• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

bestdressed/ ashley

1896 posts in this topic

Posted

I don’t think her body naturally is that thin, though. Yeah she has always been skinny but now she is basically a stick with a head. To me it looks like she gained weight at first after moving to LA and then just got even skinnier and skinnier. I don’t believe her insanely low weight to be effortless tbh. She obviously just eats garbage and not a lot of it. I really think she’s super mentally ill even though I know we aren’t allowed to armchair diagnosis lmfao oops

Honestly others have mentioned her possibly having some kind of eating disorder and while we don't really have any solid evidence of that, I'm kind of afraid of that. 

But if Ashley really is on some kind of unhealthy diet or restricting her eating or anything, she has even less reason to roast other men and women for being obsessed with dieting and their appearances. She can't critique the oppressive "LA Beauty Standards" (which as an LA person I really don't see, I think in LA we really accept all shapes, sizes, colors, disabilities, etc.) but then turn around and get angry at other influencers who are simply reacting to the constant pressures placed upon them.

Being an influencer sounds like a pressure cooker to me, you have thousands or millions of people looking at your photos and videos, seeing every inch of fat you have, every blemish on your face, every nose hair or whatever. I just feel that it is hypocritical of her to act like she is so against those societal pressures, yet roast other influencers for reacting to those pressures when she definitely feels the same pressure on her.

I'm assuming a lot of you guys have heard of the "not like other girls" memes - Ashley seems like she is trying to be "not like other influencers" in last week's video. "Unlike them, I'm not obsessed with dieting and my appearance!" (Yes you are, don't make stuff up. It's your job to post your body and face online.) "Unlike them, I have brains and a personality!" (I'm assuming a lot of Instagrammers and Youtubers are really cool and intelligent people in real life, just because they're blonde and conventionally attractive doesn't mean they're dumb or worse than you somehow.) 

Posted

hello (ive been lurking this thread and finally made an account)

After seeing the pr selling thing and her moving video I feel like she kinda has a lot of the fakeness that she hates in LA? Like I kinda dont think she ever was going to move to London. I feel like she just added that in for the video.. I think it was obvious she was going to move to NY for a while now. To me it felt like she just was going on vacation to London and was like this would be a good video idea lol. The whole thing felt like an act for content. (shrug) Also, the way she tries to sell herself as a sustainable youtuber when shes clearly the opposite is just so fake to me. Like she gets a lot of stuff from Zara, Nasty Gal, and Urban Outfitters and shes considered sustainable how? 

Also her reason for moving to start working in fashion just seems so off to me. I know shes a fashion youtuber and she could start making clothing but is it really necessary? I feel like she doesn't really know much about fashion at the end of the day. She knows how to dress cute and look good but I don't think that means she's a designer. If anything her line will just be another fast fashion youtuber clothing line that just follows trends. It would not be anything mind-blowing and probably poor quality like the jewelry line. That could change though but she'd have to put in the work I guess...

Posted

Honestly others have mentioned her possibly having some kind of eating disorder and while we don't really have any solid evidence of that, I'm kind of afraid of that. 

But if Ashley really is on some kind of unhealthy diet or restricting her eating or anything, she has even less reason to roast other men and women for being obsessed with dieting and their appearances. She can't critique the oppressive "LA Beauty Standards" (which as an LA person I really don't see, I think in LA we really accept all shapes, sizes, colors, disabilities, etc.) but then turn around and get angry at other influencers who are simply reacting to the constant pressures placed upon them.

Being an influencer sounds like a pressure cooker to me, you have thousands or millions of people looking at your photos and videos, seeing every inch of fat you have, every blemish on your face, every nose hair or whatever. I just feel that it is hypocritical of her to act like she is so against those societal pressures, yet roast other influencers for reacting to those pressures when she definitely feels the same pressure on her.

I'm assuming a lot of you guys have heard of the "not like other girls" memes - Ashley seems like she is trying to be "not like other influencers" in last week's video. "Unlike them, I'm not obsessed with dieting and my appearance!" (Yes you are, don't make stuff up. It's your job to post your body and face online.) "Unlike them, I have brains and a personality!" (I'm assuming a lot of Instagrammers and Youtubers are really cool and intelligent people in real life, just because they're blonde and conventionally attractive doesn't mean they're dumb or worse than you somehow.) 

yeah, i for sure agree with you! i was just mentioning that i’m not positive her weight is really something she doesn’t have to care about. her complaining about other people talking about their diets is probably because it is triggering for her in some way and she copes with it by acting like it’s just the vanity of dieting that bothers her and not the fact that it makes her feel something wrong within herself.

Posted

Don't forget the fact she made alot of sex jokes and that she's SOOooOoO kINKY

comes off of as not like the other girls to me.

Posted

Also, DOES she have student debt? Did her parents really not help her pay for college at all? I might've missed it, which is why I'm asking, but I just can't imagine them not giving her a cent. Plus she might've gotten some scholarships since she did so well in HS. I'm inclined to believe she has no debt, or any debt she had she paid off quickly once she became massively successful on Youtube--add on a couple of sponsorships, selling overpriced stuff on Depop+selling PR, and you've got one rich kid. Haley Pham bought a freaking mansion, I doubt Ashley is struggling with school loans still (if she ever was). 

