• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

bestdressed/ ashley

1510 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

idk it kind of just made me wonder if she really craves attention that much, or if shes really just that naive to not be concerned about how dangerous that is.

she really does crave that much attention.  ashley has incredibly low self-confidence yet is so obsessed with herself that her behavior has become transparently desperate and vain, especially stuck in her little solitary niche. i understand her inclination towards short dresses as i have a similar body type to hers (only much taller) and short dresses are definitely flattering, but those screenshots are honestly laughable at how lacking she is in self-awareness. she’s stuck in this warped mindset where she lies to herself that she’s confident and empowered when really her behavior and actions are just perpetuating her toxic insecurities.

on a side note, for someone who loves to talk about how much of a ~nerd~ she is for fashion and likes to act knowledgeable about fabrics, cuts, and silhouettes, in reality she has incredibly poor taste in what’s actually visually pleasing, unique, and of good quality/function. while i understand style is unique, her knowledge and preferences only extend to polyester blend frumpy square-neckline obscenely mini dresses, forever 21-esque shoes, and cheap jewelry. 

Edited by champagneglass
wording

Posted

New here, hi. Just noticed she's starting to link her outfits on IG but isn't disclosing that they're links that allow her to get paid if someone buys that way. Isn't this illegal? Or am I wrong here?

Posted

New here, hi. Just noticed she's starting to link her outfits on IG but isn't disclosing that they're links that allow her to get paid if someone buys that way. Isn't this illegal? Or am I wrong here?

no idea, i'm not super familiar with influencer sponsorship deals but if someone is explicitly promoting a product they usually have to put "#ad" or disclose that it's sponsored. ive seen other people link to where their clothes are from if they get enough comments asking and idk if they've denoted it as an ad. 

Posted

BEFORE: (perfectly fine, already short imo)

Screen_Shot_2019-10-16_at_7.22.57_PM.thu

What she wants to do:

Screen_Shot_2019-10-16_at_7.23.16_PM.thu

The before is short but actually cute, it has a nice silhouette since it goes in and out slightly at the hips and ends at just the right point. Flatters her well and has that cute/trendy/slightly sexy look she's going for. What she wants to do with it is going to make it look abruptly cut off, rather than making her legs look longer. She's a thin girl but things that cut off at the widest point of your hips/thighs always look weird. If she wants to elongate her figure that's not the way to do it.

If it was a romper/playsuit thing maybe it'd look better, but as a skirt she's going to flash people. If I saw her on the street I'd think she's trying to wear a shirt as a dress. I keep thinking of those weird montages in cartoons when a toddler grows up/transforms into an adult in a matter of seconds and is still wearing the same clothing. If she's trying to go for the fetish/nymphet/ageplayer look then she's nailed it. If she isn't she just looks like she forgot her pants.

Posted (edited)

why do i feel like these “mean comments” are probably just constructive criticisms, genuine questions, or expressions of different tastes and opinions? she’s so obsessed w perfection but like ... when will she understand that her interpretation of perfection is clearly not everybody’s idea of perfection?? like she literally has over 1 million subscribers following her. “in case someone doesn’t like it” lmfao what makes her think that all 1 million people will enjoy the same overplayed cheesy soundtrack, ugly sex and social justice jokes, and same tacky outfits in each and every video? 

E32FEF41-4E60-412A-97A0-49359B7A05B2.png

Edited by champagneglass

Posted

why do i feel like these “mean comments” are probably just constructive criticisms, genuine questions, or expressions of different tastes and opinions? she’s so obsessed w perfection but like ... when will she understand that her interpretation of perfection is clearly not everybody’s idea of perfection?? like she literally has over 1 million subscribers following her. “in case someone doesn’t like it” lmfao what makes her think that all 1 million people will enjoy the same overplayed cheesy soundtrack, ugly sex and social justice jokes, and same tacky outfits in each and every video? 

I think part of it is that she realised too late that she freaked everyone out with her video where she kept repeating the same line over and over again. Now she has to come up with a relatable backstory to justify it. I think that's why she mentions wanting to post something that's " performed to perfection". If its a personal video, why are you worried about the performance as opposed to just the content? The logic doesn't add up.

Posted

I completely agree! “In case someone doesn’t like it”? Does she honestly believe everyone is going to like what she does and says? Never mind that she has millions of subscribers, even if you are a regular person, you will NEVER please everyone. It’s so toxic to yourself and honestly a little narcissistic to think that everyone has to like what you do and that if someone doesn’t like it, it must surely mean that they are haters who only say “mean” things. Ashley, hon, reality sometimes isn’t so sweet and comfortable, and wanting to be coddled by people who worship you despite being so flawed is perfect if you want to remain an immature child who thinks sex is what validates her as a woman. 

Posted

Ashley comes off as really insecure and self-hating.. she's half-Asian but seems to really dislike her Asian side/features.

