• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

bestdressed/ ashley

4796 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZy6A_ihA20

no offense but the first outfit was so bad i almost gagged.  :stoplz:  why does she need a crop top for almost every outfit?

sO sHe DoEsNt LoSe HeR wAiSt:happee:

Honestly though, they look ridiculous in 75% of her outfits. Not only do they look out of place in most of her outfits but the new hemline, where she cuts the fabric, looks so badly done. Ashley has shown she knows how to cut and sew a new hem, but I guess she likes the distressed, uneven, raw edge which.....is a choice.

Edited by breadstal

Posted

imo even though this website usually is fine with how they critique online personalities y'all are really hard on her ngl esp w fashion bc its like just dont watch her?? fashion is a personal choice 

Posted (edited)

imo even though this website usually is fine with how they critique online personalities y'all are really hard on her ngl esp w fashion bc its like just dont watch her?? fashion is a personal choice 

I see your point but she is a fashion youtuber, her job is literally about what clothes she buys and how she wears them. People have the right to criticize a fashion youtuber if they think her style is bad or can be improved. Ashley does diy clothing videos that are honestly really bad, from the way she sews to even how she cuts things. This is her job, saying that those things shouldn't be criticized sounds a bit snowflakey im sorry. 

Tbh, i do like some of her outfits but ever since i saw her last thrift flip in which she wore a dress that barely covered her ass and you could literally see the crooked hemline because of how badly she cuts i was so done with most of her fashion choices. She doesn't give realistic outfit ideas and her thrift flips consist of her badly cutting up old sweaters and that's enough for her audience. I used to enjoy her outfit videos so much before but now she's so boring. All she has worn this year is blouses and dresses with puffy sleeves and square necklines paired with chunky shoes to make it  "edgy and not like other girls'' At this point she looks like a painting; always looks the same. For someone who's job is literally based on clothes, i don't find it nitpicky to say that she should have more variety in her style. I see a lot of other youtubers who are always going out of their comfort zone to try new things and create interesting content. Its ok to have things that you specifically like, but when you have an audience you can't be upset that they are bored of you or that they wished you tried out new things. 

As for her latest video, I really liked the outfit at 5:53 with the yellow blouse and floral skirt. For once she wore something that wasn't a square neck top and chunky shoes. I didn't enjoy it too much when she had to bring up something about cultural appropriation in regards to the blouse, not because she can't talk about it but im at a point right now where i roll my eyes every time she brings up some social or political issue. It just screams to me "look at me guys! im woke!" She doesn't really care about those issues, she just cares about looking woke and informed. Every video of hers now has at least one political point. If she did it every once in a while i wouldn't care but seeing that disturbing video of how she repeats lame scripted lines I know now for sure that she plans beforehand what political or social issue she's going to "casually" mention. I dont want to hear a girl complain about capitalism when she is also a result of capitalism or cultural appropriation for wearing a blouse that can pass up as a regular blouse to most westerners. (tbh, that blouse looked like a regular vintage-victorian style top, but i guess i learned what an indonesian top looks like? Good for me i guess...)

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

i roll my eyes every time she brings up some social or political issue. It just screams to me "look at me guys! im woke!" She doesn't really care about those issues, she just cares about looking woke and informed. Every video of hers now has at least one political point. If she did it every once in a while i wouldn't care but seeing that disturbing video of how she repeats lame scripted lines I know now for sure that she plans beforehand what political or social issue she's going to "casually" mention. I dont want to hear a girl complain about capitalism when she is also a result of capitalism or cultural appropriation for wearing a blouse that can pass up as a regular blouse to most westerners.

this is what bothers me about her the most.

she's so superficial about serious issues, feminism is the prime example of that. It's just so hypocritical and off-putting to me that she screams left and right 'oh look how woke i am! i'm such a feminist' while only speaking about how unfair is that patriarchy wants her to shave her legs. Same goes for politics and list goes on: you can already expect that a video of hers will contain lame sex jokes, politic propaganda with little to no substance to it, white feminism, look how quirky I am / not like the other girls sort of bullshit. I used to like her so much but i would love to embrace her real self more instead of covering everything with cringy self-deprecating jokes.

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZy6A_ihA20

no offense but the first outfit was so bad i almost gagged.  :stoplz:  why does she need a crop top for almost every outfit?

I suffer from cropped every top + high waist syndrome too, and have a body type similar to Ashley's (except more boobage), normal sized tops make me look boxy and matronly honestly, when you are skinny giving the visual look of an actual figure (even if you are a pear or hourglass) depends alot on what you are wearing, usually the staples will be Bodycon, Crop Top + High waist, BELT, and showing alot of colarbone and torso. Obviously doesn't apply to oversized or flowy garments.

I avoid normal hemline fitted shirts like the plague because they will make me look like a fridge.

Ashley has said she has body image issues so its not surprising she will stick to safe bets like these.