Her financial stability and security (which has been a constant throughout her life) is one of the reasons I side eye a lot of her decisions--she doesn't need the money, she just wants it and wants more and wants to hoard it. That's not a hustle lifestyle, that's greed imo.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any. I remember in a Christmas video last year she mentioned she didn't have a credit score so she had to borrow her parent's credit card to build one up.

Her parents probably paid for all of her college because:
-no credit score means didn't take out any student loans
-her parent's income is probably too high for her to get any federal grants
-she only started getting big on youtube roughly one year ago, her last year of college
-she had no "job"

credit.thumb.JPG.b05bec11750e62ab7b71a30

capture2.thumb.JPG.cb74c759c262cb7a9effa

Posted

I'm pretty sure she doesn't have any. I remember in a Christmas video last year she mentioned she didn't have a credit score so she had to borrow her parent's credit card to build one up.

Her parents probably paid for all of her college because:
-no credit score means didn't take out any student loans
-her parent's income is probably too high for her to get any federal grants
-she only started getting big on youtube roughly one year ago, her last year of college
-she had no "job"

credit.thumb.JPG.b05bec11750e62ab7b71a30

capture2.thumb.JPG.cb74c759c262cb7a9effa

she said that she worked at the school's food place and at a pizza place i believe. im pretty sure that her parents paid her tuition and all of the extra money that she earned, she used for rent and general living expenses. maybe thats why she was in a rush to graduate early and save money... because her parents were paying her tuition.

i didnt get a credit score even if i had student loans until i left school and had to pay them back. 

Posted (edited)

she just dropped her apartment makeover video and it’s over forty minutes long 💀💀 to commemorate, here are some snowflakey ~i’m so quirky and different~ ig stories she’s posted in the last week! 

(because like, it’s still 2019 so she doesn’t have to start “supporting” other women until the new year and can still hate on food bloggers! definitely other youtubers won’t refilm scenes, so therefore she’s soooo hardworking and special! nobody else dresses up or changes locations to refresh their working sessions. isn’t it totally quirky her elbow is double jointed? it’s just so quirky, you guys. like, so quirky.)

A571C7E0-1898-4B3C-9436-411C117F79BF.png

8872E87D-B222-4981-B64C-2788D9092AA3.png

677E8D3A-D034-4408-ABEF-528C97B75461.png

E1622ECD-1176-48DF-9A0C-4664A1D4CD95.png

Edited by champagneglass

Posted

E1622ECD-1176-48DF-9A0C-4664A1D4CD95.png

20% of the population can do it too, so no. Find something else to be quirky about, try reading old books or start collection cacti

Posted

drink anytime she mentions sex or sex-related things in the new video. 

it's just .. my god. 

Posted

couldn't even make it past 6mins but the way she found those things under her mattress & put the hat on her head with DUST ATTACHED TO IT

ma'am pls

Posted

drink anytime she mentions sex or sex-related things in the new video. 

it's just .. my god. 

forreal, every time she said something about sex (mostly during the part about her bedroom) i was like "was that necessary tho?". like, yes, we know you have sex and stuff but do you have to mention it in  e v e r y  v i d e o ?

also was it just me who didn't get the part when she said "i wanted my office to look like it was owned by the type of man who would call me oriental" cuz to me it just looks like a nice desk aha 🌝

Screen Shot 2019-12-24 at 1.38.25 AM.png

Posted

I sometimes don't even feel like roasting her anymore, she seems so self-aware and self-critical, how can I beat her at that? I don't even need to look for thr ridiculous things in her videos, she hands me them on a silver plate.

Zrzut_ekranu_2019-12-24_o_15.20.26.thumb

Posted (edited)

Other girls are not your rival, Ashley.

Exactly! I’ve said is before but I will say it again: the only and worst enemy she has is herself. Who knows why she is fighting normalcy, femininity, and self-acceptance. She’s fighting a battle all in her own little head and world and is totally unaware of it. You’re not proving yourself to be a better female by implying that: 

-Women who like plants are only doing it to be quirky 

-Women who take care of their figure are vapid,  dumb LA wannabes 

-Generalizing a whole city as superficial and self absorbed instead of admitting that you are the same

-Cursing makes you a unique woman 

-Watching journaling videos is obsessive 

-Influencer events are worthless unless you are invited to them 

I think that deep inside she really hates herself, otherwise why would she bash women for doing things she does all the time. She needs to work a lot on loving herself, because constantly bashing women is a typical sign of insecurity. If she hates herself for doing the things that she does, she should stop doing them, simple. I think bashing other women is her way of projecting her own insecurities on them. No Ashley, women don’t typically have plants to be quirky, that’s just you. (Ok, maybe online it has become trendy for influencers to have plants, but house plants have been a thing for centuries lmao. My mom and pretty much all my family members has had house plants ever since I can remember. People who had house plants in the 1920s weren’t doing it to be quirky wtf) What else does she think makes someone quirky? Dressing up? Reading? Having a favorite color? Unless you dip your toes in guacamole lmao or some weird shit like that, trust me Ashley, you’re not quirky at all. Please stop trying to make normal things weird. 

Until she can learn to become a better person that doesn’t have to bring herself up by putting others down she will continue to be the same way. 

Edited by DreamyCat