Posted

sighhhhhh she has almost like 2 million subscribers now! thats the thing, with 2 million people following her online OF COURSE there are gonna be some who say mean shit. like personally, i feel the same way and i totally get obsessing over the negative things 1 or 2 people might say about you but if youre that worried then just block, ignore, report, etc. or take a break from social media if its THAT bad and affecting your mental health THAT much. im sure she gets some actual mean comments (though they are MINUSCULE compared to the massive amount of people adoring her for existing) but she could easily block those people or block certain words from being used or just only read the first handful of comments and maybe like/respond and then not read any of the rest

but tbqh this strikes me as MAJORLY fishing for compliments/organizing fans to attack anyone who may even just be giving constructive criticism in the future because ~if ashley thinks it could be "mean" then maybe she wont make content anymore!!! and it would all be YOUR fault for writing mean things!!!!!! ~ like this could just be such an excuse to be lazy and gain sympathy points later on by being like ive got to take a breakkkkk people are just TOO MEAN, and then her fans go rabid at anyone and everyone else not in the fandom.

like honestly i still try to like ashley, but this is just so fucking manipulative to me. either she wanted to then receive an influx of compliments (somehow more than she already does?) or she wants people to defend her on comments that critique her in any way, or BOTH. just really gross and made me roll my eyes into the back of my freaking head. 

it wouldve been a lot LESS manipulative if she was like "now im almost at 2 mil there are more comments, even some harsher/mean ones. im learning how to ignore the bad and only focus on the good but its a process! i think we can all improve on that but at the end of the day im just so glad for everyone who follows me and supports me and i just wanted to remind myself of that by thanking all of you"---like that wouldve been positive rather than this whiny/complaining/feel sorry for me nonsense.

ugh i lost a lot of respect for her with this.

Posted

imagine always yapping about how you’re so sustainable, loooove good quality investment pieces, and trying to develop a unique style but continue endorsing nastygal of all horrible fast fashion brands and wearing the same boring puffy sleeved dress... couldn’t be me. people will laugh and stare at influencers doing ~photoshoots~ literally everywhere, la is teeming with them and it’s secondhand embarrassment for everybody yet she wants to be sooo anti-influencer or whatever. as somebody has stated before, she has a tendency to make fun of herself to seem relatable before anybody else can and it’s so annoying. she looks great but the outfit feels so silly when you picture her out and about on a normal day. 

also, i didn’t even catch the previous screenshot but seriously “performed to perfection”?? for a VLOG???? god she needs to get over herself 🙄

C40C3A38-B260-4B9F-896A-FDE49D474D7C.jpeg

Posted

imagine always yapping about how you’re so sustainable, loooove good quality investment pieces, and trying to develop a unique style but continue endorsing nastygal of all horrible fast fashion brands and wearing the same boring puffy sleeved dress... couldn’t be me. people will laugh and stare at influencers doing ~photoshoots~ literally everywhere, la is teeming with them and it’s secondhand embarrassment for everybody yet she wants to be sooo anti-influencer or whatever. as somebody has stated before, she has a tendency to make fun of herself to seem relatable before anybody else can and it’s so annoying. she looks great but the outfit feels so silly when you picture her out and about on a normal day. 

also, i didn’t even catch the previous screenshot but seriously “performed to perfection”?? for a VLOG???? god she needs to get over herself 🙄

C40C3A38-B260-4B9F-896A-FDE49D474D7C.jpeg

hate it when makes the face like this. it doesn't look sexy at all just extremely try-hard. I do believe she does hate her Asian side. if you look at all the people she follows on IG, the majority of them are Caucasian. 

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJcJEMAOJA4

omg she's actually moving away from LA....I was right about her trying to escape from her issues. Also this video  is just so awkward. Especially when she's butthurt over not being invited to an event but tries to act cool like "but that's ok because influencer events are overrated". Like damn Ashley, grow up..She's still a child y'all.

PS: I am starting to cringe at her intros and her "soothing voice" emotional talks. Like girl, just give me the content I signed up for, I don't always need that emotional talk....HASHTAGRELATABLEHASHTAG

Edited by gwiyomi

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJcJEMAOJA4

omg she's actually moving away from LA....I was right about her trying to escape from her problems. Like damn Ashley, grow up. Especially when she's butthurt over not being invited to an event but tries to act cool like "but that's ok because influencer events are overrated"...She's still a child y'all.

PS: I am starting to cringe at her intros and her "soothing voice" emotional talks. Like girl, just give me the content I signed up for, I don't always need that emotional talk....HASHTAGRELATABLEHASHTAG

not sure if i missed something but why did she unlist this video?

oops never mind. it's back on her channel

Edited by goodtimes

Posted

Ashley comes off as really insecure and self-hating.. she's half-Asian but seems to really dislike her Asian side/features.

LMAO y'all are fucking ridiculous at this point where did this even come from???? i love it when everyone here armchair diagnoses people

she's insecure, but that's human. she's definitely not as bad as other influencers

Posted

I'm really wondering what kind of person Ashley is going to turn out to be in the end. The more I think about it, the more I realize she is really really young and she has no idea what she is doing. She's not confident at all, but at the same time she is getting a bigger ego because she has such a big platform that she does deserve. She worked hard, made a lot of videos and she is getting recognized. But at the same time she doesn't seem to know how to handle it because she is indeed giving some type of snark about not getting invited to events.

In general I don't think there is anything bad about Ashley really, especially compared to other influencers and people discussed on this website. She just needs to do some serious growing up and think about how she wants to grow. She even said in her newest video that she wants to be more than just the relatable girl who hates herself. 

She's just stuck in this weird area, where she is 21 and she is officially an adult. You are doing all of these adults things like finishing school forever, getting actual jobs, living on your own. Just in general being responsible for yourself but in your head you are still a young child. I mean I am turning 29 this year and I cried when I received a letter from the government for 400 something euro for no apparent reason...