Posted

i just remembered, the other day when her jewelry collab dropped, on ig stories she said something along the lines of "i know youtubers usually make something and want you to buy but i don't know i'm just so happy seeing my designs irl!!" as if that would set her apart from the rest lol like ma'am you're still literally a youtuber who made something and now wants her followers to buy it?? what makes you think you're some not-like-others snowflake in this situation? she wanna be all woke and anti-capitalism so bad smh 🙄

Posted (edited)

i just remembered, the other day when her jewelry collab dropped, on ig stories she said something along the lines of "i know youtubers usually make something and want you to buy but i don't know i'm just so happy seeing my designs irl!!" as if that would set her apart from the rest lol like ma'am you're still literally a youtuber who made something and now wants her followers to buy it?? what makes you think you're some not-like-others snowflake in this situation? she wanna be all woke and anti-capitalism so bad smh 🙄

She thinks that as long as she acknowledges something she is guilty of it somehow makes it ok.  Kind of like when a girl who is very mean and annoying says things like “I’m just being honest”, as if saying that makes it ok or erases the fact that she is a total bitch lol. It’s a typical red herring, a fallacy that Ashley is very good at. Or it could also be an appeal to emotion: “I know I look like every greedy youtuber who sells stuff but I have  been very emotionally unstable and this makes me very happy so I’m not like the rest of them ok?”

(I’m a big fan of logical fallacies so leave me alone).

I guess she thinks acknowledging it makes her sound conscious, which it does, but she also thinks it makes her different than the rest. She’s always criticizing others for being typical but she’s the same. She dresses like every Instagram girl, she buys fast fashion like every Instagram girl, and now she’s selling cheap products like every other youtuber. I laughed when I read your comment. Does she honestly think she is the only youtuber who gets happy when they see their  designs/products come to life? She doesn’t realize that not only is she failing at being “not like other girls”, she is pretty much always shading on other influencers.

Edited by DreamyCat

Posted

As for her latest video, I really liked the outfit at 5:53 with the yellow blouse and floral skirt. For once she wore something that wasn't a square neck top and chunky shoes. I didn't enjoy it too much when she had to bring up something about cultural appropriation in regards to the blouse, not because she can't talk about it but im at a point right now where i roll my eyes every time she brings up some social or political issue. It just screams to me "look at me guys! im woke!" She doesn't really care about those issues, she just cares about looking woke and informed. Every video of hers now has at least one political point. If she did it every once in a while i wouldn't care but seeing that disturbing video of how she repeats lame scripted lines I know now for sure that she plans beforehand what political or social issue she's going to "casually" mention. I dont want to hear a girl complain about capitalism when she is also a result of capitalism or cultural appropriation for wearing a blouse that can pass up as a regular blouse to most westerners. (tbh, that blouse looked like a regular vintage-victorian style top, but i guess i learned what an indonesian top looks like? Good for me i guess...)

longtime lurker and this is my first post so please bear with me but like

if she actually concerned about cultural appropriation, she could have just... not bought it, or at least not worn the top. cultural appropriation is about profiting of another person's culture, especially when the culture at hand is basically put down and demeaned in society. and ashley, you're styling a kebaya top in a video about fashion that you create as your job, you're earning money off it. think a little.

or not. your fanbase won't care much. 

Posted (edited)

Would moving to New York actually help her? I know that it’s closer to her hometown and maybe she has some old friends there but idk. I’ve never lived in New York so if anyone can add their own experience I would appreciate it but in my opinion it looks like a pretty lonely place, even more than LA. Big cities in general tend to be lonely despite being full of people. Regardless of where she lives, I think she would find some benefit in joining some type of group if that makes sense. You meet potential friends either through your job or through common hobbies or interests. She’s supposedly working on some film or something from what’s been said on this thread so maybe she’s already meeting new people. I’m just saying, moving to a different place hoping to start a new life is useless if you don’t change your old habits. A place can’t change you, you change yourself.

I also have my suspicions about whether her parents actually didn’t now about her channel but to be fair, a lot older people are not really into YouTube (or the internet in general). Even if you watch a lot of YouTube, it’s impossible to know of every big channel since now there’s so many channels with more than 1 million subscribers. As for her sister, it could be that her sister kept it a secret or maybe didn’t even know about it. Honestly, I don’t talk with any of my old friends from high school anymore, so if one of them had a very successful YouTube channel I would have no idea unless I specifically looked them up. 

As for her nice apartment, to my knowledge, Ashley has never mentioned her parents flying to visit her.  You might be surprised to know how many people are estranged from their parents or barely talk to them and act like it’s normal or cool these days. 

mmm never been a content creator on YT or lived in LA but honestly living in NY was really fun and made my creativity spark even more (I do marketing/advertising). Also should you feel alone it’s so easy to find spots to hang out at, since everything’s close by. Now I did have friends I met through gym I could hang with should I ever feel super lonely. However I’m also pretty comfortable being by myself. I personally think NY isn’t for everyone. If you can’t handle being by your lonesome (like Ashley seems to struggle these days with) then I’d suggest you stick to smaller city. If she does end up moving to nyc after the announcement, that to me will only seem like she’s trying to escape from things without dealing with it like an adult:/

Edited by gwiyomi

Posted

watched her new video. that aside about her bras and underwear was unbearable

Posted

why did she spend so much time on her bras and undies . grow up kiddo 

Posted

here she goes again with plugging her sex life

Posted

Did she really show a dildo under her bed? Why does anyone need to see that, even if she blurred it? She could have edited it out but no, Mrs. Sexually Liberated had to show us that she is special because she sticks objects up her vagina in a video about getting rid of clothes she doesn't use anymore. She really is special, but not the kind of special she thinks she is.