image obsessed influencer in her as well. Which is not the end of the world, if she could confront it she could overcome it and become the authentic version of herself she clearly wants to be. A therapist will help with that. Honestly I really don't think she has a full blown mental illness considering how consistent she is with putting out her content, but as her sister had an eating disorder, an illness pretty much built around image and control, it really wouldn't be surprising if Ashley has issues with image and control as well. Siblings often have similar underlying issues from their shared childhood experiences, even if the severity and expression of those issues is very different. 

Also I don't get why she leans so hard into the fashion branding of her channel, she doesn't seem to know a lot about fashion as a subject beyond current trends, and her content really strikes me as "lifestyle content" more than anything else. She's selling her audience her lifestyle more than her fashion, targeting young girls who dream of a life where they could buy cute clothes and know how to sew and take pretty insta photos and be sex positive and own houseplants and be able to decorate their apartment without any worry for cost and go to a fancy university for a non practical degree etc etc. Unless you have the exact same taste and body type as she does, I really don't think people watch her content to know more about fashion or how to style themselves. I believe they watch more for the escapist fantasy of being a free, independent woman with an affluent, aesthetic lifestyle. 

Posted

this is kinda OT, but... does she worry about bugs in her thrifted furniture? she only seems to care about color and such, but i can't stop thinking about all the little bugs old wood furniture can have. 

also i just wanted to point out how out of place was something she said. when she was moving the mattress, she took a condom wrapper, then ''david's friends hat'' and added ''or whoever i'm fucking''. i felt really uncomfortable at that part lmao. like- did she just basically said she had sex with her exboyfriend friend or...

also WHY put that part on the video lmao i don't!! care!! if you have condom wraps under your bed!! i don't care if you fuck or not and with who!! i don't care!!!!

she meant the tv show friends

Posted (edited)

Apparently her parents are high level professors or educators or high level something in their respective fields and her family makes up like.. the top 1%. So if that's true then she doesn't need to rush to graduate to save her parents money. 

(idk tho, I've read this what feels like 100x in this thread but idk how people know this, or how they found out, and I haven't seen any proof just speculation) 

Google her full name next to "Maryland" and it's very easy to find, her mom and dad both work at a university. Even if it's not specifically the top 1%, she's very well-off. No clue why she rushed graduation.

Edit: I'd post everything others/myself found but I'm new to posting on here and I don't want to get in trouble/sued lmfao

Edited by russianroulette
Disclaimer

Posted

this is kinda OT, but... does she worry about bugs in her thrifted furniture? she only seems to care about color and such, but i can't stop thinking about all the little bugs old wood furniture can have. 

also i just wanted to point out how out of place was something she said. when she was moving the mattress, she took a condom wrapper, then ''david's friends hat'' and added ''or whoever i'm fucking''. i felt really uncomfortable at that part lmao. like- did she just basically said she had sex with her exboyfriend friend or...

also WHY put that part on the video lmao i don't!! care!! if you have condom wraps under your bed!! i don't care if you fuck or not and with who!! i don't care!!!!

it wasn’t “friend’s hat” but “friends hat” aka friends the show. still super fucking cringey tho

Posted

Her self esteem would get so much better if she got rid of her toxic mentality that girls who do „basic white bitch stuff” (which she enjoys herself) are in any way inferior. Like, liking fashion, make up, starbucks, selfies and shit, why is everyone looking down on it??? She has so many nice hobbies and is a smart girl, but she is so insecure she must always prove that she isnt „typical influencer”. Do what you enjoy, let others do what they enjoy. I understand her mentality, I had it in like middle school but grew out of it years ago (i was into gaming, tomboyish and wanted to be „not like other girls”, now im still into gaming and all but i also enjoy all sorts of girly things, like wtf, theres nothing wrong with that). Just so weird to see someone call themselves feminist and at the same time looking down on other girls and judging them for doing typical feminine stuff. But I think its just fault of her not having many friends, she probably sees people in a very two dimensional way and jumps to conclusions too fast (thus her looking down on every single influencer while she doesnt seem to be friends with many of them? she is judging ppl hard).

Posted

Probably because her mom and dad didn't necessarily approve or disapprove of her major. It was cheaper to go to school in Maryland, so her parents probably didnt want to pay more than they had to for her UCLA film degree. Plus, tuition is expensive as it is already. If I was Ashley, I'd want to graduate early too. I wasn't  not big on the whole "collage experience"; I just wanted to get my degree and leave.

Posted

I think the reasons why she's always talking about sex is because

in high school she used to be behind on relationships and always trying to get good grades so she's trying to make up for it by telling viewers "hey i have sex too!!!" "im not that bad looking, ppl fuck me too!! btw"

like homegirl, everybody has sex, nobody cares, and ur like 21.. most people lose their virginities in their 20s...so you don't have to constantly prove that you get sex.. 

also it's not funny, just cringe

people who usually talk about sex alot and how much they have it, usually don't have a good sex life LMAO.

it's like how some guys brag about fucking 5843539 bitches or making a girl orgasm 3846834 times, chances are, he doesn't know shit

Yeah, Ashley makes it pretty obvious she didn’t get a lot of male attention in hs imo. I feel like she’s the poster child for those nerdy “invisible” girls and her inexperienced fans are just living vicariously through her each time she goes out of her way to overshare.

I don’t like that she uses feminism to justify all of her sexual comments. Whether your a man or a woman, bragging about having sex is gross. Also, she’s a 20-something who still thinks saying “that’s what she said” is funny. Can she just stop?

Also, mentioning David seems like a desperate cry for his attention. Girl needs to move on.

And I didn’t really like her room makeover. There’s so much going on I feel like it would be nauseating to actually live there. It’s like every bit of furniture is fighting for your attention. Even if you find something really unique, it loses its value if it’s just being swamped by other statement pieces.